Buying yellow sticker/reduced 2012 challenge

in Gone Off!
698 replies 88.4K views

Replies

• calicocatcalicocat Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Chutzpah Haggler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just popped in for a look......and found people like me...I get loads of yellow ticket food and often lurk like some stalker at the woman with the ticket machine,I also clock in my local garage the sell by dates on the salmon and go in that day to get it half price. I am doing a different challenge at the moment but will deffo be reading the posts for new ideas.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • not seen much in terms of YS lately. Must stop shopping at Aldi and Lidl I guess..lol.
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
  • MysteryMeMysteryMe Forumite
    3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got 3 meat feast deep fill pizzas for 63p each in A$da along with two packs of BirdsEye Haddock fillets bake to perfection which were half price at £1.50. I rarely shop there but pleased with my buys, would most probably have been bigger reductions later on in the day as they are closed tomorrow.
  • Not been on for a while (life problems) but have been lurking when possible and am really impressed with all your ys purchases. Not always able to get out at the 'right' times but managed to find a few things this week. Fish, yogs and veggies. Managed to save quite a bit off my 'normal' shopping so quite pleased but no where near as good as what you guys sometimes get :( but still pleased with what I manage to get:)
  • Has the most amazing YS hunt yesterday in our local Mr T, got there just after 4pm and they had just started. Some of the tihings i got were....

finest rump/rib eye steak from £6+ to 82-95p
    steak mince 40p
    chicken breasts 80p
    diced steak 60p
    lamb steaks 80p
    pizza express pizzas 80p but had £1 coupon so got paid to take it away
    10 x pack of ham 40p each
    24 meatballs 80p
    ready meals (mac cheese, canneloni etc) 9p-20p
    bread 10p
    bagels 22p
    and loads more i can't remeber, but i came away with 4 bags stuffed full and my mum the same....plus we shared with a good 5 or 6 other people there was just so much. Didn't bother with fruit and veg as i grabbed a load on YS a few days ago (5kg pots 20p, broc 15p, apples 22p) and still have plenty i the fridge.

Most of the dates on these are actually the 10th so has 2 days on them from when i bought them-not sure why but i wasn't complaining. So happy to have replenished the freezer-was getting a little nervous as my stock were depleting quicker than i could fill them up.xx
  • chardonnay_2chardonnay_2 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    met my nemesis in asda tonight. it was the horrible woman who shoved me out of the road in tesco once. we got there as they were reducing stuff to 5p. this evil woman was already there and was helping herself to jumbo cheese and garlic baguette she'd got 3 and i put my hand on one for us when she put her hand on it. :eek:anyway i just took it and said thanks sarcastically, bloody greedy witch:rotfl:
    :love: married to the man of my dreams! 9-08-09:love:
  • calicocatcalicocat Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Chutzpah Haggler
    ✭✭✭✭
    chardonnay wrote: »
    met my nemesis in asda tonight. it was the horrible woman who shoved me out of the road in tesco once. we got there as they were reducing stuff to 5p. this evil woman was already there and was helping herself to jumbo cheese and garlic baguette she'd got 3 and i put my hand on one for us when she put her hand on it. :eek:anyway i just took it and said thanks sarcastically, bloody greedy witch:rotfl:

Lol,go in with war paint on next time.....or a hammer
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • money21money21 Forumite
    405 Posts
    yesterdays [email protected] tesco was
    small bag of spinach 26p
    2 bags 2.5kg maris pipers potatoes 57p
    small cabbage 25p
    falafels 70p
    mozzella and basil ready made sandwich 48p
  • kittywightkittywight Forumite
    590 Posts
    hello all

todays finds, emmenthal cheese £2.19 down to £1.05, i had 2 bags
    and hovis loaf 75p down from £1 and warburtons rolls 49p down from 95p,

not big reductions on my bread but they were needed anyways
    glad i found the nice cheese :)

need to get back into shopping for whoopsies

:)
  • someone is going to get a bargain in Asda in Pershore tonight - loads of YS stuff but not down to last reduction when I was there with DS and we couldn't wait until they were. Gutted.
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

NS&I to change Premium Bond prize rate

It will rise to 1.40% from June

MSE News

Compers of the MSE Forum:

Show us the prizes you've won recently

Join the MSE Forum discussion