Deliciosa’s DFW diary

Options

Comments

• slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm glad its all sorted :) x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • deliciosa
    deliciosa Posts: 744 Forumite
    Options
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    I'm glad its all sorted :) x

thanks - i can't tell you how glad I am. will rant a bit in a minute.... :)
    Total debt £3625.07. :o
    Goals: 1.) DFD December 2008 (snowball) / October 2008 (me:o ) 2.) Salary £30kpa (currently £26450pa) 3.) Slim down to 55kg (currently 68kg :( ) 4.) Start stoozing :j
    I do not NEED that DVD Tough love club Member #1
  • miggy
    miggy Posts: 4,328 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, just catchng up... WRT your friend paying for tickets - how lovely of her! If she says she doesn't want repaying, well, why not save up and say repay half but take her out for dinner or buy her some flowers or something at the same time - you could say something like 'I wanted to say thank you, I know you said I didn't owe you but I feel I should repay at least part, as it was your money and also I need to learn to budget so I hope you won't mind me giving you this' (hand over money) 'and this' (hand over flowers) ' 'cos you're such a sweetie!'
    JMO - you know your friend best :-)
    Also (JMO again!) giving to someone can be a lovely feeling, she may be happy right now because she's made your holiday happen?
    Bikinis etc... I saw lots in Primark last week. If you don't have an ASDA near you, it may be worth seeing if there is a separate branch of George, as sometimes they have it as a separate high street shop.
    The gym membership - wow, small print, huh?! I am so pleased you could cancel that one and you've got your money back. (WTG ZTD!) If they have already taken out double in February, perhaps you could put that in writing to them and state that as they have done this, you don't owe them?
    I hope you find some loverly beachwear (Primark is good for those wrap-around beach thingies and towels, etc.) and have a great holiday,
    Migs
    Miggy

MEMBER OF MIKE'S MOB!
    Every Penny a Prisoner

This article is about coffeehouse bartenders. For lawyers, see Barrister. (Wikipedia)
  • deliciosa
    Options
    I thought about lying to you guys :o see I am so horrible. but I decided to tell the truth because I really can't lie and I would get busted in a second as I can't do it consistenty. So my amex bill is at £900 and I have absolutely , positively NO idea how it happened. Clueless. It was £500 about 2 weeks ago. What is wrong here? I checked the statement and I see items like £27 boots (essentials: shampoo, conditioner, clean and clear, and £15 worht of lemsip, tablets and decongestant)... this is kind of justified. I needed all this and I got good price. I didnt buy anything non essential there apart from the moisturiser which I am sure I picked up in a moment of madness and I have already confessed this.

Then... £47. On sunbed sessions worth £75. I know I know. Forgive me fellow dfw-ers for I have sinned. I just got panicky about gran can and paid for sunbed sessions so that i wont burn there (result: burnt now. especially on places that hnever came in contact with sun before!) I know. I know. I still have £58 credit on it so it will last for this hol plus way beyond. But I could not afford it and I am ashamed at how stupid I was. Still, it's not £900 so whatever else happened here????

£10 on TFL. This is ok - oyster top up, only spent £1.80 as cycling. Very justified and good expense and still have left of it. £10 for my friend's book shopping as her card wasn't working. she is giving it back to me tonight, just confirmed by sms.

Waterstones, Kensington, London £6.99 - what on earth is this?? Oh right. I know. Stupid, stupid me. the gran canaria travel book. It was another moment of extreme madness and it's just TYPICAL to me, thats how stupid I have been all the time, not once in two weeks' time, ALL the time! I used to buy these books once a day! Gosh, is the old me coming back?

Then Zizzi london £12.90. That was the lunch out with colleagues. Am I ever going to learn??? American Waffle house £16.50. Dinner out with friends. I seriously can't remember I used the amex there, but I must have. I need to leave the bloody card at home!!!!!
    Starbucks London SW5. £5.68. Oh sod it. I messed up big time last week.

So there, please feel free to come and tell me off, I totally deserve it.

And I still haven't bought holiday accessories.
    On the pos side, apart from that, no other expense anticipated this week and next monday is payday.

Ohh dear.

Copy of the middle bit goes into the DVD club thread.
    Goals: 1.) DFD December 2008 (snowball) / October 2008 (me:o ) 2.) Salary £30kpa (currently £26450pa) 3.) Slim down to 55kg (currently 68kg :( ) 4.) Start stoozing :j
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Naughty girl ;)

There - feel better now?

Right - it's back on that wagon for you young lady! Stop beating yourself up, and just get on with paying it off.

Oh, and (((hugs))) :)
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • deliciosa
    Options
    miggy wrote: »
    Hi, just catchng up... WRT your friend paying for tickets - how lovely of her! If she says she doesn't want repaying, well, why not save up and say repay half but take her out for dinner or buy her some flowers or something at the same time - you could say something like 'I wanted to say thank you, I know you said I didn't owe you but I feel I should repay at least part, as it was your money and also I need to learn to budget so I hope you won't mind me giving you this' (hand over money) 'and this' (hand over flowers) ' 'cos you're such a sweetie!'
    JMO - you know your friend best :-)
    Also (JMO again!) giving to someone can be a lovely feeling, she may be happy right now because she's made your holiday happen?
    Bikinis etc... I saw lots in Primark last week. If you don't have an ASDA near you, it may be worth seeing if there is a separate branch of George, as sometimes they have it as a separate high street shop.
    The gym membership - wow, small print, huh?! I am so pleased you could cancel that one and you've got your money back. (WTG ZTD!) If they have already taken out double in February, perhaps you could put that in writing to them and state that as they have done this, you don't owe them?
    I hope you find some loverly beachwear (Primark is good for those wrap-around beach thingies and towels, etc.) and have a great holiday,
    Migs

Ohh very good idea about my friend :) I will do that! with the exact words :) she'll get a growing flower as she loves them :)

Will go to primark once I can (time of the month, no bikini trying, but hopefully be ok by weds)

I will get the gym money back tomorrow, or so I have been told by natwest! will call manager now just to confirm.

x x x x x thanks for coming in!!!!
  • deliciosa
    Options
    Snaggles wrote: »
    Naughty girl ;)

There - feel better now?

Right - it's back on that wagon for you young lady! Stop beating yourself up, and just get on with paying it off.

Oh, and (((hugs))) :)

determined to get back on wagon but need to spend in primark.. what sort of budget would be realistic? help!!!!

(see, i am getting better at not beating myself up too much)
  • Snaggles
    Options
    Have a look through what you already own, and make a list of what you would LIKE to buy for your holidays.

Then go through the list, and cross off everything you can cope without.

Then go through it again, and cross off what you can HONESTLY cope without...:rotfl:

Then let us know what you definitely can absolutely NOT cope without, no matter how much you try, and we will try to come up with some ideas for a budget.

Can you borrow anything off friends at all? Or customise some of your existing clothes?
  • deliciosa
    Options
    Snaggles wrote: »
    Have a look through what you already own, and make a list of what you would LIKE to buy for your holidays.

Then go through the list, and cross off everything you can cope without.

Then go through it again, and cross off what you can HONESTLY cope without...:rotfl:

Then let us know what you definitely can absolutely NOT cope without, no matter how much you try, and we will try to come up with some ideas for a budget.

Can you borrow anything off friends at all? Or customise some of your existing clothes?

ok. Lets see

Want/need/first list:

bikini bottoms (2)
    swimsuit (1)
    sarong (1)
    flipflops (must have, at least one but would like two)
    summer dress :o I guess this one will be crossed off in a heartbeat
    some tank tops (please!!!)
    jeans - I have, don't need more!
    evening dress - have already
    something to put on when chilly - large beach blouse or whatever they are called...?
    bikini tops - have two really nice ones, don't mind mixing colours so OK
    trainers for camel riding etc - have already OK
    books - have loads but would love to buy one at airport?
    suncream
    moisturiser - thing is only have big 200 ml which won't go in hand luggage and dont want to check in bag as changing flights in madrid.. maybe i could buy some THERE it might even be cheaper?
    shampoo, cond, travel sizes: HAVE ALREADY
    moisturiser mini? only have big bottle
    or loads of lil bottles of bottling existing thing, will cost lot.... :(
    maybe some jewellery?
    belts?
    tights?
    hat :o sunglasses :o:o:o lip protector...

Oh dear.
  • Snaggles
    Options
    Some quick ideas for you then:

Flipflops - Asda are selling some plain-ish ones for £1.99, and some really cute ones for £2.99. I got mine free with a magazine last year (magazine was £2, and I LOVE them).

Books - have a look and see if any of the schools around you are having an Easter/Spring fair etc. I got loads of books for 10p each at my sons Xmas fair a couple of months ago, and they were virtually new. Managed to pick up quite a few light-holiday-reading type ones. Or borrow some books off a friend?

Suncream - Wilkinsons sell it quite cheaply, or what about Avon? Sometimes they have good offers on and I think you get Quidco cashback or Pigsback points on Avon purchases too.

Moisturiser - I always tend to have small bottles of 'stuff' that I've got as part of a Xmas present, that I know I'll never use, and I often just empty one of these out and fill it with my normal moisturiser/shampoo/conditioner etc,to save space and money.

Jewellery - just take what you already have - if you don't tend to wear much at home, you probably wont on holiday either.

Tights - if the weather is warm you wont need these - you've already spent money getting your legs tanned, so you may as well show them off! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family