PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Reporting that I have successfully avoided the local MacMillan coffee morning, source of cakes, puddings and all things nasty (for me) run by our local residents society.

Will have to make a donation online, but glad I did not fall into the trap this year - in past years I sat in this particular room in this particular community centre, stuffing my face, the stuff is usually delicious and baked by friends, so I have to sample it ALL - and ending up with the worst sugar high (and subsequent crash)!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 September 2012 at 8:40AM
    Options
    Old Style Weight Loss Autumn Challenge

The Dragon - 4/5lbs :):):):)
    Ragz - 0/10lbs
    Daisydaydream - 10/11lbs :):):):):):):):):):)
    Aldahbra - ? 22lbs
    Sparrer - 2/7lbs :):)
    Watermelon - 12/14lbs :):):):):):):):)
    Need2bthrifty - +3/5lbs
    Savesummore - 3/7lbs :):):)
    Sonastin - 2/4kg :):)
    EllaRose - 1/13lbs :)
    MsManx - 1/12lbs :)
    Rosewood - 11lbs
    Skintyetagain - 5/7lbs :):):):):)
    Welshwoofer - 14/10lbs :):):):):):):):):):D:):):):T
    Molly41 - 2/11lbs :):)
    MrsCD - 2/7lbs :):)
    Vixtress - 4/11lbs :):):):)
    Lavenderbees - 2/7lbs :):)
    Minicooper272 - 3/14lbs :):):)
    Slowlyfading - 2/15lbs :):)
    Amyloofoo - 1/8lbs :)
    Sock-knitter - +1/7lbs
    Nimbo - 2/14lbs :):)
    DundeeDoll - 4/7lbs :):):):)
    WantToBeSE - 2/6lbs :):)
    Sirens - /14lbs
    financially_gaga - 4/7lbs :):):):)
    Jammy Dodger - 8/5lbs :):):):):D:):):)
    Chelle - 5/7lbs :):):):):)
    LAM2011 - 6/10lbs :):):):):):)
    Cocalls - 1/7lbs :)
    Sezzagirl - 1/4lbs :)
    Nat21Luv - 10/14lbs :):):):):):):):):):)
    Jaxjax123 - 5/lbs :):):):):)

Huge well done to all the losers :T:T:T

The Dragon - the list is all yours, try not to spill too much catsup on it :)
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aldahbra - if you normally weigh yourself first thing and didn't weigh until lunchtime then you can take a few pounds off that. My weight goes up by the hour!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Hello All

Gosh, it's taken me over an hour to catch up.

Big thanx to Ragz from me too, for co-ordinating the last challenge and thanx to The Dragon for volunteering.

I'm aiming for 16lb loss for the Christmas challenge please, then i'll be able to say I'm 10 stone something. Going to have to get my act together to achieve it, so a big kick up the bum needed please Dragon.

Today:
    B: fruity porridge
    S: banana
    L: chicken sandwich, lf yoghurt
    S: nv bar
    D: was supposed to be hm pasta bake
    Ex: 5 miles of dog walking and 100+ times of walking up and down stairs!! Have been clearing out the loft today as fitting new insulation tomorrow.

So I am now knackered!!, so we are having fish and chips for tea instead, will do extra exercise tomorrow.

Congratulations to everybody for completing the challenge and hello to all the newbies.

Got you DaisyDayDream
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    CHALLENGE LIST

minicooper272 – 12
    Dragon – 4
    WelshWoofer – 5
    Molly41 – 14
    slowlyfading – 12
    Caterina – 11
    Sezzagirl – 7
    savesummore – 5
    LAM2011 – 12
    ragz – 7
    Need2bthrifty – 7
    daisiegg – 14
    lophelia – 14
    tumbletots – 14
    MrsCD – 7
    financially_gaga – 8
    jammy dodger – 5
    daska – 7
    Deleted_User – 11
    cocalls – 10
    jaxjax123 – 7
    Rose Wood – 7
    sparrer – 7
    Aldahbra – 24
    terrimolo – 24
    DaisyDayDream - 16
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Hi everyone I have STS this week making a total loss of 5lb which I am pleased with. I dont exercise much and have problems with [STRIKE]being lazy [/STRIKE] back pain

Thanks ragz for keeping us in check on the last challenge

Dragon am aiming for a 5 lb loss please on new challenge. Home made indian curry for tea then knuckle down to new challenge tomorrow

Well done to everyone who lost or sts on last challenge & good look to everyone starting the new challenge x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • jammy_dodger
    Options
    best of luck to everyone in the next weight loss challenge , I reckon it will be harder going for me as I edge to meet my target weight but am hopeful I'll get there
    My Dd returns to uni today ( and she is a wonderful baker ) so there will be less naughties in the house to tempt me ( thats the baking and not my DD ;) )
    have a super weekend whatever you are up to and I'll catch up on my return
    JD xx
  • WelshWoofer
    Options
    Am so annoyed - forgot to weigh this morning as I got up late:mad:
    I was hoping for another lb off as that would take me to a stone for the challenge in total (22lbs altogether). BUM! Will weigh tomorrow and let you know the damage - although I am going to have an indian tonight so it might not be good news!
  • Aldahbra
    Options
    ragz wrote: »
    Aldahbra - if you normally weigh yourself first thing and didn't weigh until lunchtime then you can take a few pounds off that. My weight goes up by the hour!

That is true, I think I usually put on about 2lb by the end of the day. Still it might be nearer a STS really I suppose.
    "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."
    ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
    Weight loss challenge:j: week 1 :(
    target 8lbs in 4 weeks
    Grocery Challenge June: £100/£500
    left to spend £400
    Declutter June: 0/100
    NSD 6 June/6 July: 0/2
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    edited 29 September 2012 at 6:33PM
    Options
    Evening All

Well I avoided temptation at the Macmillan coffee morning and just had a coffee. I had something for breakfast before I went and used the dental visit yesterday as an excuse. We were also on our way to exercise class so didn't want to eat too much anyhow.

DS and family got home from holiday this afternoon and came round for tea so have been having a lovely time hearing all about it.

B: Raspberries with Greek yoghurt
    L: Frittata with mushrooms, courgette, garlic, onions, butternut squash and cheese.
    D: Chicken thigh with cabbage and carrots. HM chocolate mousse

Exercise: 1 Stability Ball Class. About 1 mile of walking

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure