PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The_Dragon wrote: »
    YS meat stands for Yellow Stickered Meat (or fish or whatever!) basically off the reduced section and therefore :money:

Thanks Dragon. We buy practically all our meat as YS then. x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    B - spicy fruity porridge with the last drop of double cream. Disgusting! (Well what would you do, use it or chuck it?;))
    D - roast tatties, parsnip, onion, red pepper, pork rib. Steamed broad beans, runners, petits pois.
    T - 3 crackerbread spread with ff yogurt 1xvegemite, 1xvlf philly, 1xscrape marmalade
    S - melon, apple, satsuma, nana, the 2squares of chocolate I was going to have yesterday but forgot!

:)
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    Thanks Dragon. We buy practically all our meat as YS then. x

Same here! Off to do a food shop, then its bread making and soup making time.
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • Rossy2692
    Rossy2692 Posts: 592 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Made a smoothie for brekkie this morning, 4 strawberries, few blueberries, 2tbsp low fat vanilla yogurt and 200ml semi skimmed milk oh and a tablespoon of flax blended up was yummy!
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    3 glasses of wine last night so not too bad ;)

Plans for today

b - 1 crumpet & butter

l - roast pork, roast tatties & brocolli/carrots - will do loads of veg and just a couple of tatties so I dont get chance to over-indulge. And I will try to resist to fat-laden [STRIKE]gorgeous, golden crunchy [/STRIKE]crackling :p

d - soup and crackers

exercise - housework-free on sundays but will get off my butt and go for a walk !!

Have a good sunday everyone x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • jaxjax123
    jaxjax123 Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today looks like this for me:

B: 2 Boiled eggs and soldiers
    L: Kentucky Hot wings snack-box :/
    D: Shepherds pie (virtually no meat mostly mushrooms and veg)

E: already done 40 mins exercise bike and 15 mins boxing on the wii
    as I am having a Kentucky I'll be doing a bit more on the bike tonight I think.

Tomorrow will be the challenge, first day back at Uni and it's so easy to snack on the wrong things.
  • jaxjax123
    jaxjax123 Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    3 glasses of wine last night so not too bad ;)

Plans for today

b - 1 crumpet & butter

l - roast pork, roast tatties & brocolli/carrots - will do loads of veg and just a couple of tatties so I dont get chance to over-indulge. And I will try to resist to fat-laden [STRIKE]gorgeous, golden crunchy [/STRIKE]crackling :p

d - soup and crackers

exercise - housework-free on sundays but will get off my butt and go for a walk !!

Have a good sunday everyone x

I love the crackling to I could just eat that and nothing else. Hmmmmmmm lovely.
  • Rosetta92
    Rosetta92 Posts: 243 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello everyone :wave:

Another returner here. I lost 8lbs on the challenge in early 2012 and managed to keep it off. Back this year to do some more. Weigh in was 189lbs. Target is to lose 12lbs :eek: Was going to chicken out and do eight, but really need to sort out my health and this should help.
    missrlr wrote: »

Bit confused with the MFP way of calculating iron as apparently nuts don't have iron in them except ceiling various other sources they do! Wanted to track iron and sugar in particular as feeling quite tired thought its either too much sugar, too little iron or feasibly both. Anyone like to share to share any know how about iron and nuts?

Was debating whether to use MFP and didn't realise it tracks iron. Thanks, that's convinced me. Currently on meds for very low iron. Don't know about iron and nuts but if I find out I'll share.

Suffolkpumpkin - well done on the PhD. And now all that writing up time can be devoted to exercise and you'll meet your challenge target in no time :j

Good luck everyone:)

R
  • Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    Options
    Ended up weighing this morning (after my free day) and I'm still down .2 pounds! We had pizza for lunch, and will have it again for dinner tonight, but I'm limiting my portions. If my measuring is correct, I'll come in at 452 calories under my goal, which means I need to eat at least 1-200 calories more before bed. The husbands mudslide idea is looking tempting.

B - 2 buckwheat waffles with 1 tbsp orange blossom honey
    L - 1/2 gluten free pizza (needed to be eaten) with cheddar, tomato sauce, mushrooms, red chilli flake, oregano, and garlic granules with 1 hm hamburger bun toasted and made into garlic bread
    D - 2 small hm pizzas with cheese, mushrooms, red chilli flake, oregano, garlic granules, and possibly roasted garlic and roasted red onion slices

Possible after dinner treat - vanilla ice cream mixed with Baileys Irish cream and Kahlua.

Exercise - housework!
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • missrlr
    missrlr Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    Options
    I am either getting a rude awakening or MFP is a bit cockeyed with what's is what. If I eat 2 apples and a banana I have had too much sugar. "Food" for thought huh?
    Start info Dec11 :eek:
    H@lifax [STRIKE]£13813.45[/STRIKE] paid Sep14 paid 23 months early :T
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£206400[/STRIKE] :eek: £199750 Mortgage £112500
    B@rclays £[STRIKE]25000[/STRIKE] paid 4 years 5 months early. S@ntander £[STRIKE]9300[/STRIKE] paid 2 years 2 months early
    2013 8lb lost 2014 need to lose 14lb. Lost 4 so far!;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure