PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• harrybear_1988
    harrybear_1988 Posts: 47 Forumite
    edited 5 January 2013 at 8:31PM
    Options
    ellie99 wrote: »
    Hi Louise, I did think of this, but I'm scared that if I have a small bar it will give me the taste for it again and make me want more. Thought it might be easier to ignore it completely. Am hoping if I can do it for a year I'll lose any craving for it!
    I think I've heard the same kind of thing for smokers - just saying "I don't smoke". I'm going to say "oh, I don't eat chocolate".
    OK, I'm still trying to convince myself !!!

I'm much the same - total abstinence is the only way for me, but with pasties/sausage rolls etc. A 'taste' just does not cut it! If I'm desperate I'll save up some Kcals and eat two or three 'low fat' sausage rolls :o ok so yes more like three!!

Today was my 2nd day of the diet, done well again according to MFP!

B- Cinnamon grahams and skimmed milk
    L- Ham and salad sarnie with a smudge of mango chutney and a whole beetroot on the side
    D- HM Moroccon lamb couscous
    S- parma ham and melon, dried apricots, dried apple rings

MFP says still coming in under 1350 so that'l do for me!

Just made some chunky pots of SF blackcurrent jelly with mandarin pieces :p wonder if the OH will notice he is eating less than 60kcals...!!
  • MrsM1982
    MrsM1982 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Right I need to sort myself out!! My meals are good but mt snacking is BAD :mad:

I can't seem to stop eating biscuits and chocolate, doesn't help that there are loads in the house! I have stopped smoking for a week now so I suppose that isn't helping with the weight loss. I'm hoping ill be better next week when I'm back at work!

Good luck everyone x
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A bit late checking in as had an early start but mine for today -

B - spicy fruity porridge, sk milk
    L - small veg curry & couscous in a pudding bowl
    D - the other half of the above
    S - apple, melon, nana, grapes, satsuma, 2 squares chocolate
  • jaxjax123
    jaxjax123 Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been really busy today, I was shopping at 8am rather than logging my meals :/
    It's the last time I shop at that time, I thought it'd be quiet but obviously everyone thought that too! I'll stick to Mondays from now on.

So anyway enough of my waffling.

Todays food was
    B: 3 weetabix with s/s milk
    L: a ham salad sandwich, with loads of salad
    D: potato skins, chicken skewers and coleslaw.

and a little exercise with my son on the wii we had a little boxing competition

I too have to have all or nothing one small bar of chocolate just wont do for me. I'm like the Tasmanian devil with my favourite snacks.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Sneaks back... Ok so last year was a bit of a mess stress wise resulting in well let's just say starting weight 12 stone 8 1/2 pounds. Bah humbug. So first target is 9 pounds to get back under 12 stone. See you tomoz
    cutestkids wrote: »
    Hi can I please join this challenge I weighed myself yesterday just forgot to join

My starting weight 11st 2lbs
    Target for the next 12 weeks 10lbs loss

Good to see you DundeeDoll and cutestkids :D
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • harrybear_1988
    Options
    I'm much the same - total abstinence is the only way for me, but with pasties/sausage rolls etc. A 'taste' just does not cut it! If I'm desperate I'll save up some Kcals and eat two or three 'low fat' sausage rolls :o ok so yes more like three!!

Today was my 2nd day of the diet, done well again according to MFP!

B- Cinnamon grahams and skimmed milk
    L- Ham and salad sarnie with a smudge of mango chutney and a whole beetroot on the side
    D- HM Moroccon lamb couscous
    S- parma ham and melon, dried apricots, dried apple rings

MFP says still coming in under 1350 so that'l do for me!

Just made some chunky pots of SF blackcurrent jelly with mandarin pieces :p wonder if the OH will notice he is eating less than 60kcals...!!

Just read that back to myself.... it was all YS meat before anyone wonders :rotfl: I don't spend my evening gorging on lamb and parma ham usually!!
  • itsmecathy
    Options
    Kids are out at the panto, I'm watching White Christmas and finishing off some chocs. I'm nearly ready for the holidays to be over, if only I didn't have to go to work:(

Not quite ready to start the healthy eating (not following a diet as such) but my folks are visiting and we are having another Christmas dinner tomorrow. But I'm getting in the mood and have made 4 portions of leek, potato and mustard soup and 3 lots of vegetarian bolognese to stick in the freezer.

Will start properly on Monday. Will record meals here, no alcohol during the week (I work part time so this might be tuesday to Thursday).

What are people planning for exercise?
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi All
    Can I join (again!) please, will start monday as have people over today and tomorrow and back to work then, looking to loose 14lbs.
    Thanks x
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    Options
    I'm regretting making potato wedges tonight. Potatoes are one of my downfalls, plus I won't be able to weigh myself tomorrow, since I always retain loads of water whenever I eat potatoes.

The good thing is that I don't use oil on them and they are baked with a bit of creole spice, so they do make me drink loads more water than I normally would have.

Fish pie was wonderful as well, but next time I'll be using lots more veggies (followed a recipe this time).

Even though this was my 'free' day for the week, I am still 16 calories under my goal once exercise has been accounted for. :)
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    SIRENS wrote: »
    Hi All
    Can I join (again!) please, will start monday as have people over today and tomorrow and back to work then, looking to loose 14lbs.
    Thanks x

14 pounds added to the challenge list SIRENS :D
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport