PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th December 2011

Options

Comments

• jjef
    jjef Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    edited 17 December 2011 at 5:40PM
    Options
    kitchen and dining room
    [STRIKE] Sweep and mop the floor
    Remove all kitchen/dining room hotspots into an empty box
    Wipe the work surfaces[/STRIKE]
    Wipe out the fridge and meal plan using up what’s in there
    [STRIKE]15 minutes wiping anything that is grubby
    Clean the kitchen sink
    Empty and clean out your bins[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    DW/MW filters and drawers – do you have enough powder/salt etc to last over Christmas?
    Put away appliances not being used to make space for Christmas cooking

Living Room, Hall and Stairs, downstair loo
    [STRIKE]Vacuum through the living room, hall and stairs
    Dust or wipe any surfaces you can
    HHI
    Make sure all toys have a home, can any be put away for a while or sort a drawer[/STRIKE]
    Clean the downstairs loo and basin
    [STRIKE]Remove all hotspots into the box you started yesterday
    Clean your dirtiest window
    Can you recycle any newspapers/Christmas magazines etc[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    Sort out your bag and purse, put receipts away safely
    any upstairs area which is left especially if it’s a room of doom
    [STRIKE]HH putting stuff away
    Do a small job which you have been putting off
    Clear and Hoover floor[/STRIKE]
    Wipe all dusty areas with a damp cloth
    Deal with outstanding post, bills, emails
    Wipe computer keyboard and mouse, clean the screen
    Change any pet bedding that needs it
    [STRIKE]If you have been putting all your hotspots into a box/pile now is the time to deal with them[/STRIKE]
    Extras:
    Write a few more Christmas cards
    Update your address book
    Delete unwanted numbers from your mobile or house phone.
    Polish your silver/brass
    Bathroom and Landing
    Remove anything from these areas which doesn’t belong here
    Is it time for a new toothbrush? Especially important if you have been unwell
    Clean baths, sinks and toilets
    Clean the floors right into the corners
    Clean the shower screen or wash the curtain
    Throw away anything old and yucky
    Wipe window ledges and dusty areas
    Extras:
    Use vinegar to descale around taps and plugs
    Degunk the drains with soda crystals and hot water
    Check supplies of soap, shampoo etc to last over Christmas
    Clean the mirrors
    Bedrooms – all
    Change all the beds
    Hoover the bedrooms
    Dust all fluffy surfaces
    Kids to get those rooms totally tidy
    Half Hour Ironing
    Clean any window your choose
    Finish any outstanding jobs on your lists
    Sort some socks, get rid of any threadbare ones
    More Christmas Challenges for those who want them

Monday
    Meal plan for the Christmas week, do you need stuffing, cranberry sauce, what about crackers or party popper. Please share your meal plans with all of us!

All organised then make something for the freezer for the New Year

Tuesday
    Wrap any presents you need before the 25th, gifts for teachers or friends. Do you need to give Christmas Boxes to milkmen, window cleaners etc or has this tradition died?

All done, sort your present drawer for the rest of the year and see what gaps there are which you could fill in the January sales, write a list now.

Wednesday

Thursday

It simple today my friends get all those cards which have to be posted written, addressed and stamped.

Friday
    It's a wrap flyladies. If it's done great, if it's not make a start if possible getting the kid's ones done as lots will be finishing school today.

Think thats all, will be sorting out jobs for DH and girls as all home today.

Will be back after lots of HHC to update.
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    hex2 wrote: »
    Lots to do today, both in cleaning and building works terms. Need to go to BnQ for plasterboard, second time this week - can't fit everything in, I do miss my 110 Defender. The kitchen walls and floor should be finished by tomorrow night and I need to order worktops and flooring this weekend. It won't be finished for Christmas :cool: but I would rather it was done properly than rushed.

I bought a whole salmon yesterday from Makro (£4.99/kg, apparently the same in Morrisons, and £4 in Asda) and we want to convert the fish kettle into an oak smoker so we can hot smoke it which will also mean recycling oak chippings from my under construction kitchen :D.

The whole house is a complete tip and we now are likely to have an unplanned guest from C'mas Eve so I need to add a veggie option to my meal plans and do lots of tidying.

What a great idea, love this.:D

Well today I need to get a few jobs done, clear the clutter in living room, ditto dining room, kitchen not to bad.

Have a bit to sort in or bedroom and the really want to find the box room as it seems to have disappeared under the mounds of random stuff.

First though.....coffee.:j
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,886 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 December 2011 at 11:51AM
    Options
    exOH been - little problem re delivery (via HDNL) sorted (cos that's who he is currently employed by):D - had arranged delivery to work but estimated delivery was for today. Had a text to say it was on the way! Sure enough cards have been left (2 parcels) so depot phoned and upshot is he'll pick it up tomorrow and bring it here on his way home Monday morning and DD will have her (discounted) tousers! It's nice to be on friendly terms!

Anyway progress has been made and labels printed for envelopes!

DS has woken up and expects cooked breakfast. That's a no! No eggs and bacon is frozen. (Note to self ask colleague and hen keeper for a dozen free-range eggs!)

Those who pray if you could mention the boy in DD's year (and one of her classes) who lost his mother this week when she was murdered.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all

I'm sorry for the extended absence - combination of something happening at home that really threw me off-balance and work being crazy. I'm looking forward to being around for the next fortnight. :D
    Seeing the house by daylight makes it so much easier to clean.

I don't think I'll try to read back or even look at this week's lists, but here's what I'm hoping to achieve today:
    • Dailies in the kitchen - It's much improved, but I've let things slip this week, due to several goes at late night shopping.
    • At least make a start on getting the front room ready for decorations.
    • Update budget and do some shopping (depending on the outcome of the update :o)
    • Finish any internet shopping
    • collate, sort and start laundry
    • strip and re-make beds (with DS2's help)
    Have a good Saturday, everyone. x
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good to see you posting Mrs C - hope all is ok.
    Triker my late FIL gave me the fish kettle as he never used it and I in turn have used it once in five years. He would have approved of this use :D DH is going to scale and fillet it for me shortly then I can get it in some brine later.

DW emptied and filled. Boys tidying their bedroom, and we are working together on the living room. The lego advent calenders have been great but there are bits everywhere.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Mudbath
    Mudbath Posts: 5,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Bit of a bitty day for me today as working most of the day but my last client just cancelled so i'm going to go round the house and re-home things to where they should be. I've definitely given up on the lists this week but need to get some semblance of order as I have back to back clients all next week so not sure how much will get done.

Right HHC 1145 till 1215 anyone? xx

DS an
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    2 HHCs have started the kitchen and LR nicely. Having a cuppa and doing some internet based stuff for a few minutes, then I'll carry on. :D DS2 has stripped his bed AND found his £5 voucher for build-a-bear. He has some money saved, too, :T so we may head to M'hall sometime in the next few days. DS1 is now up, but if I don't expect any support from him, at least I won't be disappointed.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,886 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    oh my!

Have received an e mail from the bloke I was seeing last year with photographs - goodness knows what he was thinking! Picture of fluffy toys he had and one of him - clearly taken on a warm day or with the heating on!!!

Think I shall ignore - though I don't like to appear rude. Shame there isn't a 'reject' option then it could show up in his inbox as a failed delivery.

Anyway Christmas cards posted.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon all

Up early again, not sleeping very well lately. Christmas does make me fret, although for no apparent reason.

I've made some tomato and lentil soup for tea which does smell nice, I hope it tastes OK. I draped a tea towel round me like a bib when I was ready to blend it but I still looked like a victim when I finished.....

Otherwise, just general tidying round. Some washing draped about. Went over for newspapers and it was icier than I like out there. Gave the kitchen sink a good clean and it's shiny now.

Hair cut in a couple of hours time, and that's about it for today.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    Those who pray if you could mention the boy in DD's year (and one of her classes) who lost his mother this week when she was murdered.
    Oh, how awful!:( Coping vibes by the barrow-load for the poor young man, and hoping the perpetrator is brought to very swift justice.
    Valli wrote: »
    oh my!

Have received an e mail from the bloke I was seeing last year with photographs - goodness knows what he was thinking! Picture of fluffy toys he had and one of him - clearly taken on a warm day or with the heating on!!!

Think I shall ignore - though I don't like to appear rude. Shame there isn't a 'reject' option then it could show up in his inbox as a failed delivery.

Anyway Christmas cards posted.
    Doesn't that chap understand what "it's over" actually means?

Sidney's here - so Flying may be very much reduced for the next couple of weeks; I'll be using a lot of my spoons with walkies, and also, he has to be cajoled to eat his not-very-appetising diabetic diet, so that's very time-consuming.

He's lying on the sofa snoring his little head off at the moment - and Mr LW's having to sit on the floor.:D Nothing like getting your priorities right,is there?:rotfl:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport