Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 29 January 2012 at 5:21PM
    Options
    Hey mw
    Hope you and bump ok :)
    The SOA on here is mine only at the moment - I could get the figures and do a double one too!
    Will also add on car/holiday expenses etc... to make it easier to understand! -done now!
    OKay I will look at the life insurance- I did think mine might be pretty high but when I have checked with other providers (not on here just generic ones) have been given pretty similar quotes!

Mrtyo very on board thanks to my brainwashing!! poor man! :rotfl:

Well I got quite a bit of cooking done - made stew and a few more portions of soup for the freezer, then came down with horrible bug so am now confined to sofa with lucozade and crackers!! doh- hate feeling ill!!!...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Evening all!
    Sitting with a cuppa and some trashy tv watching the snow outside! :) Its quite light tho but may wake up tomorrow to a good old dusting of snow!!
    Have spent most of the week recovering from being ill but feeling mostly better now!
    Not so good on the moneysaving the last couple of days ... expensive grocery shop £35 for not a lot (milk and bread and freezer meals!) from a slightly more expensive supermarket (but walked there so saved on petrol if that counts!! :rotfl:)
    Also paid out for some health stuff and bought some winter clothes so a couple of hundred not into savings (or at least syphoned back out!)
    Am reminding myself that I used to spend money like that all the time without thinking every month - so once in who knows how long isnt the end of the world I guess!! :)

Have decided to keep a spending diary to try and figure out where cash is going and also still tracking grocery spends - so far £111 for January and £120ish for feb (hoping to stretch out what we have in until payday or thereabouts!) some of the monthly "fun" money I have spent on junk (chocolate...) but other than that feeling pleased on the grocery side of things!

Hopefully have a cheapish few weeks coming up - couple of lunches out and then a weekend away already paid/budgeted for.

Have a couple of freebies/vouchers on thier way, am hoping next month is a clubcard voucher month (anyone know?) so will get maybe some cinema/meal vouchers from that . £45ish in tcb (though wont be paid for a while) - planning on putting this toward summer holiday!

Also need to find/pay for car ins next month - thats come around quickly somehow!

Will update the house fund when Ive checked it out! think its looking good tho!

Nothing left to sell on amazon or ebay that I can think of .. but may have a hunt tomorrow if Im housebound and snowed in!

Hope all are well, havent done much reading around diary-land for a while!:D
  • Froggy-G
    Froggy-G Posts: 2,145 Forumite
    Options
    Hi TYO :j

Clubcard vouchers have been generated this week, so you should have them in the post next week..

Hope this helps

Snowy Froggy :rotfl:
    Froggy's New Lillypad Fund
    Total so far: £ 10,009.77
  • museumworker
    museumworker Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our clubcard vouchers came today :j!

sorry to hear you've been ill, but glad you're on the road to recovery.

It is very quiet in MFW diary land at the minute.
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
  • Lois_E
    Lois_E Posts: 2,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 September 2023 at 3:57PM
    Options
    Have decided to keep a spending diary to try and figure out where cash is going and also still tracking grocery spends - so far £111 for January and £120ish for feb (hoping to stretch out what we have in until payday or thereabouts!) some of the monthly "fun" money I have spent on junk (chocolate...) but other than that feeling pleased on the grocery side of things!

Spending diaries are great - I'd spend way more if I wasn't keeping mine. :)
    Starting again 13/4/19
    Home loan 1: £21,102.50 Home loan 2: £7,698.99
    Total owed: £28,801.49
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 5 February 2012 at 9:54PM
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on the clubcard vouchers Froggy- hopefully get ours in the post soon then!! :)

Mw- yep very quiet in MF land including me!! think I may need to set a few challenges to keep up the momentum!

Lois- yep I think writing all the spends down will hopefully have the effect of making me think before getting out the credit card or cash! (though its a bit shameful to look at my spends since xmas!!)

Have meal-planned till payday and we should just about have enough in to make do !!

We are a bit snowed in today so gonna do some baking and make something for dinner that can last the next few days! Done!

Other tasks for the week
    1) research cheaper life insurance options- currently pay £31p/m to cover £125000 its quite a lot it seems by others ...
    2) look into pension options- not sure if it would be a good idea to pay more into this I think I pay 3 or 4% which my employer matches- I dont know enough about it tbh to know if putting the money into a deposit is a better use of it than pensions!
    3) cheaper daily contact lenses - may see if I can buy the equivalent to what I have now from sp$csavers altho I have enough at the mo to last till April so this can be a longer task!
    [STRIKE]4)avoid the shops!!...[/STRIKE] Done for today at least!!
    [STRIKE]
    5) See if there is anything in the house I can ebay/sell on amazon!
    [/STRIKE] Done- one thing sold already will post tomorrow!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 19 February 2012 at 8:54PM
    Options
    Morning all!!
    Gosh this week is flying by , cant believe its Thursday already!! :eek::eek:

Am hecticly busy at work over the next couple of weeks so chasing my tail at the moment!! Still - it keeps me productive so I can complain really and some fun parts going on so it will all be worth it in the end! (and I will need a big lie in next weekend!! :D)

In MF/moneysaving news....

[STRIKE]

• 1 item sold on amazon and money requested...
    • Cheaper life ins (saving of almost £25 p/m) found thru mrtyo's policy so
      will look into this properly over weekend and sort...
    • Need to hunt for car ins or see what current insurers quote is .. seem to
      remember one comparison site offering nectar points for a quote so will check
      this out...
    • £50ish in tcb from netflix and another subscription (must rem to cancel
      both!) this will go towards holiday spends methinks!
    [/STRIKE]
    • Shopping slightly over budget thanks to little trip to Mr T's yesterday for dinner for having people over . £148 for feb till payday tho so not too damaging! Am gonna try shopping next month at Aldi/Lidl see what the difference is
    • [STRIKE]Still awaiting clubcard vouchers .. will swap for some exciting trips out (maybe
      cinema or dinner) I think![/STRIKE]
    • Still not researched pensions - will leave this for a lazy weekend or evening once the hectic period at work dies down and my brain can think again!
    • [STRIKE]
    • Contact lenses ditto, will book an appt elsewhere once I am nearing running
      out of my stash to see if I can buy equivalent dailies cheaper!
    • Still a few books/dvds listed on amazon and a bag of stuff for charity so
      will aim to de-clutter all soon
    • Contemplating switching to first direct for thier £100 bonus and 8% savings
      - anyone used/using them? what are they like and was the switchover smooth?
    • [/STRIKE]
    Thats about it, and should really get to work now (as its my most moneysaving/moneymaking exploit at the moment!! :rotfl:)

Hope all is well in diary-land will aim to catch up on others MF life at the weekend when I can put my feet up!
  • museumworker
    Options
    Using FD - totally recommend them, switchover smooth, great customer service, got £100 really quickly. Am using the 8% savings - max £300 pm.

I can get a bonus for recommending you (or anyone else who is interested) - you'll still get your £100 and I could split the bonus with you if you like? I would just need to put your details on a postcard and send it back to them - they then send you the application form. PM me if you're interested.
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 12 February 2012 at 5:56PM
    Options
    Thanks mw- havent forgotten about it!
    Will spend some time over the next week researching FD properly so I can think through the implications!!
    Lazy sunday here (though trying to make myself do a shred later!!) need to get motivated and productive as have been feeling a bit negative and blah lately! .... so plan is for today
    1) do a shred or something that gets my heart rate up and moving *ahem* not done yet but still got the whole evening!
    [STRIKE]2)Do some baking- have stuff in which could easily make cupcakes , cookies and some twinks hobnobs if I so desired![/STRIKE] done! :D
    [STRIKE]3)check life ins switch over - then need to decide what is the best/cheapest long term option[/STRIKE]half done! need to finish off today!

In other MSE news have recieved clubcard vouchers so they can be put to good use at some point! ;)
    have meal planned till payday and reckon we should be able to muddle through - possibly with a couple of additions of milk and fruit!

In non MSE news I added up what I have spent this month on health (accupuncture) appointments, new clothes, parking, beauty things (getting my eyebrows done) and books/dvds and lunches at work and it totals at just over £400!!:eek::eek::eek: I feel I should do some MSE hail marys or something in pennance!

Though mostly I hunt for the best deals I seem to have slipped somewhat and gone for the instant gratification fix!

Have promised self no more spending till payday at the end of the month other than a couple of quid in my purse which may buy a coffee out at some stage! (so mrtyo may get some wrapped up cupcakes/hobnobs on valentines day!!) so we shall see how that goes!!

Am also awaiting in the next few weeks
    £44.44 tcb
    £34.95 expenses
    £4.34 amazon sales

so a total of: £83.73

every little helps and all that! :p
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 19 February 2012 at 8:55PM
    Options
    Right ... need to get back on track with the moneysaving as has been a VERY spendy month! (topped up with £20 on takeaway last nite.. but we still have leftovers for today so £10 each meal I guess.... ;) )

My plans for this are:
    *Make most of cutting down on food shopping- got a delivery coming next week (using £10 off code so tenner's worth of free shopping!)
    *[STRIKE]chase expenses and tcb money (though dont have a lot of control over when these come! but it will all be added to the pot!)[/STRIKE]done- checked tcb last nite and have requested payout!
    [STRIKE]*finish changing life ins - will try and do this by Tuesday ...[/STRIKE]
    *[STRIKE]Baking/cooking over weekend- plan for flapjacks, cupcakes and some veggie lasagne! which should keep us going for a couple of days![/STRIKE] All done!
    [STRIKE]*exchange clubcard vouchers for something exciting or entertainment wise (cinema
    or dinner perhaps!)[/STRIKE]
    *[STRIKE]At some point I need to get round to researching car ins/breakdown for the best deals as mine is up for renewal (March I think - must check! )[/STRIKE]Not renewed till April so another few weeks to check this out!

Off to catch up on diaries for some inspiration! Hope everyone has a good weekend :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure