Yodel

CynicalScotsman
CynicalScotsman Posts: 229 Forumite
First Post
edited 30 December 2011 at 1:09PM in Praise, vent & warnings
What a nightmare company! I will never every ever buy from a company who uses Yodel to deliver an item.

Apparently, from their Bellshill depot 'customer service desk' say drivers are not trained to ring doorbells - that is why my bell would not have been rung and a card simply put through the door.

Their lack of customer service is appalling, no-one at their head office has any idea of whats going on and in the four attempted calls to resolve the situation three of the calls were dropped while on hold.

This has to be the worst courier company I have came across and I would advise everyone to: Never use the company as a courier and/or never use a company who uses Yodel as the chances of you getting your parcel on time are slim to none.
⚠ 2014 - COUNTDOWN TO INDEPENDENCE ⚠

Comments

• Honeydog
    Honeydog Posts: 877 Forumite
    I think they are probably reasonably OK at normal times - just think they can't cope at Xmas. Notice I said reasonably.
    Don't grow up. Its a trap!

Peace, love and labradors!
  • ankspon
    ankspon Posts: 2,371 Forumite
    Same happened to me,same company.Don't try and ring them it costs you a fortune and gets you no answers.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,192 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Plenty of threads now running about this company using their various names- They are certainly a company I could not recommend .
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • CDC2011
    CDC2011 Posts: 66 Forumite
    I have to agree with their poor general service.

My husband and I missed a parcel on Christmas Eve from a friend in the Netherlands. We were both in, two cars obviously on the drive but neither of us heard a peep.

No problem, will just go online to arrange redelivery after Christmas. Nope, parcel tracking reference cannot be found, must ring the expensive 0871 number on the card.

Husband rings on Wednesday (thank you say no to 0870) and they can't find any trace of the parcel so they simply hang up on him. He then calls the local depot direct and the woman there is actually sort of helpful.

But she can't find it either and seems to think we've been carded in error as a house two doors down had a delivery on the same day.

Okay fine, friends parcel is obviously still on its way with another company. But no, I then find another Yodel card through the door on Thursday, again we had been in all day and had not even realised someone had been to the door.

Husband is able to use the online tracking this time but rings up to see if he can collect it from the depot instead. They can't tell him if the parcel will be back before they close at 6pm so he decided to go today to fetch it, not wanting to risk another missed delivery attempt.

He gets to the depot and spends an hour waiting whilst they try to find the parcel and continue to try and insist that they don't have one for him. When he wont give up, they then try to say it may have actually been sent out for delivery even though he asked to collect it.

They finally found it at the depot and we now have said parcel but will be avoiding Yodel like the plague.

The frustrating thing is, the friend sent it by TNT so not sure how Yodel ended up with it, unless they're connected in some way?
  • gitch01
    gitch01 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Yodel delivered to me today. I ordered from amazon yesterday a Kinect Sensor and game. I found out their branch is about 5 miles from where i live so they must have had one in stock.

However i wasn't in so the parcel was left on the doorstep. No delivery note attached or put through the door.

Now i'm happy that the thing arrived quickly but what idiot leaves a parcel
    on the door step.

Luckily i came home early as i had forgot something. if i had been out all day then parcel would have sat there waiting for some some eagle eyed passer by to be tempted. Also it lashed with rain all afternoon so it could have been left to get soaking wet.

i checked on their tracking site and it said LEFT ON DOORSTEP AS AUTHORISED. Thas a good one as i never would agree to that.

i've a good mind to leave it a week and ring up asking when my order will be delivered :p
  • gitch01 wrote: »
    Yodel delivered to me today. I ordered from amazon yesterday a Kinect Sensor and game. I found out their branch is about 5 miles from where i live so they must have had one in stock.

However i wasn't in so the parcel was left on the doorstep. No delivery note attached or put through the door.

Now i'm happy that the thing arrived quickly but what idiot leaves a parcel
    on the door step.

Luckily i came home early as i had forgot something. if i had been out all day then parcel would have sat there waiting for some some eagle eyed passer by to be tempted. Also it lashed with rain all afternoon so it could have been left to get soaking wet.

i checked on their tracking site and it said LEFT ON DOORSTEP AS AUTHORISED. Thas a good one as i never would agree to that.

i've a good mind to leave it a week and ring up asking when my order will be delivered :p

yeah go on i dare you:A
    just because you are paranoid doesnt mean to say they are not out to get you
  • Not liking where the parcel was left is no excuse to steal money from a company which is what it amounts to-I'm sure you meant it tongue in cheek though.

Those unable to track their parcel-this usally happens when the drivers HHT breaks down or if they didn't have one in the 1st place-sometimes there's not enough HHT's for all the drivers so the reference number on your outcard is useless.
    This is because the driver has to fill in details on the HHT of why your parcel was not delivered and the last thing they do is scan the barcode on the bottom of the outcard.This then assigns all that information along with geocoding and timestamping to the reference number.No scan-no info.
  • at 17:27 on Thursday I bought something with a 4 - 6 working day delivery, just after 10am this morning a Yodel driver was knocking on my door with it in his hand.

Not every delivery goes wrong.
  • at 17:27 on Thursday I bought something with a 4 - 6 working day delivery, just after 10am this morning a Yodel driver was knocking on my door with it in his hand.

Not every delivery goes wrong.

Just 95% that go wrong!

And its not just the fact that they have the odd delivery problem, it's the shocking customer service that's the major problem!
    ⚠ 2014 - COUNTDOWN TO INDEPENDENCE ⚠
  • Frugalista
    Frugalista Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    On Saturday morning, I heard our dogs barking and went outside to see a delivery van at the gate at the top of our field.

Went back inside, shouted OH who was upstairs - he came straight out and van was gone :(. He ran up the track - no sign of van but found a card in our postbox saying "We missed you today when we attempted to deliver":mad::mad::mad:. No attempt was made at all!!

Yes! You've guessed correctly - it was YODEL. Has anyone got the contact details (as opposed to the premium rate number on the card) please?
    "Men are generally more careful of the breed(ing) of their horses and dogs than of their children" - William Penn 1644-1718
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure