Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Buying yellow sticker/reduced 2012 challenge - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

Buying yellow sticker/reduced 2012 challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
698 replies 88K views

Replies

• gailey_2gailey_2 Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Im always honest and polite.
    always have a natter with the staff, supervisor in spar is lovley.

never seen anyone moving stickers but seen people pushing and shoving
    If theres a large quantity of 1item I dont take it all for me I leave some for others.
    I inform other customers and freinds of bargains.

well scatty me lost control of time today.

dident use reduced sausages to make casserole will do that tommorow.

but remembered my other reduced bargin in spar yesterday knew i forgot something.

twin pack bacon-12rashers for £1.59-works out about 12p a rasher my butcher does me 20p a rasher which I thourght was good but this is better.brought 2packs.
    bacon freezes well

so tonight we had toasted cheese and bacon sandwiches

1.60/2 =75p for 6rashers of bacon
    reduced loaf kingsmill bread 28p
    small amount grated cheese-approx cost on offer cathredral city 30p
    small amount of butter on offer at £1 used probably 15p worth if that
    lidls oven chips 60 but used half bag so 30p

kids had 1sandwich each
    some oven chips
    lidls ketchup

me and hubby 2 each
    some chips
    small amout reduced side salad.

cost entire thing mainly down to it being reduced and small quantities used

£1.70 to feed family of 4 as baby had puree.
    so 42p per meal per person.
    beat that sainsburys family meal for a fiver.

wasent quite as nice as toasted pannini and late in costa but ok and filling.
    would have been nicer with frozen wedges.
    could make cheaper by making own wedges out of cheap, reduced tatas.
    but wanted something quick tonight normally I do make my own chips but today feeling lazy.

so considering I only really go reduced hunting 3-4times aweek to co-op and spar and dont get vast amounts or manage to get to big boys I do ok as eat 1-3 reduced items per day!
    Maybe I am being more succesful targeting smaller shops/retailers as they cut deep as just not busy enough.plus less competition from other whoopsie hunters.
    pad by xmas2010 £14,636.65/£20,000::beer:
    Pay off as much as I can 2011 £15008.02/£15,000:j

new grocery challenge £200/£250 feb

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON:D,Onwards and upward2013:)
  • I do love the Yellow Stickers I had my family round today and we had a Yellow Sticker mr M turkey and pork joint which was £5 with Yellow Sticked potatoes which where 49p HM yorkshire and Alidi top 6 veggies. The only way we can afford to eat like this is with reduced food I do love the yellow Stickers I did not even know they where about untill I joined MSE:D
    February GC £261.97/24 NSDS 10/12
    march 300/290 NSD 12/6
    ARPIL 300/ 238.23 NSD'S 10/3

• victoryvictory Forumite
    16.2K posts
    I do love the Yellow Stickers I had my family round today and we had a Yellow Sticker mr M turkey and pork joint which was £5 with Yellow Sticked potatoes which where 49p HM yorkshire and Alidi top 6 veggies. The only way we can afford to eat like this is with reduced food I do love the yellow Stickers I did not even know they where about untill I joined MSE:D

I couldn't live without them:D
    Misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • No nor could I now that I know about them they really do change the amount you have to pay at the till dont they :) I am wondering though do all the diffrent stores have a diffrent time to reduce things is there anyway you can find out and are some shops better then others?
    February GC £261.97/24 NSDS 10/12
    march 300/290 NSD 12/6
    ARPIL 300/ 238.23 NSD'S 10/3

• I have been going into our Morrisons at different times to try get it right. After 5pm+ is too early, the store is still busy with people coming after work. 6pm seems about right. Went at 9pm Saturday and there was absolutely nothing, must have been too late. I also seem to get the best prices midweek, tuesday, wednesday or thursday evening. It seems quieter in store on those evenings. HTH
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    We are both retired and have always taken advantage of reductions whereever we shop. We even managed to pick up an extra freezer from freecycle. I have also always used the cooking bacon offcuts which are often streaky rashers, and most supermarkets sell mixed meat pieces on the deli counters which are very versatile in quiches, on pizzas or even if you are lucky enough to have ham chunks blitzed with some spread and spices to make sandwich spread.
  • pinksk8pinksk8 Forumite
    217 posts
    This Weeks Yellow Sticker Bargains!

Sains
    Gressingham Foods Corn Fed Poussin (sains) [STRIKE]£6.40[/STRIKE] - £1.60

Tesco
    Orange Gerainums - 50p
    2 x Carnantions - 20p (all lovely quality)
    Pasta Bowl - 7p
    baby corn tray - 12p
    baby veg tray - 13p
    choc donuts (for the OH, not me, im being good!) - 12p

Add to this all the usual from morrisons (bead etc) and ive hardly spent a thing this week and my flowers look beautiful.

:j
    Won 2012:
    Bobbi Brown Mascara / TRIA System
    Raceday Tickets / Dainty Doll Make-Up /
    Garnier Face Serum / Tanning Kit
    16.2K posts
    No nor could I now that I know about them they really do change the amount you have to pay at the till dont they :) I am wondering though do all the diffrent stores have a diffrent time to reduce things is there anyway you can find out and are some shops better then others?

I don't think there is adefinete answer to this one for some unknown reason my morries does the yellow stickers bang in the middle of the day whereas you would think they would do it toward closing time...

Tesco have as much in the morning reduced as they do if you go later, weird.....

Sainsburys this part of the world has such few reductions it is really not worth the trip and yet others say that theirs is the place to go...

My Co-op do great deals but only really on the stuff that they have over ordered so that is lucky dip as well...

This year because I know it is pretty much a certainty am going to concentrate on morries:D
    16.2K posts
    We are both retired and have always taken advantage of reductions whereever we shop. We even managed to pick up an extra freezer from freecycle. I have also always used the cooking bacon offcuts which are often streaky rashers, and most supermarkets sell mixed meat pieces on the deli counters which are very versatile in quiches, on pizzas or even if you are lucky enough to have ham chunks blitzed with some spread and spices to make sandwich spread.

I use the mixed meats in pies the kids love it and they always say they hate ham but in a pie they cannot see it:rotfl::rotfl:
    16.2K posts
    pink I never seem to get the right down low prices of 10p etc but I do ok I just wait for the second reduction of morries as the first is laughable 40p off or 50p if you are lucky and the next lot are more cut throat;)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support