Buying yellow sticker/reduced 2012 challenge

in Gone Off!
698 replies 88.4K views

Replies

• EmuchopsEmuchops Forumite
    794 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Dave went to Mozza's Monday night and got a pair of lamb shanks in tomato sauce for 99p-reduced from £7!!
    They were quite nice but not £7 nice, and they really were not that large. Great for 99p, but I wouldn't have been happy had I paid full price.
    He also got 2 more cabbages-15p each, bread-9p and yet more liver...
  • Not had any luck at all with bargain hunting just lately but I did get a dented tin of baked beans from Mr Sainsbury's last night for 25p. I don't get that — so many times I've picked a slightly dented can from the shelf and still had to pay full price, what was so special about this one?!
  • GarnetLadyGarnetLady Forumite
    946 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone :)

Dh and I went to Tesco's on Tuesday night and got a few bits reduced, 10p vanilla sponge pudding with choc sauce being the best.

Then we popped into Asda on the way past, thought we'd be too late, but the fruit and veg was just being reduced to 5p! Got 28 items for £1.40, should have been £30 full price. Included - stuffed mushrooms, sprouts, broccoli, carrot batons, charlotte potatoes, soup mixes, physalis, organic peppers, baby parsnips, baby courgettes etc. :T
    :heart: Mummy to an amazing little girl :heart:
  • LadyCouponLadyCoupon Forumite
    714 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭
    GarnetLady wrote: »
    Hey everyone :)

Dh and I went to Tesco's on Tuesday night and got a few bits reduced, 10p vanilla sponge pudding with choc sauce being the best.

Then we popped into Asda on the way past, thought we'd be too late, but the fruit and veg was just being reduced to 5p! Got 28 items for £1.40, should have been £30 full price. Included - stuffed mushrooms, sprouts, broccoli, carrot batons, charlotte potatoes, soup mixes, physalis, organic peppers, baby parsnips, baby courgettes etc. :T

Excellent - that's the way to do it! :T
  • matty17rmatty17r Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Don't go to sainsbury very often these days because I use too much fuel. However, mr s kindly sent me 6 weeks of £4 of £20 so was in the area last night and popped in. Hit the bakery reduced counter at just the right time and picked up lot of things for 29p - 39p. Also find their other reduced counter good (unlike mr. t) and picked up a 1kg sains cornflakes reduced from 1.89 to 1.35 with a dent in box. Few reduced bits on deli counter as well with 8oper cent off.
  • not mush in the way of yellow stickers this week although totally avoided Mr T and only popped into Mr A cos it is a new store and I wanted a nosy - only bought three packs sandwich beef reduced from £1.70 to 66p pack.. stuck with Lidl and a little bit of Aldi - oh and B&M today (always bargains).
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
  • I'm trying to give my MIL lessons in YS shopping as they're broke at the moment. I took her into Sainsbugs yesterday afternoon on our way back from a day out, we were too late for the fruit and veg (just in time to see it all in someone else's trolley) but she got quite a bit of meat and fish cheaply - so she was pleased. We'll try the bigger Sainsbugs I ussually use this afternoon and see what they have.
    I was off to conquer the world but I got distracted by something sparkly :D

• We never normally manage to get YS as people are always grabbing handfuls and they block the area with their trollies so for a long time I haven't bothered but tonight DD wanted to go Mr T's and I got 2 shoulders of lamb reduced - one was £10 down to £4 and the other was £9 down to £3.50 so quite pleased :j
  • Yesterday in sainsbugs they had chorizo and several salami's reduced on the deli counter but they're also 3 for 2. So I bought a whole chorizo but got them to cut it into two and weigh and price it seperately and then got another nearly half of another type, so got the cheapest piece free, but there were only a few pence difference. Worth doing:D
    I was off to conquer the world but I got distracted by something sparkly :D

• One of the Mr T's in my area is closed on Easter Sunday and they are open until 10pm on Saturday so I think I might pop in around 6/7 to see if they have any reduced items but I don't know if that's too late?

I went to the same store on Christmas Eve around 9/10 in the morning and I got pork shoulder joint, a whole chicken and some bits and bobs reduced by about 75% off but by the time I went again in the evening around 6, they had nothing reduced.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides