PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Evening All,

Quite a late posting from me today as I've been out for my usual evening walk and then caught up on the last episode of 'The Men Who Made Us Fat' on iPlayer.

B: Omelette filled with left over roast butternut squash, crispy onions and cheese.
    L: Stir fry with prawns, mushrooms, peppers, carrots, swede, garlic and onions. HM chocolate mousse.

5648841.jpg

D: Cauliflower cheese topped with mixed seeds and more cheese. Raspberries and Greek yoghurt.

5648842.jpg

Snack: Iced coffee after exercise class.

Exercise: 1 hours Pilates class. 6 miles walking.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    :T Rose Wood, I want to come and live with you. Your meals are always so beautifully presented and look delicious :T

Well, yesterday was another good as gold day, though I almost had a major blip, but pulled back from disaster just in time. I'd walked over to Mr A's at lunchtime to get some teabags, and slipped some chocolate into my basket :mad:. Got to the checkout and handed the chocolate to the assistant, and said "I don't need this, thanks". Phew! :eek:

So, today then...still working through the freezer...

Brekkie - hm muesli
    Lunch - hm pizza x 2 slices
    Dinner - looks like macaroni cheese

NO SNACKS!! :rotfl:

Have a lovely Wednesday....we're nearly on the downward slide to Friday, and I'm off work next week :T:):p:j:beer:

LB xx
  • vixtress
    vixtress Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all. :D
    Well a sneaky per WI weigh looks promising so fingers crossed, I feel as though I have to be more committed now I have posted on he again.
    Plan for today is
    Porridge with strawberries and blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
    Wm wrap with chicken and salad I think
    Chicken fajita with lots of veg.
    Snacks will be fresh cherries :D

Enjoy your day, we're over the Wednesday hump! It's downhill to Friday :j
    - prior planning prevents poor performance!

May Grocery challenge £150 136/150
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ARGHHH the sugar found me! I was doing SO well yesterday, then MIL gave me some of her birthday cake and as I didn't have any at the party I thought I was kind of 'owed' it, so I ate it. THen had a mjaor sugar binge and ate chocolate, sweets and more cake. It's like I was possessed. I need to learn more self control or not eat ANY treats at all.
    One step forward, two steps back!
    Bu**er!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :)
    We're off camping tomorrow night, so will be hectic tonight getting all the stuff down from the loft and getting packed etc. We're going with friends who don't have much equipment so will need to make sure we take all the essentials (mostly stove, kettle, tea, mugs, I'm seriously unpleasant in the morning without my tea!!) Will post my meals tomorrow, but then I won't be on again til Tuesday :) Will try not to eat too much ice cream and fish and chips, but we *are* going to the beach ;):cool:

Today:
    Breakfast: fruit juice, nectarine, babybel, yoghurt
    Lunch: sandwich from canteen, wotsits, apple, plums
    Snack: granola bar, nectarine
    Dinner: grilled beefburger, new pots sauted in a smidge of oil, beans

Exercise: pilates, loft clambering!

Ragz, try not to beat yourself up too much, we all slip now and then :o onwards and upwards! (except the scales!)
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Hope the weight loss is going well. I have to stop cheekily weighing myself each morning... it's really silly and inaccurate but I can't help it!

Today's plan is:

B - Granola with berries and LF yoghurt
    L - Light Philly on HM bread with grapes for dessert
    D - Roasted rainbow trout with mediterranean veg

There will probably also be a glass of wine or two as we have friends over later :eek: but I'll try to get in 2 sessions of exercise (I'm thinking zumba and yoga) today to compensate!
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All,

After just two dry days it’s chucking it down again :(. Just done my Shred session and now that I’ve cooled down I’m off to do some heavy duty housework – got visitors coming again at the weekend so need to make sure I lose at least 1lb by Friday as no doubt I will put it back on over the weekend.

I have booked a table at a fine dining restaurant for a pre-theatre dinner and because I haven’t been out for a “fancy” meal for ages there is no way I’m calorie counting at this one :drool:.

Meal plan today =
    B – ½ banana on Toast
    L – L/O Asparagus & Pea Risotto
    D – Avocado & Prawn Salad
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all :)

ragz just put it behind you and move on, the more we feel cross with ourselves the more we want to throw in the towel and just keep eating whatever it is caused the feeling in the first place. You ate it, you enjoyed it, don't spoil it with feelings of guilt :). Have you tried really sweet fruit, melon, grapes, dates, plums etc, or a handful of sultanas to satisfy the sugar craving?

LittleMoog have a lovely time on your camping trip, I'll do a sun dance for you :D

B - F&F, sk milk
    D - grilled rainbow trout with a teaspoon of tartare sauce - nothing else as I love trout and don't want anything else to spoil it!
    T - Cup of Ainsley's broccoli and stilton soup, crackers with marmite, raspberry jam
    S - melon, nana, satsumas
    E - 45 mins gym

Have a good rest of the day :)
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Seanymph wrote: »
    I have my interview this morning at 10.30 - if anyone can spare a thought good luck vibes would be gratefully received!

The new haircut made me feel better.

And at the three week weigh in this morning I am half a stone down... I want it to be more and quicker, but I guess that's really good actually...

Yesterday I had two boiled eggs with soldiers for breakfast, we went to a pub lunch (egg friend rice and beef in oyster sauce) and dinner was two sausages, beens, some fried new potatoes and more egg!

No snacks though, and that was a bad day.

Today we have vegetarian chilli for dinner - do we share recipes here? It is the BEST vegetarian dish I've ever come across, I've never fed it to anyone who didn't love it and we now eat it about once a fortnight - would anyone like to see it?

I would love to see the recipe please, Chilli is my favorite dinner but I think quite high calorie cos I use beef.
    Slimming World at target
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ragz - I do wonder if you are being too strict with yourself and a little treat each day may help you beat the cravings? Hugs x

Im struggling to be honest. Im struggling with my energy levels which is to be expected after my holiday but very frustrating none the less.

I have also had my scales confiscated as I was becoming obsessive. I will weigh in twice during this challenge. Once in the middle and once at the end. Im going to Centre Parcs with the kids so that will be my mini goal. I must admit I am much more relaxed since they have been out of sight so here is hoping I dont crumple and go out and buy a new pair :o
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure