Buying yellow sticker/reduced 2012 challenge

in Gone Off!
698 replies 88.4K views

Replies

• victoryvictory Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    I bought a ready meal from morries once advertise with chorizo in it, it had one slice, so I took a photo of it and as a joke went to morries with the camera and showed her, she immediately said 'go and get another one for free' so was very happy, some of the chicken ones have only three pieces at most and when I cook it from scratch sure I cut back o nthe chicken pieces but not just 3 little bits:rotfl::rotfl:
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • just got back from morrisons, i had just got to the reduced section where they had started knocking down bacon to 9p from £3.59. had 5 packs. also got some 1/4 pounders from russtlers with my vouchers paid 15 1/2p each from full price using the voouchers. will the pork pies and sausages, cheese, chicken reduced i got i paid £8. lol it was heavy walking home from the shop.lol only gone in to get the burgers and some milk
    :rotfl: given up on tesco do a lot os boots offers. but weekends are now in orange trackside b. lol
    now a race marshal at silverstone.:beer:
  • meg72meg72 Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    just got back from morrisons, i had just got to the reduced section where they had started knocking down bacon to 9p from £3.59. had 5 packs. also got some 1/4 pounders from russtlers with my vouchers paid 15 1/2p each from full price using the voouchers. will the pork pies and sausages, cheese, chicken reduced i got i paid £8. lol it was heavy walking home from the shop.lol only gone in to get the burgers and some milk

Ohh well done,dont you just love it when you time it just right
    Slimming World at target
  • meg72meg72 Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    victory wrote: »
    I did fantastically well at morries yesterday, the SA is all chatty and nice to me now which helps as she knows I go fro the meat first and the add ons later if there are any, so she was pricing down the chicken and sort of gave me the heads up so got 99p chicken thighs/legs instead of £4 and then the pier de resistance:j 2 sirloin steaks with pepper corn sauce for £3.49 instead of £7.99 in packet, she went to put them down and then said to me 'take them all you know why' (the other lady there owned a restaurant and they come in on mass often, various members of the family and just grab and go, always meat, just grab handfuls not even stop to ask if anyone wants any just take the lot so the SA was fed up with it this time and asked me to take it for a change:j)

So I did, I have seperated them so they will make 6 dinners, no need for two sirloin steaks per meal and I am the only one that likes red meat so :j

I got so much stuff, strawberry mousses for 29p instead of £1, loads of different flavours of curries for £1.15 instead of £3.49, gammon for £1.45 instead of £3.49, sausages 49p instead of £1.50, sausages in onion gravy 99p instead of £3.49, some weight watchers meals £1.15 instead of £2.49, lots of those little tapas 99p instead of £3.49, organic full fat milk for 45p, the list goes on, the two freezers are chocca:j

The SA made me laugh because she said loudly 'see you tomorrow' to me:rotfl: she saysshe is sick to the back teeth of the grabbers and I am polite and say please and thank you and wait my turn and am a refreshing change from what she normally has to put up with:D

Having been brought up to watch thePs and Qs,or else.I am constantly amazed at how rude and pushy some people are,think they could do with the clip round the ear we used to get from our Dear Old Mom,
    Slimming World at target
  • got three pizzas in morries reduced today to 75p each - buy 1 get 2 free i think but that offer didn't work with reduced. boo hoo. but three pizzas for that money means happy kids!

no other YS stuff today.
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
  • joeyboyjoeyboy Forumite
    248 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Oh I love it when I see yellow sticker stuff, though often at my Tescos and Sainsburys I find them randomly in their appropriate sections rather then all being at the reduced items bit.

Does anyone know a good sort of time to pay a visit when the supermarket(Tesco) is a huge 24hr one? I was thinking since it's open all the time, they probably wouldn't do really big reductions until late, like 10pm or something?
  • edited 27 March 2012 at 1:54AM
    franskiesfranskies Forumite
    93 Posts
    edited 27 March 2012 at 1:54AM
    I did well today in Asda....
    12 Warburton teacakes (BBE 28th march!) 80p down from 1.65
    Allinsons Sourdough batch (BBE 29th!) 65p down from 1.25
    2 stir fry packs - 42p down from £1
    Shiitake mushrooms -24p down from 80p

Also got blue dragon stir fry sauces for 30p, not yellow stickered but promotion but thought i'd mention as its a bargain!

Got everything i wanted for less than half price, woohoo! Love when reduction match your shopping list :D
  • EdwardiaEdwardia Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    My OH doesn't low carb and he likes ready meals occasionally. I buy yellow stickered stuff for him as a kind of trial price. He won't buy Tesco ready meals at all now. We've noticed that it's often the new products which are yellow stickered and the less popular things - but sometimes you can get really expensive stuff marked down because basically everyone thought it too expensive at full price. I once got a dozen quail's eggs for 10p
  • victoryvictory Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    In morries what gets yellow stickered is the ready meals that you do not normally look out for like the best range, the prices do not make people look out for them so sometimes other than special occasions like valentine's day or mothers day do not automatically go for the best range that and over stock and voila great reduced prices:D

That and organic, I personally never look for organic but the other day there was a chicken priced at £7.54 originally:eek: down to £3 so I bought it, it tasted to me no different, I certainly would not have paid the price, far too much for a family meal.
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • RiversongRiversong Forumite
    342 Posts
    In my local Asda there was a stack of veggies, bags of carrots, huge swedes, potatoes etc reduced to 25p or 9p etc. People were turning their noses up at it complaining at the lack of meat! Seriously? I stacked my basket and froze most of it :) always handy for a last minute stew.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs

MSE Deals