Buying yellow sticker/reduced 2012 challenge

Options

Comments

• jessc_2001
    jessc_2001 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    All for making this a sticker year - but guys, don't follow those with the 'reducing gun' around - it makes them v. nervous! :)
  • blackandwhitebunny
    Options
    I never follow the reducing staff around, I wander all over the place and make passes to see how they're doing.:D
    I have realised how well we are eating for very little lately. We only ever buy organic or free range chicken so last year we ate very little chicken. This year we've had more chicken than ever before but have paid a lot less for it. we've also had fillet steak rather than rump and a fair bit of parma ham instead of ordinary. Long live yellow stickers:D
    I was off to conquer the world but I got distracted by something sparkly :D

• rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    Options
    dismal last night in Morrisons - shelves full of stuff reduced by a few pence that no one was buying. Though I did get some braising steak that was the only stuff that was half price
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • lilylily56
    Options
    Hi, new to forum, I keep my receipts, and everyday total up my savings, be it yelow labels, bogof's or any offers, so far for January and February, I have managed to save £250, so I think I have done well, and will endeavour to make this year, a good saving year.
  • matty17r
    matty17r Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Managed to get a couple of nice yellow stickered non-perishable thingsin sainsburys on monday. 40 dishwasher basic tabs for £1.19 (less than 3p a tab) and dishwasher salt 3kg for £1.00. packets a little damaged - who cares!
  • GarnetLady
    GarnetLady Posts: 946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all. :wave:

Haven't been well, so not much ys hunting been going on here.

Managed to get Mr Kipling Jam tarts for 5p in Asda though and some reduced bread and DH got a few veggie bits reduced in Morrisons.

Went to M&S yesterday to spend the Living Social £15 voucher and although it was only lunchtime they had a few not bad reductions, bags of veg for 50p etc. Only problem was when we got to the till, the cashier looked at the voucher and obviously had no idea what to do with it. I told her it says it's valid in-store so she had to call a manager. Apparently it wouldn't work, only adding money onto it rather than redeeming, so the busy with other things manager said 'oh must be something wrong with it, you'll just have to email them' and walked off! So ended up having to pay for the stuff. I was not amused. Cashier vaguely apologised, but it wasn't good enough really. :(
    :heart: Mummy to an amazing little girl :heart:
  • eleanor73
    eleanor73 Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    GarnetLady wrote: »
    Hi all. :wave:

Haven't been well, so not much ys hunting been going on here.

Managed to get Mr Kipling Jam tarts for 5p in Asda though and some reduced bread and DH got a few veggie bits reduced in Morrisons.

Went to M&S yesterday to spend the Living Social £15 voucher and although it was only lunchtime they had a few not bad reductions, bags of veg for 50p etc. Only problem was when we got to the till, the cashier looked at the voucher and obviously had no idea what to do with it. I told her it says it's valid in-store so she had to call a manager. Apparently it wouldn't work, only adding money onto it rather than redeeming, so the busy with other things manager said 'oh must be something wrong with it, you'll just have to email them' and walked off! So ended up having to pay for the stuff. I was not amused. Cashier vaguely apologised, but it wasn't good enough really. :(

That's really bad service. You should complain. I've got that voucher so hope I don't get the same treatment!
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • JUDE
    JUDE Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thankfully we have had a new Sainsburys opened in feb, along with a big Co-op last year, so now Mr T has plenty of competition in our small city.
    have found many more yellow stickered items in T since their openings!
    you get the same people hovering over the poor stickerhanded collegue, grabbing stuff out of her hand before she even has a chance to put it down! but they never want fresh veg or fruit, only processed junk and cakes!
    got 5 bags of parsnips at 10p each, carrots at 8p, potatoes at 10p, 3 bags of herbs at 5p each, 4 punnets of plums at 10p each and 3 packs of broccolli at 5p each.......methinks a soupathon is in order this weekend;)
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    Have been struggling to get anything from morries as I have said before but yesterday struck gold:D

Got £76 worth of food for £15:D all sorts puff pastry cheese and onion slices for 25p instead of £1.40, cheese grated huge bag 65p instead of £3.00, loads of chicken fajita, tacos for aorund £1.15 each instead of £3/£4 gammon and chicken for £1.99 instead of £4/£4.99 and thel ist goes on, could hardly carry the 4 bags of stuff so well chuffed.

I will say you have to look closely though because there was a chicken on yellow sticker for £3.45 so thought I would get it but morries had half price chickens a bit further down and it worked out same weight in date for £2.45 only £1 but the same thing and theo ther was supposedly reduced:D so yes put the reduced one back:rotfl:

Everytime I see anything for 50p I get some like chopped tinned toms, or pot noodles or beans or soups so have a big stack of them.

It is really saving me a lot of money and I have made progress with the SA at morries, she did not want to talk, did not want to turn around and be sociable to anyone so I would just stand there and silently and patiently wait but now I have been killing her with kindness and she has had no alternative than to be polite and talk back so that is more pleasant to stand and wait now:D

I still prefer morries to Tesco them seem to be more aggresive and rude there and snatching, I don't like allthe snatching and rudeness, morries is more the elderly and me and so they all share and we talk about what is coming next and who wants it:D

Keep at it people because it does really save a lot of money, if it is not yellow stickered, half price or BOGOF or 342 I just walk straight past it now:D
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • katskorner
    katskorner Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    Options
    we used to get loads of bargains in asda after swimming lessons but since lessons are now earlier they don't reduce by the time I go in so bargains are less. Not going to hang around with tired kids for an hour to get cheaper stuff so just keeping an eye out elsewhere.
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport