PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• camNolliesMUMMY
    camNolliesMUMMY Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 5 January 2013 at 6:18PM
    Options
    Hiya!!!
    Yesterday not such a fantastic day but baby steps.....

B griddled bacon x2 sausages x1 half a tin of chopped toms and two slices of hm bread n marg
    L chicken soup and x1 slice of hm bread n marg
    D hm takeaway secrets chicken tikka masala n pilou rice
    S 4 squares of chocolate and two gasses of Malibu n coke an 1 Tia Mira n coke.

Today I've not really been hungry? Probably because of the lil shock weight gain? And I've been so busy getting ds1 ready for getting back to school on Monday, hair cut etc

I home make as much as I can but sometimes some prepared stuff can be cheaper such as cheese sauce in my pasta bake.

5"9 at 13st10 wanting to loose 8lbs to start with!
    Ds2 born 3/4/12 8lbs 8.5:j
    Ds1 born 28/4/07 9lb 8 :j
    Frugal, thrifty, tight mum & wife and proud of it lol
    :rotfl::j
    Make money for Xmas challenge 2014 £0/£270
  • missrlr
    missrlr Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    Options
    Ok the de-Christmasisation of the house resulted in 12 trips up and down stairs, I decided in for a penny in for a pound and RAN the lot as fast as I can. DH said I was bonkers, twice in fact.

Am I?
    Start info Dec11 :eek:
    H@lifax [STRIKE]£13813.45[/STRIKE] paid Sep14 paid 23 months early :T
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£206400[/STRIKE] :eek: £199750 Mortgage £112500
    B@rclays £[STRIKE]25000[/STRIKE] paid 4 years 5 months early. S@ntander £[STRIKE]9300[/STRIKE] paid 2 years 2 months early
    2013 8lb lost 2014 need to lose 14lb. Lost 4 so far!;)
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My starting weight is 12st 11.5lb and I want to lose 10lb initially but maybe a bit more if I'm still in the right frame of mind in 12 weeks. I'm 5' 10" so carry a bit of extra weight quite well, but my clothes feel tight! And my BMI is just nudging towards overweight!

I watched the last 2 Hairy Bikers programmes. Really enjoyed them and may look the others up on iplayer.

Have googled their curry recipe and may even get the cookery book. Their weight losses were great! Very inspiring!

Got the kids up early today (well 10am - that's early I can tell you) we have 4 kids between us ages 14, 13, 13 and 9 and getting everybody out is a mammoth task. We drove to a local resevoir and walked 3 miles - it was lovely. We did stop for hot chocolate and I had packed some choc biscuits for them and some snack a jacks for me!!! How good am I.:rotfl:But 6 hot drinks came to £15!!! Disgusting!

It was so good to get out. And i burned loads of calories so 2 bacardi & cokes for me later! Then shall be alcohol free till next weekend.

B- porridge
    L - bananna & 3 snack a jacks
    T - Spag Bol + 2 pieces of garlic bread

Louise
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    missrlr wrote: »
    Ok the de-Christmasisation of the house resulted in 12 trips up and down stairs, I decided in for a penny in for a pound and RAN the lot as fast as I can. DH said I was bonkers, twice in fact.

Am I?

Not at all, you seem totally sane to me :rotfl:

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • ellie99
    Options

Get this - the chocs were brought in by a guy in our office as Christmas leftovers - he said they had too much in their house and nobody wanted them.
    WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? AND WHY AM I NOT ONE OF THEM??

:rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I've decided 2013 will be the year of NO CHOCOLATE.

I'm an emotional eater, and if I'm bored, lonely, sad, think I deserve a treat etc etc etc, I buy a big bar of chocolate. I can manage several weeks without any, so this year I'm going to see if I can do a whole year (well, till xmas anyway).
    So on 2nd January I finished the big bar I had, on the basis of eating it all on one day and starting with a clean slate the next, you understand :) and that's it, no more chocolate bars or chocolate biscuits! Might allow the odd bit of cake though.
    Wish me luck!

(And Dragon - thanks for doing the list. Over 700 lbs, that's about 5 whole people!)

• Mrs_Veg_Plot
    Options
    B - small slice off bread and jam (both HM)
    D - Egg salad with 1 slice of bread
    T - Roast chicken dinner with roast spuds, stuffing and loads of veg
    S - small hand full of peanuts and 2 small chocolates.

I will be glad to get back to work on Monday. I always eat better and heathier at work.
    I am playing all of the right notes just not necessarily in the right order :D.
  • louby40
    Options
    ellie99 wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I've decided 2013 will be the year of NO CHOCOLATE.

I'm an emotional eater, and if I'm bored, lonely, sad, think I deserve a treat etc etc etc, I buy a big bar of chocolate. I can manage several weeks without any, so this year I'm going to see if I can do a whole year (well, till xmas anyway).
    So on 2nd January I finished the big bar I had, on the basis of eating it all on one day and starting with a clean slate the next, you understand :) and that's it, no more chocolate bars or chocolate biscuits! Might allow the odd bit of cake though.
    Wish me luck!

(And Dragon - thanks for doing the list. Over 700 lbs, that's about 5 whole people!)

Be careful denying yourself things - it only makes you crave it more.

Why not buy a small bar of chocolate once a week, count it into your daily food intake and then really savour it!

My OH is doing the dry January thing (no alcohol) but I just couldn't do it! But I allow myself 2 carefully measured Bacardi's over the weekend, otherwise I would be crawling the walls.

Alcohol and chocolate are my 2 biggest downfalls when it comes to weight loss

Louise
  • louby40
    Options

I will be glad to get back to work on Monday. I always eat better and heathier at work.

Oh me too! As long as I can resist the biscuits in the staffroom I usually eat really well.

I always take a cereal bar/banana to have at breaktime so I'm having something, otherwise I cave! Especially if there are chocolate hob nobs!

Louise
  • cutestkids
    cutestkids Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi can I please join this challenge I weighed myself yesterday just forgot to join

My starting weight 11st 2lbs
    Target for the next 12 weeks 10lbs loss
    1 Sealed Pot Challenge # 1480
    2 Stopped Smoking 28/08/2011
    3 Joined Payment A Day Challenge 3/12/2011
    4 One debt vs 100 days part 15 £579.62/ £579.62New challenge £155.73/£500
    5 Pay off as much as you can in 2013 challenge!£6609.20 / £7500
  • ellie99
    Options
    louby40 wrote: »
    Be careful denying yourself things - it only makes you crave it more.

Why not buy a small bar of chocolate once a week, count it into your daily food intake and then really savour it!

Louise

Hi Louise, I did think of this, but I'm scared that if I have a small bar it will give me the taste for it again and make me want more. Thought it might be easier to ignore it completely. Am hoping if I can do it for a year I'll lose any craving for it!
    I think I've heard the same kind of thing for smokers - just saying "I don't smoke". I'm going to say "oh, I don't eat chocolate".
    OK, I'm still trying to convince myself !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure