PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• jaxjax123
    jaxjax123 Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Morning

I have weighed myself this morning +1lb I have been so good this week. No snacks Weetabix for breakfast, banana for lunch and various healthy dinners.
    I thought my portion sizes were good but obviously not :( Plus a lot less exercise I started back at uni this week. I am going to have to try to balance it out somehow.
    So can I join the next challenge. I'd like to lose 7lb before Christmas.
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    edited 28 September 2012 at 7:44AM
    Options
    Morning All

I don't believe it! After a day of just milk and soup after my trip to the dentist yesterday I actually weigh 2lb more than the day before!! However, as today is official weigh in day I shall have to count it. So I have to announce an abject failure for the last challenge. I think I actually weigh more than I did when I started! So can you take away all my smiley faces please RAGZ - and thank you for running the challenge.

My new challenge DRAGON is 7lb which would take me to 8st 12lb as I am 9st 5lb today. I think I shall write it into my signature so I can't forget.

I am off to a Macmillan coffee morning where they are serving breakfast in half an hour - not really the best start, as I am trying to avoid carbohydrates, especially sugar and bread products.

Good luck everyone with the final weigh in.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • DaisyDayDream
    Options
    Morning all

Havn't posted all week so just a quick pop in to say hello, and report 9lb total loss for the challenge (was plus 1 this week).

Going to log in properly later and do the catch up etc.

D
    Success is a journey, not a destination
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rosewood - I think the two of us should be sacked from the team! I am officially ending the challenge at the same weight I started, so no smiliies for me either. Though I think yours must be dental related/fluid retention/blip as you have been doing so much better than me.
    I too am aiming for 7lbs this next challenge, shall we have a competition? ;)

Daska - you are more than welcome back :), there's a few of us attempting low carb here too (I have lost nothing at all since starting it but I think that's because I fall off the wagon every weekend!)
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :)

Reporting another STS to finishing this term's challenge ragz not too disappointed, and am aiming for a 7lb loss please Dragon, which will take me to target weight.

Thanks again to the amazing ragz, and good luck with your studies :)

B - F&F, sk milk
    D - chopped and fried (frylight) 1 sausage, 1 lean rasher, I mushroom, 1/2 red onion, into a wrap...as my neighbour said that's a fry up all wrapped up <groan>
    T - 1/2 avocado with prawns, 1/2 teasp mayo. Cup of green pea soup, 2 crackerbread 1xvegemite, 1xrf cheese & pickle
    S - satsuma, melon, pineapple, grapes, pear
    E - 1 hour gym. Gardening if it stays fine

It's starting out a beautiful day, hope the sun is shining for you too :)
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Had another bad day yesterday :( ended up basically eating a double dinner - ate my lunch/dinner at about 3 before going back to work for open evening, then got home at 9.30 absolutely ravenous OH was late back from work and had got food on the way home so his dinner that I'd left for him was sitting there and I kept picking at it :( taking yesterday's calories to 1449 - over my daily target of 1400.

This is particularly annoying as today I'm going out for a pub crawl and curry with workmates...so goodness knows how many calories I am going to consume!!! I know how to minimise the damage of curry (vegetable curry in a tomato based sauce, not creamy, and either rice OR bread, not both, and avoid loads of starters and sides) but not sure what's best to drink. And I do want to drink - I have been very good, going from having a glass of wine with dinner at least 4 days a week to only drinking two weekends a month. So I feel like I deserve to let my hair down and enjoy myself, but on the other hand, I am worried about the damage it will do.

Argh! How do the rest of you super losers manage occasions like this?
  • LAM2011
    LAM2011 Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Daisiegg - do you drink Vodka - Vodka and soda water? I have tried this instead of lager. I only eat Korma but dont have anything else - I just have the portion of Korma and boiled rice. mmm I am hungry now. enjoy your evening and do lots of exercise on sunday (leave tomorrow for recovery :D)

I have STS for the sake of the autumn challenge and had every intention of a good loss for next weeks first weigh in of new challenge but a good friend had a sad loss yesterday and we were delayed getting home and then both OH and I had a lager and I ate a packet of crisps waiting for supper to cook :o so going to try be very strict this weekend!
  • Well after one week of doing this and I have lost....0lbs.
    However I have gained....0lbs.

So this is another stagnant week for me (surprise). Will keep it up, I think I will stick to my target weight loss of 11lbs.
    But for this week alone I will go for a target weight loss of 2lbs, as I am going to be more active so hopefully this will see some weight coming off. :)

In a side note, what is this STS people keep putting in their posts? :)
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning,

Still sniffly but feeling a bit better, I have the feeling that the sniffles, apart from being a bona-fide virus (obviously) have been precipitated by my carb avoidance for the last few days. It seems to be a common thing to feel unwell when doing what I know as the "carb cleanse" meaning getting rid of the sugary and refined carb habit. Ah well if this is the reason I am well pleased. Already feeling less wide in the stomach, incredible how the bloat disappears for me after only a few careful days!

Not being very strict though because as a vegetarian (well, almost) I would have a hard time, so am still including tiny amounts of pulses and berries.

Last night as a bedtime snack I had a bit of yogurt with a few raspberries and did the same today at breakfast.

Food plan today:

B: scrambled egg, small piece smoked salmon, yogurt with raspberries and nuts, vitamins
    L: vegetable and borlotti bean soup, piece of cheese with celery sticks
    D: fish in tomato sauce, steamed kale, yogurt
    S: nuts, peanut butter
    E: will have to wait until I feel better

Have a good day all.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Need2bthrifty
    Options
    Morning All,

Ragz & Rosewood I’m in the same boat as you ending this challenge at +3lbs, dismal failure, but it leaves me a nice round ½ stone to lose on the next challenge and get me to my target weight of 9½ stone, hopefully.

“Rant Alert”……..Aaaaaaaaargh :mad:, the garage has let me down big time. After having my car for 3 days and trying to fit cheaper parts - they have finally decided to order ford spares for a ford car, I find it unbelievable that a garage that has been a ford dealer/service centre for more years than I care to remember has not realised this before!! – if I were lucky enough to have an independent garage close by guess where I would have gone!! Anyway the bonus – I’ve been walking more.

Rant over….sorry for off-loading but I am not a happy bunny and won’t be until I get the phone call to say the car is ready.

Hope you all have a better day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family