PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• debtfreeby2013
    Options
    Hey all,

Woohoo, so glad there's a thread here for this. Haha. I have finally convinced my OH that you can have nice food with less calories (actually the Hairy Dieters programme did it but it was a nice 'I told you so' moment. Lol).

I am on MFP, Rugbychick84 and would love some friends to help keep me on track etc. I have 3-4 stone to lose but am taking it one step t a time and concentrating more on upping exercise and tracking calories to start with. Weighed myself on the 3rd Jan and not going to weigh myself until 2nd Feb as I don't want to eat too hung up on it.

Would love some friends on MFP particularly if you're around 14 stone and looking to lose about 4.
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow this thread moves quickly.
    I was doing so well, Friday in the pub I had just three diet comes but then a friend came round and ended up playing monty python drinking games. Whoops!
    Luckily I managed to convince the boys to go to a club so got 2.5 hours of dancing in as damage limitation :0)

Just done the weekly shop: think my Sainsbury must have over ordered parsnips: they were bagging up 6 crates of parsnips and reducing them but they look like they are fresh today. Mahoosive bag for 15p (2.5kgs). This weeks meal plan is now parsnip orientated lol!

Hope all are doing well :-)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi. I've jointed MFP and added the App to my phone which is fab. Have put in my calories for today so far and understand that part of the app however am having problems adding my exercise. I did the Biggest Loser cardio workout with warm up and cool down before and after. How do I add this, anyone?

My meals for today have been/will be:-

b: New York Sesame bagel with 1tsp of Flora Proactive spread
    l: Half carton of New Covent Garden Pumpkin !!!!!ash soup, Panini made with 1.5tsp of Nando's Salsa, turkey, Florette mixed salad leaves, cherry tomatoes and red onion
    t: pork with red pepper/tomato sauce, jersey potatoes, broccoli and green beans.

I am starving now. Hopefully tea will be ready soon.

I'd love to add friends on MFP but again can't see how I do this! x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Mrs_Veg_Plot
    Options
    Maddywaddy what's spicy porridge?

B - Porridge with a teaspoon of malt extract and a teaspoon of hone
    D - 2 slices of ham 2 eggs and a very small portion of chips
    T - HM spicy pumpkin soup, 1 slice HM bead and a very small portion of fruit cobbler.

Back to work tomorrow so will be back to porridge for breakfast and HM soup and bread for lunch with fruit for snacks every day.
    I am playing all of the right notes just not necessarily in the right order :D.
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Back from the gym, managed to weigh myself and I was right, I actually weigh 12 stone 8 lbs. I'm still down 15lbs from the beginning of last year so can't complain too much!
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • missrlr
    missrlr Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    Options
    VALM click the exercise tab next to the food one at top of page same search principle applies for type or you can add your own.
    Start info Dec11 :eek:
    H@lifax [STRIKE]£13813.45[/STRIKE] paid Sep14 paid 23 months early :T
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£206400[/STRIKE] :eek: £199750 Mortgage £112500
    B@rclays £[STRIKE]25000[/STRIKE] paid 4 years 5 months early. S@ntander £[STRIKE]9300[/STRIKE] paid 2 years 2 months early
    2013 8lb lost 2014 need to lose 14lb. Lost 4 so far!;)
  • harrybear_1988
    Options
    Mrs_T_M wrote: »
    They are crispy enough for us, but more of a chewy texture on the outside and fluffy on the inside. We are using red potatoes at the moment (bought 15 kg at 11.6p/kg!). I slice the potatoes into 6 wedges (more if it's a giant potato), toss them into a bowl, sprinkle them with creole seasoning, dump onto a baking tray and bake at 200C for around 40 minutes to an hour. They start getting brown on top and slightly crispy. I don't turn mine over halfway through because, quite frankly, I'm typically busy with something else and I'm lazy, but you could if you wanted them browned on all sides.

I've also heard that if you soak them in water for about half an hour then drain and pat them dry before baking them they will be crisper. Don't quote me on that though, as I have yet to try it.

Ahh thank you for the wedge wisdom! I did try making extra crispy sweet potato wedges once because I love sweet pots but they don't half go mushy when wedged even with lots of oil.

So I followed this loooong recipe from a 'clean' eating forum - Soak the pots in water, coat in egg white, bake at suchandsuch temp for 30 mins, vent the steam frequently (who has time for this?!!), bake and suchandsuch temp for another hundred years.....etc etc.

Anyway I burned the bloody things in the end :rotfl: and that was the end of my venture into crispy healthy wedges!!
  • cutestkids
    cutestkids Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just catching up with the thread.

Meals for the day have been

B - Fruit salad and natural yogurt
    L - A wrap filled with tomato chutney and salad
    D - Lean roast pork, jacket potato and salad
    S - Satsuma, small fromage frais, handfull of blueberries

Might have a slice of toast for supper.

Exercise - Walking for 45 mins
    1 Sealed Pot Challenge # 1480
    2 Stopped Smoking 28/08/2011
    3 Joined Payment A Day Challenge 3/12/2011
    4 One debt vs 100 days part 15 £579.62/ £579.62New challenge £155.73/£500
    5 Pay off as much as you can in 2013 challenge!£6609.20 / £7500
  • missrlr
    missrlr Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    Options
    DH has just finished BY HIMSELF a whole baked Alaska !
    And I had started a cough and sneezing snuffle , brilliant
    Start info Dec11 :eek:
    H@lifax [STRIKE]£13813.45[/STRIKE] paid Sep14 paid 23 months early :T
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£206400[/STRIKE] :eek: £199750 Mortgage £112500
    B@rclays £[STRIKE]25000[/STRIKE] paid 4 years 5 months early. S@ntander £[STRIKE]9300[/STRIKE] paid 2 years 2 months early
    2013 8lb lost 2014 need to lose 14lb. Lost 4 so far!;)
  • camNolliesMUMMY
    Options
    Yesterday's food log.....
    B a huge coffee in my huge mug and three sweeteners, wasn't hungry at all and was too busy with the kids, by the time I was hungry it was 12pm
    L mcdouglas minestrone soup with a slice of bread, was really filling.
    D chicken tikka and tandoori kebabs in pittas and sauces from the recipe book....the takeaway secret served with plenty of crunchy salad was very filling and didn't feel guilty after eating it.
    Did have half a bottle of wine with dh as Saturday is date night and I cook a fa,era way to save on £'s and to see if I can ate them healthier by leaving things out and substituting ingredients.

I don't the yesterday was overly bad?
    Does anyone know if we weigh in on a certain day in he week or do we do it when we want?
    Ds2 born 3/4/12 8lbs 8.5:j
    Ds1 born 28/4/07 9lb 8 :j
    Frugal, thrifty, tight mum & wife and proud of it lol
    :rotfl::j
    Make money for Xmas challenge 2014 £0/£270
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts