PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    amyloofoo wrote: »
    (Well I've been really well behaved diet and exercise-wise; until yesterday that is :eek: We went to friend's wedding (lots of food and a couple of glasses of wine), then went out afterwards for drinkies (so that'll be 3 vodka and diet cokes :eek:). I dread to think what all that sugar has done to me, and I feel sooooo rough today so no chance of exercising it off. I'm also not keeping anything down (sorry if TMI) which you'd think would probably be good weight-loss wise, but just means that I feel awful, lack the motivation to cook anything healthy so will probably end up having some sort of takeaway later :eek:

I know it's self-inflicted so I don't deserve sympathy, but I want it anyway! :rotfl:

Aww! We've all been there. I keep a couple of small frozen pizzas in my freezer for these days - bung in the oven job, minimal effort, costs less than a carry out. As long as you had a good night!

We have another lovely sunny day here, can it be we finally have summer? (*touch wood* I don't want to jinx it!) My noisy neighbours are on holiday, so I'm enjoying a lovely, peaceful day of rest with the windows wide open and a nice summer book. It's amazing when the sun is out and all you want to do is eat grapes and salads and icy lemon water.

B: none, slept through
    L: Ham salad sandwich on seeded bread (I'm just addicted to seeded bread atm) with a handful of grapes and 1 light babybel
    D: BBQ marinaded chicken with a potato and courgette pancake and baked peppers
    S: 3 flat bread slices (small 49 cal ones), 1 banana with a small scoop of ice cream
    E: 20 min walk at a slow pace, and think I'll do a 10 min solution session later

I've only had lunch so far, so must be careful to stick to what I've planned for the rest of the day, and not bring in too many extra snacks.
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    edited 22 July 2012 at 9:35PM
    Options
    Evening All

Lovely weather here too today. It's been a looking after DGD day and we've been out in the garden picking daisies and buttercups and playing. She also picked all the raspberries for our lunch and made raspberry jam tarts with me for tea.

B: Milky coffee
    L: HM butternut squash soup. Raspberries with Greek yoghurt.
    D: Roast pork with stir fried garlic cabbage, roast peppers, peas and carrots. HM chocolate mousse.

Exercise: So far a short walk (at 2 year old's pace) to the shops and back. I shall ring my friend shortly and see if she fancies an evening walk to enjoy the sunshine.

Rose

ETA: Did go out for a walk and did about 6 miles.
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • vixtress
    vixtress Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all :D
    I think I may finally have retaken control of my eating :cool:
    I had the first semi-good weekend for a long time. When I say semi-good I mean probably not bad enough to have undone all thet good work of the week :j
    Especially good was that for the first time ever I managed to retain some control at a BBQ! ......so, the last two days have been:

Yesterday.
    Lo-gi burgen toast with marmite ;)
    Half a sandwich from a bakery that was horrid, instead of ploughing through it I threw it away, I did then do a fair bit of nibbling but not too bad.
    Pork chop done on the BBQ with salad and a fair bit of wine, I declined the delicious steak burgers so I was quite pleased

Today was at the seaside but tot too disasterous
    Porridge with strawberries and blueberries and a spoonful of maple syrup
    Picnic of 2 sandwiches in burgen bread, 1 prawn, 1 egg and some melon.
    Breaded turkey steak, handful of oven chips and salad..
    Snack was half an ice cream, I gave it to dd instead of finishing it for the sake of it :D

That might sound bad to a lot of you super motivated people but it's a massive improvement on most weekends.

Will be back to the gym properly from tomorrow, my back is feeling a lot better and the kids are away until Friday so I can go after work :D

Hope you've all been enjoying the sunshine :cool:

Vix x
    - prior planning prevents poor performance!

May Grocery challenge £150 136/150
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Went to Henley for the day to visit DM and meals were a disaster

B - slice of WW Danish with butter
    D - starter of scallops with greenery and a too hot salsa which I left. Main was roast lamb which was inedible, little chucks of lamb, very overcooked, fatty and tough. Brought it home for the dog. The trees and cauli were raw so left those, the carrots still had some tops on and the gravy had a very strange taste! The roasties and Yorkie were edible though :D
    T - 2 WW Danish with garlic and chive rf cheese spread. Blueberries with rf ice cream.
    S - melon
    E - none

Looking forward to normality tomorrow!
  • watermelon88
    Options
    Had a good day:

B - porridge
    L - soup
    D - fish cakes and oven chips

Snacks: cups of tea & some chicken noodles.

No exercise today.

Still well under my calories so all is well :-)
    Total Weight Loss Progress = -17lbs
    Money Earned Online = £108
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning, All

We're not getting the gorgeous weather that the south is getting, but I'm hoping it will stay dry today as need to finish my garden (yesterday became too windy so I did my housework instead).

Ate too much food unfortunately...though did stick to my meal plan..the portions were WAY too big...

Today's plan is -

brekkie - hm muesli
    lunch - fish finger and bake bean sarnie :T
    dinner - lamb rogan josh and brown rice

Treats - will try hard not to :A

Have a lovely day everyone...

LB xx
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ok so totally fell of off the bandwagon again. 3rd time lucky? Pleased to report am still 5 lbsdown on heaviest. Found my rosemary coneley book so going with that. Today's plan
    B 2 weetabix with milk! Banana
    L coucous salad
    D chicken and unlimited veg followed by yoghurt
    E have done her 15 min routine.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All,

Well like others I had a lovely weekend and thoroughly enjoyed my fine dining experience – expensive but I don’t do it often so no guilt tripping here – I just need to be really strict with myself this week to try and limit the damage and make sure I lose something.
    Saturday =
    L - Soup and Mediterranean Bread
    Pre - Dinner Cocktail - Watermelon Frappe
    D – Roast Chicken, crispy haggis parcel, roast celeriac, creamy mash, whisky sauce followed by Iced Praline Parfait, cinnamon brioche croutons, caramelized hazelnut dust, chocolate sauce and a glass of absolutely gorgeous Muscat. :drool::drool:

Sunday was a bit more down to earth but highly calorific :eek:
    Brunch – Bacon & Egg Ciabatta roll
    D – Selection of Hummus Dips, crusty bread followed by ½ Pizza & salad.

I know there are some leftovers needing used up so today may not be as healthy I as I hoped for – but I’m not wasting them :D.
  • amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi everyone - after a shaky day yesterday hoping to get back on track today :-)

B - Poached egg on toast
    L - Ham sandwich with spinach and lettuce salad, followed by a bowl of strawberries
    D - Grilled chicken breast with (a small portion of) roast potatoes and a large portion of brocolli
    S - Grapes and a banana

Also have plans to do an hour of cardio today and since it's such a lovely day I'd like to go for a walk too... just don't know how I'm going to fit this around everything else I need to do!

Managing to keep up with the water too, and I'm finding it really is helping me stay hydrated and feel less hungry, I think a lot of my previous snacking may have been due to being thirsty :eek:

Hope everyone had a good weekend :grin:
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :)

B - F&F, sk milk
    D - veggie moussaka. Apple
    T - 3 crackerbread spreadwith lf yogurt. 1xvegemite, 1xprawn 1xmarmalade
    S - plums, melon, pear, orange
    E - 45 mins gym, cleaned car out, pottering in the garden

Have a sunny day :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories