Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Buying yellow sticker/reduced 2012 challenge - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

Buying yellow sticker/reduced 2012 challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
698 replies 88K views

Replies

• pinksk8 wrote: »
    Great, i have an allotment, i think its definitely the way to go! It also tastes a million times better than s/market fruit and veg. x

I did have a veg box delivery...stopped it because of the price...but it tasted divine. The carrots, when you peeled them leaked juice on you, and even the spuds tasted so much better...just wasnt enough of them LOL
  • There are several things I have never seen with yellow stickers on at work:
    . Onions/Shallots
    . Bacon
    . Cheeses like Dairylea, Laughing Cow, Mini Babybels, Cheesestrings, Philly
  • victoryvictory Forumite
    16.2K posts
    kittywight wrote: »
    that is just awesome :) go you! :T:T

this sounds like a great challenge ... doubt i would do it as a only option, but im defenitly intrested in going to the reduced sections more often.. im going to hit up morrisons this sunday, hdquite a few bargains there last week.

can i just ask, are you only buyin the whoopsies/yellow reduced sticker items ... or are you buying bogof's and half prices deals??

xx

Originally in my NY resolution it was just going to be yellow stickers as I have noticed recently our local morries has some fab ones around lunchtime (maybe over ordered because they never used to) so I went again today and got masses again, still have the mentality of 'oh, should I have this many, never really bought in bulk before to such a degree so did today and went and got the others that were left there, it was just me as she was marking them down, so no fights or fuss today:rotfl::rotfl:

So, back to the original question yes to begin with but no not now the BOGOF's and half price will also have to be included, as is the 50p carrots, pots, apples, etc that Morries do sometimes if not Aldi for their 39p/69p veg and some fruit, so long as iti s not full price then it is bought, full price, no deal:D
    Misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
    16.2K posts
    Junier wrote: »
    Why buy toms at 50p when u can get a cheaper brand and save even more, after all toms are toms!:j

True I do that often as well as DS likes tomato soup so I buy the 19p value soup and he has no complaints, does not like the Aldi cheerios though, says they taste like cardboard:rotfl: I bought a load of toms in tins even the cherry toms ones which were priced at £1.13 for 50p so that is an impressive stash for the future and their 50p soups and their 50p pot noodles, tried other pots but kids don't like those and seen as they are half the price bought loads, could have saved as you say buying cheaper tins of toms and cheaper tins of soup maybe but not cheaper than 50p for the pot noodles
    16.2K posts
    Hmmm...Id love to...but I am on a self imposed Supermarket ban for the year (anything I cant find cheap enough, I either have to learn to deal without or learn to make (shocker!)

That sounds interesting, I make all my cakes, cookies, brownies, biscuits, that type of things and chilli con carne,lasagna with the basic value pasta, spag bog etc and freeze

I have done a lot of thati f it is not in the sale then I go without, wait until it is, simples:D
    16.2K posts
    All the items in the freezer at the moment are yellow sticker/whoopsies. If there is something on half price/bogof that we will use i will stock up on it.

I bought loads from morries today happened to be in there at the right time and struck lucky for £43 it has filled one of my freezers entirely with meats, sausages, pasta dishes, for what they cost to begin with I have saved a fortune:D
    16.2K posts
    Ben84 wrote: »

It's worth doing, but having to buy only reduced and stuff on offer would cost me too much time I think.

I agree somewhat with what you say, the yellow stickers that I bought today would I have normally bought them? Well no but for 2 reasons 1) they were too expensive to begi nwith and 2) I would not necessarily have gone in to buy them because of 1) so in the end the yellow stickers entice you to buy them, Morries here I don't know if it is nationwide but they do 2 reductions one is silly like 50p or 75p off hardly worth looking at and the second is more much more so I always wait for the second one and it would be impossible to get it cheaper albar they actually give it to you as you walk out of the door so then I pounce and bulk up the freezer, it is never wasted, always used and costs a considerable amount cheaper:D
    16.2K posts

Will be very refreshing...only slight issue...I work at Tesco!:o

Do Tesco not offer you the yellow stickers reductions then?
    16.2K posts
    Middy wrote: »
    There are several things I have never seen with yellow stickers on at work:
    . Onions/Shallots
    . Bacon
    . Cheeses like Dairylea, Laughing Cow, Mini Babybels, Cheesestrings, Philly

There were loads of bacon today for 99p and Gammon steaks 99p
    16.2K posts
    flippin36 wrote: »
    I know we couldn't live on yellow sticker food alone but I do give it a damn good try!! Not only do I like the frugalness of reductions, I get a satisfaction that food won't be wasted whilst there are yellow sticker hunters around. I'm looking into getting a chest freezer for the garage - perhaps on ebay.

OP I'm glad I'm not the only one who nearly had heart failure at the price of cereal in Morrisons! I refuse to pay those prices, thankfully we have an aldi in walking distance and my family are happy with those. If can't get meat at a reduced price I go to aldi for that too.

No I just could not bring myself to spend £5.50 on 2 boxes of cereal:eek: especially when I know if I wait they will be £1 a box and that is when I get loads of them, they taste the same but cheaper:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support