PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    Aldahbra wrote: »
    Hello all

I have lost 2lb this week, I thought it might be more as I still can't have solid foods. But...

According to the wii fit I am no longer obese, only overweight. I am delighted.

Well done -what great progress :T
    nimbo wrote: »
    Hi all,

i will endeavour to catch up on the thread this week - but I would love to join in with the Autumn challenge - I'd like to loose 1 stone please.

So not off to a bad start....

Hi and welcome :D

MrsCD- thanks for the link ill have a look at that too

Well done everyone!!

Ive done 40 lengths of the pool tonight so :T but i want to try and get to 63 lengths each time as this is a mile in the pool i go to
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rose_Wood wrote: »
    Recipe for Dark Chocolate Mousse (Low Carb)

1 large bar of dark chocolate (I used Lidl's 74% Cocoa Solids)
    1 pot of double cream (300 ml)
    1 egg
    Knob of butter
    Small spoonful of instant coffee (I use Gold Blend)

Heat cream till nearly boiling. Stir in coffee, butter and chocolate (broken into pieces). When all chocolate is melted and cream is cooler, whisk in egg. Refrigerate and then eat - you only need a tiny helping to be satisfying so it lasts ages and gets more solid the longer you leave it.

5675281.jpg

Here you are RAGZ I made some more of this earlier today and I made 9 tiny portions, so not too calorific at all I don't think, although as I am trying to cut carbs I don't tend to count calories at the moment. I find I eat less if I make it in separate tiny containers than if I make one big bowlful and take a portion out. You can guess how I know!

Rose

OK, I am halfway through making these, currently have a large panful of thick chocolatey creamyness and have had to leave the kitchen as the temptation to stand there 'tasting' it was too strong. I may have used too much chocolate (125g of 80%) it looks incredibly thick.
    Tastes amazing though (not sweet just very rich!)
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I feel sick...
    Definitely used too much chocolate, definitely 'tasted' too much. Cup of tea will fix that though!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    edited 20 July 2012 at 8:35PM
    Options
    Going home to my parents tomorrow until Monday and to be honest I'm dreading the food etc. Mum is a feeder - not happy unless she's dishing something up - and it gets worse as they're in the middle of having their kitchen refurbished and at the moment there just isn't a kitchen (until Tuesday):eek:
    I know we're going out for Sunday lunch and that there may be a cinema and food court visit tomorrow - help!

I've decided to take my running and swimming things with me to try to escape for an hour and undo some of the damage but I won't have access to the internet and will have to guess cals etc. Hope I don't undo all of the hard work I've put in:(

Does anyone have any suggestions for eating out for a dieting veggie?
  • DaisyDayDream
    Options
    Hello All

Welcome to the newbies and congrats to all the losers.:T:T:T

I can report a 2lb loss this week, was so shocked I weighed myself twice.:rotfl:

Today:
    B:all bran, kiwi, strawberries
    L: hm cottage pie with brocolli, cabbage
    D: tuna salad sandwich, lf yoghurt
    S: 1/2 nature valley bar.
    Exercise: was so nice with sun shining that I did a 30min walk. Don' tusually after a long day at work but it was soo nice and sunny I just had to.

Havn't had a lot to eat today, so going to go and treat myself with a healthyish snack whilst I sofa surf with a coffee.

D
    Success is a journey, not a destination
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I managed to cling onto my 3lb loss through to this morning, but I'm sure my antics of the last few days will catch up with me soon.

B: cereal with yoghurt
    L: more bloomin' sandwiches (at least they had cucumber on them) and a bag of snack a jacks (not crisps!!!) and a banana
    D: sausages with dry fried potatoes and onions and roast veggies
    S: small bowl of ice cream, 3 krisprolls with cheese, 1 chocolate truffle
    E: Got back to the gym today for zumba, good to get some exercise again!

Tomorrow I'm back to being in control of what I eat, so I shall stop thinking along those bad lines of 'I've already been bad, a little more bad stuff wont hurt me'.
  • DaisyDayDream
    Options
    Morning all

Its another bright sunny day today, second in a row, does that mean the summer has started?

Welshwoofer, I'm not vegetarian so not sure if my suggestions are ok or if you get a huge choice of vegetarian options when out eating. The pub/ restaurants here tend to base them around pasta or loads of cheese.
    Could you have a starter of veg soup or salad to start that would fill you up, so you ate less of a main course.
    Could you get a side portion of veg or salad with your main.
    What about pasta with a tomato based source and you ate less pasta, or a risotto ( do they make them without cream?)

Which ever way you manage hope you have a fab weekend.

For me today:
    B: usual all bran, kiwi, strawberries
    L: jacket potato, tuna, salad
    D: hm lasagne and veg
    S: fruit, possibly a nature valley bar

Not sure about exercise, off to work now, will see when I get home at 8ish tonight.

Hope everyone has a fab day in the sun

D
    Success is a journey, not a destination
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Some fab losses yesterday, well done to us all.

Gorgeous, beautiful, sunny morning here :j, and it's the first day of my week off :beer:....could I....?.... is it possible....?.....have I hit it reasonably lucky with my random week off?? :T

Yesterday was my 4th good as gold day in a row (with the addition of a treat whisky & coke to celebrate). A friend was at mine last night to watch a film and kept moaning about the lack of treats...tough! :rotfl:

Todays plan is a bit strange as I'm out and about at the hairdressers and then straight onto the freebie Americana concert at the Sage in the quayside in Newcastle. So, I've taken easy finger food out of the freezer for a tiny (but probably quite highly calorific :o) picnic. I did want to make a sandwich, but the buns all turned stale as soon as they defrosted, so the birds enjoyed those.

So...

Brekkie - hm muesli & hot cross bun (can you tell I'm in the depths of the freezer?:rotfl: )
    Lunch - a tiny pork pie (which I've noticed says "do not freeze"...hmmmm....), a quarter hm onion quiche, and a packet of crisps
    Dinner - pasta (again out of the freezer)

Hope you all have a lovely gorgeous sunny day, too. Have fun!!

LB xx
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 July 2012 at 10:23AM
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope those who lost this week didnt all celebrate last night by blowing the diet :D

I am still trying this week to stick to a balanced diet, 3 meals a day and try and include a small portion of complex carb, small portion protein, 5-a-day fruit and veg, skimmed milk and yoghurt for me bones, with only fruit and veg as snacks in between meals. I do love chocolate but am managing to stay away due to my diabetes and can honestly say am lucky that I have not missed it so far. But the one thing I am craving is CHIPS !!! Big fat greasy chip shop chips :o How weird...

Plans for today as the sun is shining :)

B - weetbix & skimmed milk
    L - bacon salad with jacket potato. glass sk milk
    D - pork steak either hot & spicy with wedges and salad, or in mustard sauce (Lf creme fresh (sp?) & whole grain mustard) with smashed potatoes (skins on, no butter just a dollop of creme fresh) cabbage & carrots. Lf rhubarb yoghurt for pud
    snacks - satsumas, apple

exercise

Hurrah its sunny !!! Have a mountain of washing, towels are just finishing so next lot will be on shortly. I want to hoover whole house today, and do some gardening. Feel energetic today, so will go for a walk hopefully about an hour as long as it doesnt get too hot (wishful thinking ?)

Have a good day x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi.
    Can i please join this thread? I am aiming to lose 1st as i have recently put on a few stone and i want to shift it.
    I am not going on any certain diet, just cutting out a few things, cutting down on a few things, and increasing the exercise i get.

Starting weight- 12st 2lbs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport