Deliciosa’s DFW diary

Options

Comments

• MaggieBear
    Options
    see, I told you I'd catch up eventually ;)
    So, actual debt again: £3589.73.
    This means I have paid off 35.5% of my debt. YAY!

GO YOU :T :beer: :T That's Fantastic News!

Okay, now I've pretty much had an undigested run at your diary :) (how's your nose btw?) and I had a couple of observations:

You're very "all or nothing" and it seems to make you very sad sometimes; I wondered if allowing yourself some pocket money - for lattes, or eyebrows, or whatever; taking it away from your regular food and essentials budget and making it "fun" money, might be helpful to you?

Your food things terrify the life out of me - you do need Protein, Carbohydrates, Vitamins and Minerals every day; your body completely rebuilds itself all the time and you need those building blocks to make sure it's healthy. I know you're out long days and that makes it so hard, I know - me too :D , but maybe you could take a packed tea, and have lunch at work? Your canteen sounds brilliant and really cheap, and I think those houmous&veggie wraps you were having would freeze - you could take a couple out the freezer in the morning and keep them well wrapped up (in a wee cool bag if you have one) and by tea time they'd be defrosted, but still comfortably cool to eat?
    LBM 21/11/07 Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts. Nerd Number 872 DFD ~07/2009 Stats at payday feb08: overdraft ; Gone CC1: £1,519.63 CC2: £402.15
    £2 Savers club: £6 so far Living Ebay(& Amazon) Neutral in 2008: £43.07 so far "I do not NEED that DVD" Tough Love Club member #4
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How are you doing? Its been a couple of days now.. hope you're okay. xx
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • deliciosa
    Options
    Skint_Catt wrote: »
    :hello: Hi all, sorry to disappear - just been in hospital so now at home relaxing! And no deliciosa - you've beaten me with the fatty pork belly :rotfl:

Oh no! (to the hospital bit) - are you ok? :grouphug:

Oh yes! (that I have beaten you :rotfl:)

Today I had - you know those caramel waffles from starbucks? my friend bought me one of those :o:o:o:o:o:oohhhyum.
    Total debt £3625.07. :o
    Goals: 1.) DFD December 2008 (snowball) / October 2008 (me:o ) 2.) Salary £30kpa (currently £26450pa) 3.) Slim down to 55kg (currently 68kg :( ) 4.) Start stoozing :j
    I do not NEED that DVD Tough love club Member #1
  • deliciosa
    Options
    Wildchild wrote: »
    Hey! How's it going?

Just read your whole thread (yes all of it) and wow! What a turnaround.

You've done a great job of getting back on track. I haven't had any DVDs since your I'm not trying enough thread so thanks for that!

My last day at work today. I have another 13 minutes and then I'm off home to start packing! Am getting quite excited now.

Only problem is I have to go shopping tomorrow so I look presentable at my new job and I hope I don't go crazy and spend way too much!!! I know I will be really tempted as I haven't been shopping in ages.

At least I can't spend money I don't have as my OD and CC have both been cancelled. So that's good I suppose.

And I've just got the money for the car so that's good too!!! :j :j :j

Wish me luck!

You must be at your new place now! How exciting. GOOD LUCK!!!! :T:T:T:T well done for selling the car - let us know how you've behaved at shopping - but honestly!!!!

How's it going in Holland?
    Goals: 1.) DFD December 2008 (snowball) / October 2008 (me:o ) 2.) Salary £30kpa (currently £26450pa) 3.) Slim down to 55kg (currently 68kg :( ) 4.) Start stoozing :j
  • deliciosa
    Options
    MaggieBear wrote: »
    see, I told you I'd catch up eventually ;)

still i can't believe you did - :eek: impressive!!!!!!

You're very "all or nothing" and it seems to make you very sad sometimes; I wondered if allowing yourself some pocket money - for lattes, or eyebrows, or whatever; taking it away from your regular food and essentials budget and making it "fun" money, might be helpful to you?

True, true, and true. I am trying to stop myself when I find myself doing the "all or nothing thing" so for example I had a NSD for the last three days (thats three NSDs :o) but tomorrow I will go to my friend's party (£5). Also will have diet cokes (£2.65 :o)

I am eating better now! The canteen got more expensive over the last year but it's still not bad and I'm really eating a lot, that's why I'm fat :p:p don't worry the last thing I lack is food.

The houmous veggie wraps are still my favourites. I also like houmous and tomato in baguette too :o but that does not last long it gets soggy.

A little update: I feel brilliant that I have not spent over the weekend. And still I had an amazing one. :j I am too lazy to go to the gym today, but I will have a proactive scrub tonight. Ohh I forgot to tell you guys,,,,, I need your help!!!

My gran canaria friend bought the tickets for me, and THEN told me. She said I dont have to give it back to her (she's well off) she said sshe admired that I said no because I am resposnible about my debt (thats what she said!!!!) and she bought them ANYWAY!!!! so she paid for it all!! I was gutted, the tickets are on my name, I cant even refuse now! so I am going!! I am determined to pay it back to her, but she said why dont I pay it back when I paid back all my debt.

So I need your help how to budget for it and where to get cheap swimsuits and everything - please help, I DONT WANT TO overspend there and get into bigger debt, I must be careful!!!! I decided that when I get paid on the 10th I give her £50 and then £50 every month as I don't want to owe. And this I will bduget out, drink less diet cokes or something, it's not like I will pay back less of my normal debt because of it.

So really, I have two weeks to vcome up with a budgeting plan for gran can. Hotel and flight is paid but I need help with budgeting for everything else including suncream and whateverr is needed for a holiday, really... HEEEELPPPPPP!!!!!!.
  • deliciosa
    Options
    How are you doing? Its been a couple of days now.. hope you're okay. xx

just no internet at aunt's - but loads of dvds! :j how are you??
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    deliciosa wrote: »
    just no internet at aunt's - but loads of dvds! :j how are you??

I'm good thanks :) glad to hear you're okay! xx
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • MaggieBear
    Options
    deliciosa wrote: »
    The houmous veggie wraps are still my favourites. I also like houmous and tomato in baguette too :o but that does not last long it gets soggy.

A little update: I feel brilliant that I have not spent over the weekend. And still I had an amazing one. :j I am too lazy to go to the gym today, but I will have a proactive scrub tonight. Ohh I forgot to tell you guys,,,,, I need your help!!!

My gran canaria friend bought the tickets for me, and THEN told me. She said I dont have to give it back to her (she's well off) she said sshe admired that I said no because I am resposnible about my debt (thats what she said!!!!) and she bought them ANYWAY!!!! so she paid for it all!! I was gutted, the tickets are on my name, I cant even refuse now! so I am going!! I am determined to pay it back to her, but she said why dont I pay it back when I paid back all my debt.

So I need your help how to budget for it and where to get cheap swimsuits and everything - please help, I DONT WANT TO overspend there and get into bigger debt, I must be careful!!!! I decided that when I get paid on the 10th I give her £50 and then £50 every month as I don't want to owe. And this I will bduget out, drink less diet cokes or something, it's not like I will pay back less of my normal debt because of it.

So really, I have two weeks to vcome up with a budgeting plan for gran can. Hotel and flight is paid but I need help with budgeting for everything else including suncream and whateverr is needed for a holiday, really... HEEEELPPPPPP!!!!!!.

Hmm, with the tomato bagettes, could you add a little lettuce as a barrier?

Congratulations on all the NSD - the Diet coke money, that's not just for one day, is it? So it's part of a reasonable considered budget :).

How nice of your friend to pay like that, and to be proud of you paying back your debt, but be careful that your friend's kindness doesn't force you into more debt.

Cheap swimming cossies in Feb... hrm.. you might get lucky with some things coming into the cheaper shops - Primark, peacocks (although there weren't any this week), new look, TK maxx. Suntan lotion you can possibly still pick up cheap from the reduced bit in Boots - I know our boots has LOADS at the moment as they're trying to get rid of last years stock and it's all still in date.

You probably don't need much else, food money, but you'd be eating at home anyway.
    LBM 21/11/07 Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts. Nerd Number 872 DFD ~07/2009 Stats at payday feb08: overdraft ; Gone CC1: £1,519.63 CC2: £402.15
    £2 Savers club: £6 so far Living Ebay(& Amazon) Neutral in 2008: £43.07 so far "I do not NEED that DVD" Tough Love Club member #4
  • mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I've spent the past three days reading your diary from 1st thread to last. Dfw is right - it's like a novel with so many twists and turns and a really nice main character. ;)

I think you have been doing really well to face and fight your debts and I'm really happy for you for paying back over a third of your debt. It was really tough for you and you still did it. I think you should be really proud of yourself. Congratulations!

Reading your diary has made me want to write my own - except that I'm not in debt (touch wood)! Does anyone know if there's a saving-money-diary kind of forum? With people who are as nice and supportive? :)

Your friend has been really kind to pay for your holiday and I think you should go and enjoy yourself. One thing you could try is setting yourself a budget for food, entertainment, whatever and taking it with you in cash. Check Martin's Traval money optimiser thingie - it will tell you where you can get the cheapest foreign currency and since you're in London, it'll probably be nearby. Then, since your friend knows about your debt, hand over your credit card to her while you're on holiday and try to stay within the cash you have. Having to ask her for the credit card will make you think twice about spending on it!

My husband and I are going to Brussels and Amsterdam for 4 days to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary and I know the joy planning a holiday brings. You have plenty of time to pick up cheap things so enjoy yourself and have a great time!
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Awww, what a nice friend you have got! See, you used your willpower, and something really good came out of it.

George at Asda has loads of swimming costumes in at the moment, and a couple of them were really nice. I would have bought one except they are always too short in the body for me, so I tend to have to buy more expensive ones, which is really annoying. I only buy one every couple of years though, so it's not too bad.
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family