PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    edited 21 July 2012 at 3:31PM
    Options
    Afternoon All

It's lovely weather here and our village is heaving with visitors for a special themed weekend. I am expecting to be very busy at work tonight and DS has already asked me to start half an hour earlier than normal. It's a late finish too so I shall be tired by the end of it.

B: Muesli with cherry and berry mix added. (I decided to relax the low carb for today as I got very heavy legs on my long run on Monday)
    L: Double egg and a handful of chips (we ate out at the local cafe but I gave most of my chips to DH). We then stopped off on our walk home and had coffees. I had my usual iced frappe.
    T: Pack up for work). Prawn salad as yesterday. Small pot of HM chocolate mousse.

Exercise: 5 mile walk plus 2 'hill runs' of about quarter of a mile each to develop stamina. Walk to cafe and to work later so another couple of miles.

I too love the low carb approach Ragz. Like you, I don't feel hungry and find the way of eating really suits what I like to eat too - although today is a bit of an aberration to normal and not really low carb. I don't miss eating fruit as much as I'd have thought and have really increased the number and amount of vegetables I have. I've never been a big pasta or rice eater and find it easy to skip the potatoes - apart from egg and chips!! I've cut out sugar and sweeteners and am now not drinking even the low calorie squash I used to, just water and a few small coffees with cream each day. I love cooking with butter anyhow and like creamy sauces. I lost 2lbs this week eating that way and I am down near my ideal weight when it gets harder to lose anyhow. I am quite happy to regard it as the way I shall eat for the forseeable future and I haven't felt I've been on a diet at all since I started low carbing about 3-4 weeks ago. I don't count carbs at all and am not really rigid about it, just try not to eat anything high carb.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone.
    Yes please, i would love to join the challenge :) Do i need to say how much loss i am aiming for? To be honest, anything is a bonus!

The sun is lovely here, have strimmed my front garden (a bit of exercise!)and will do trying my tae bo video later!

Hi WTBSE, it helps if you set yourself a target, even just a small one to aim for, and every time you lose a lb you get a smiley face on Fridays :). Sometimes if peeps aim too high they struggle and lose heart so it's best to be sensible, then you can have another mini goal for the next challenge and so on. For instance I set myself 7/8lb each time, I find that just about do-able.

I think the whole world and his brother has been out in the sunshine today! :)
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 21 July 2012 at 8:44PM
    Options
    Hi
    Could i please join this thread, i have loads to loose but would settle for 1 stone in the next 10 weeks ( in fact i would be delighted as i've manged a big fat zero so far!)
    Have tried following ww and sw but keep rolling off the wagon so am just going to try and be sensible, hopefully if the sun keeps shining and the kids are off i can try more exercise.
    Thanks x
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,623 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi WantToBeSE and SIRENS :wave: Good luck to you both

Ragz I think you may have missed my post on friday :o my loss was 2lb last week

Managed to stick to plan today. We had hot and spicy pork with wedges and salad for tea as it was such a warm day didnt fancy a big dinner.

I managed an hours walk today, but my legs and glutes are aching now :o Also did some gardening and ironing. Didnt get round to hoovering so will do that tomorrow.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks sparrer for explaining the challenge- my aim will be to lose 6lbs!

We are off out for the day tomorrow, to an adventure park, so will be walking around quite a bit, and i have packed a pack lunch so that i am not tempted to get anything like a pasty etc.
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning, Everyone

Had a lovely day yesterday but got back home absolutely ravenous and ate 2 x wm pitta breads with humous before I had a double portion of pasta (and extra cheese grated on). Oh, and a glass of chianti (very nice but :o). I did do a fair amount of walking in the sunshine yesterday, but mostly got a numb bum sitting watching the concert :p. It was fab! :T

Today, I'm off to clean out and weigh some hedgehogs at the rescue centre, so have just had the last hot cross bun for brekkie. When I get back, I intend to have bacon & egg in fresh hm wm bread (Yum!) before getting on with some chopping back in the garden.

Tonight, well I need to use up some bits from the fridge, so I think it will be cross between a greek salad and a ploughman's lunch.

Hmmm....not exactly low calorie, but all food that needs using up before I can go shopping at the end of the week.

Well, I'd better get my scruffiest scruffs on...have you any idea how much hedgehogs wee & poo? :rotfl:

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

LB xx
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SIRENS wrote: »
    Hi
    Could i please join this thread, i have loads to loose but would settle for 1 stone in the next 10 weeks ( in fact i would be delighted as i've manged a big fat zero so far!)
    Have tried following ww and sw but keep rolling off the wagon so am just going to try and be sensible, hopefully if the sun keeps shining and the kids are off i can try more exercise.
    Thanks x

Hi and welcome :hello:

The more the merrier :D We have all fallen off the diet wagon and some point so your in good company

Well, I'd better get my scruffiest scruffs on...have you any idea how much hedgehogs wee & poo? :rotfl:

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

LB xx

I was thinking how cute that would be helping the hedgehogs until I read this last line :rotfl::rotfl:Oh well I guess if your hand are covered in hedgehog poop your less likely to eat :rotfl:

Me and OH are just about to eat breakfast and then go for a walk as the weather is lovely :T and then after we are going to tackle the jungle aka the garden :eek:

Have a good day all :)
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Morning all, lovely sunny sunday here in the south :)

Plans for today

B - weetbics
    L - HM chilli burger, small portion mince found lurking in freezer, serve with last of salad - lettuce, cucumber & onion and natural yoghurt dip
    D - something with chicken.
    Cupboards are bare, shopping day tomorrow. Have 2 small chicken breasts, 2 large potatoes left, carrots & cabbage but if too hot for a "roast" may make a tandoori marinade from natural yog leftover & spices in cupboard. Have 5 mushrooms an onion & half a yellow pepper so maybe tandoori chicken skewers with hm potato wedges.
    snacks - tinned pineapple, apple.

Exercise - just off to local car boot, half hour walk there & potter round & half hour walk back

Have a good sunday x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    (Well I've been really well behaved diet and exercise-wise; until yesterday that is :eek: We went to friend's wedding (lots of food and a couple of glasses of wine), then went out afterwards for drinkies (so that'll be 3 vodka and diet cokes :eek:). I dread to think what all that sugar has done to me, and I feel sooooo rough today so no chance of exercising it off. I'm also not keeping anything down (sorry if TMI) which you'd think would probably be good weight-loss wise, but just means that I feel awful, lack the motivation to cook anything healthy so will probably end up having some sort of takeaway later :eek:

I know it's self-inflicted so I don't deserve sympathy, but I want it anyway! :rotfl:
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    amyloofoo wrote: »
    (Well I've been really well behaved diet and exercise-wise; until yesterday that is :eek: We went to friend's wedding (lots of food and a couple of glasses of wine), then went out afterwards for drinkies (so that'll be 3 vodka and diet cokes :eek:). I dread to think what all that sugar has done to me, and I feel sooooo rough today so no chance of exercising it off. I'm also not keeping anything down (sorry if TMI) which you'd think would probably be good weight-loss wise, but just means that I feel awful, lack the motivation to cook anything healthy so will probably end up having some sort of takeaway later :eek:

I know it's self-inflicted so I don't deserve sympathy, but I want it anyway! :rotfl:

Ah bless...here's some sympathy :( Hope you feel better soon

LB xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family