PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seanymph - well done :T
    Rosewood - thank you , they look lovely. Now can I have just one? We shall see, off to buy the ingredients in the morning, we shall see how many I have eaten by this time tomorrow!
    Sparrer - I probably shouldn't tell you I bought a 150g block of cheese earlier and ate 1/3 of it in the car after shopping! I hadn't had breakfast and it was the only thing in Family Bargains that I could eat at the moment (I am low carb not low fat so cheese is on the menu a LOT). Just had feta and sundried tomatoes as the kids were having a few sweets. I did have a couple of jelly beans but managed to stop at that.

I really hope tomorrow's WI reflects this morning's - it's looking promising and would be a great start. I still have a few pounds to go until I am actually losing weight I haven't put back on though!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • EllaRose
    EllaRose Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats, Seanymph :T:T:T

Weigh in tomorrow, eeek
    :)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done Seanymph
    smiliewave.gif

You must have done better than you thought in the interview
    Have stuck to plan today, and have done 2 hours gardening, digging, weeding, chopping and mowing. Garden looks less like a jungle now.
    Am off for a walk.gifin a minute as its a sunny evening.

see you all for the goodscales.gif tomorrow
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ragz wrote: »
    ARGHHH the sugar found me! I was doing SO well yesterday, then MIL gave me some of her birthday cake and as I didn't have any at the party I thought I was kind of 'owed' it, so I ate it. THen had a mjaor sugar binge and ate chocolate, sweets and more cake. It's like I was possessed. I need to learn more self control or not eat ANY treats at all.
    One step forward, two steps back!
    Bu**er!

Doesn't say much for me that I saw this and thought Bu**er meant Butter! My diet is screwed!!! The sugar found me there too!

Back from 2 day training course - Lunch provided was rubbish, a sandwich and handful of crisps, not even any fruit, and we had to pester them to get some water brought out. 3 course dinner was ok, but a lot of us were complaining that there were just no 'diet' options - all creamy sauces, cheeses, and bad deserts - but some free wine!

My diet was screwed so I thought I'd have a fried breakfast today, but at least for lunch they brought out the fruit basket! Then I came home and got some healthy LO adzuki bean and veg bake.

My plans to cut out alcohol and bad fats and minimise my sugar to a few pieces of chocolate (a.k.a. 'detox') have really gone out the window after these 2 days, I have a team meeting tomorrow with buffet lunch, and then I think I'll have one last glass of wine before dialling it right back again. My 2 days of detox on Mon/Tue took away 3lbs, but I fear these last 2 days have added that right back on again. I will see tomorrow I guess!
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Evening All

I'm at DGD's house babysitting at the moment so sitting down for the first time since this morning. I had a walk this morning, then a quick cooking session, then a friend arrived to go swimming. After swimming we shared a late lunch and DGD arrived before friend left. DH is away tonight so I shall be going home to an empty house.

B: Milky coffee
    L: Baked aubergine with salad. DH did a quick photo for me before he left but before the salad etc was made, so not quite as 'pretty' as it looked when it was served. HM Chocolate mousse.

5676229.jpg

The aubergine was stuffed with mushrooms, onion, garlic, mixed seeds and red pesto and topped with cheese. The salad was HG rocket, spinach and beetroot leaves, with cucumber, cherry tomatoes and carrot with a sweet red pepper balsamic dressing.
    D: 2 hardboiled eggs chopped with butter, salt and pepper. Raspberries with Greek yoghurt.

Exercise: 5 mile walk. 40 lengths of the swimming pool. Dancing to Wheels on the Bus (again!).

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 19 July 2012 at 8:29PM
    Options
    ragz wrote: »
    Sparrer - I probably shouldn't tell you I bought a 150g block of cheese earlier and ate 1/3 of it in the car after shopping! I hadn't had breakfast and it was the only thing in Family Bargains that I could eat at the moment (I am low carb not low fat so cheese is on the menu a LOT). Just had feta and sundried tomatoes as the kids were having a few sweets. I did have a couple of jelly beans but managed to stop at that.

I'm :cry: at the thought of the 2/3 you didn't eat, I would have helped you! I seriously considered a low carb eating plan but it means giving up most of the fruit I love, which would be just too difficult. Luckily the low fat one seems to be working, even if I've had to cut right back on some things it's not been too hard-going.

Now off to run up and down the stairs to work off the Rocky biscuit my neighbour gave me with a cuppa this afternoon :o

eta Congratulations Seanymph!!!!!
  • angelsmomma
    angelsmomma Posts: 1,192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone:hello:
    I have not posted since 21st June as I lost my way a bit :o

The good news is that despite not eating right I have managed to keep off the weight I lost in the summer challenge which is a nothing short of amazing.

I am now ready to take up the challenge again and want to aim for 8 lbs in the Autumn challenge. I want to lose more but don't want to demotivate myself if I aim too high like last time.

Onward and upwards with new faith.
    Life is not the way it’s supposed to be. It’s the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    Seanymph wrote: »
    Completely not weight loss - but thankyou for all the good wishes for the job interview last Sunday - I've only gone and landed the job!

WHAYAYAYAYAY!

It must certainly be down to your positivity because I really fouled up the interview, so thankyou very very much.

I've just eaten a bag of crisps to celebrate :)

:j:beer::j Well done!! Go you :D
    Well done Seanymph
    smiliewave.gif

How did you know what we all look like? :rotfl:

Im at my friends babysitting- thankfully the baby is asleep. She is really good I alway get scared that she will forget who I am and cry when her mom goes out but she has been fine, playing, eating her tea and feeding me grapes!! At least they are healthy :p

My friend left me wine and chocs but i have just had a glass of water and a cup of tea :A
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • DaisyDayDream
    Options
    Hello all

Just popping in for a quick hello, has been a busy, busy day.

Congratulations seanymph, :T

Rosewood, thanks for the recipe will be trying that next week on my days off.

Today:
    B: all bran, kiwi, pineapple
    L: egg salad roll, lf yoghurt, apple
    D: hm lasagne & salad
    S: nana, digestive biscuit

Only managed the dog walking today, 90 mins in total.

Will do a quick post tomorrow with my weigh-in, but don't think I'll get a chance to post until Monday as have 3x 12 hour shifts over the next couple of days. Will try to log in to read even if its just on my i phone.

So have a good weekend everyone.
    D
    Success is a journey, not a destination
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 July 2012 at 9:45PM
    Options
    may i please join in?

i haven't had the chance to read the whole thread - but have read this page so well done on the job SeanyMPH

and i have an aim of 1 stone in the next 2 months. (i really need to stop eating chocolate and sweets tbh i can't afford them anyway).

in fact 14 lbs in 9 weeks - which is sooooo completely doable - if i cut out chcccies, and crisps.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport