PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th December 2011

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,186 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm about halfway through a vast batch of Florentines. I've run out of baking paper so can only do 12 at a time. I've been experimenting with recipes - nigella makes dense, chewy ones, Mary Berry makes thin crisp ones. Anyway, I'll have well over 100 so no chance of running short!

Once they're done and I've stopped handling them I can light the fire :D
  • Goodintentions
    Options
    I have been busy today :)
    I have washed the cushion covers from the LR and DD's duvet. I have also cleaned the bathroom, the downstairs toilet/basin, hoovered through downstairs & halfway up the stairs (DD said she would do the rest), put up some more decs, started dinner (spag bol) and have been sorting out accumulated stuff in the DR. I have stopped to dose myself up, and have a cuppa.
    I am now having difficulty getting myself going again :o
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yum Greenbee, dense and chewy for me. Which book?

Still ironing *yawns* and only DS2 wants dinner cos everyone else is full of smoked fish and salad :cool:
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,186 Forumite
    Options
    hex2 wrote: »
    yum Greenbee, dense and chewy for me. Which book?

Still ironing *yawns* and only DS2 wants dinner cos everyone else is full of smoked fish and salad :cool:

Domestic Goddess p.203. Only drawback is that it needs double cream. I think the others could be denser if you seriously increased the proportion of fruit and nuts (and left the nuts as largish chunks rather than finely chopped).
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ta Greenbee. I have everything but the time but will squeeze in this week :cool:

Ironing finished - more washing in the TD but not needed for this week.

DS1 just asked for more fish and salad. *watches bottomless pit in awed (but expensive) fascination*
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all

Been playing Sarah Raven whislt listening to the Dolly Christmas CD

Starting playing a whole pile of old CDS, Robbie, Az Yet, Bryan Adams.

Roast lamb cooking then to decorate the tree whilst watching Only Fools and Horses 'Chandelier' episode
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • vanilla
    vanilla Posts: 3,277 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all, been a busy week here with appointments so haven't had much of a chance to post. Hope everyone is well, crongrats and hugs where needed.

Our lane has been a sheet of black ice for two days, managed to get down the lane a few hours ago but apart from that i haven't been out of the house. It's been great :rotfl:loads done and house is looking pretty good. I even got my coat hanger up so the kids can hang their coats on that instead of the floor. :D I even baked 2 cakes last night and make some buns, think i should stay at home more often.

Need to get a few pressents wrapped tonight to go with the boys tomorrow (they finish half day). Also need to give the kitchen and livingroom a quick tidy before i head to bed tonight. Right better start wrapping, see you all on the knew thread. :D
    Sometimes it seems that the going is just too rough.
    And things go wrong no matter what I do.
    Now and then it seems that life is just too much.
    But you've got the love I need to see me through.
    :j :j
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    Options
    New thread - I must try to remember how to change the wording!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=49457391&posted=1#post49457391
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    Options
    Got back from my weekend away about 4ish and went sleep for and hour or so. Just about ready for bed again now. I've had about 6 hours sleep over the whole weekend! Good time was had by all though so it was worth it.

Valli - how awful!
    Bonnie - hope your interview goes well.
    Hex - you're just showing off now!

Lots to do this week but I've finished work now so hopefully everything will get done. Christmas party at Beavers and Cubs tomorrow night as if I haven't seen enough of them over the weekend - I'm just a glutton for punishment!

Hope you've all had a good weekend

Hugs

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,840 Forumite
    Options
    well what 'dried' outside was dry enough to iron (result IMO) so it has been ironed. The Valliteens were strangely reluctant to help with the xmas decs - result is almost all the baubles and frippery have gone back in the loft and the tree has white lights and silver baubles. Have 'saved' the coloured flashing lights to do the hall when I get some cable ties and the snowmen are hanging from the newell post as per usual. Sad not to have the 'memory' decs up but they are still around. And DD has always wanted a 'designer' tree.
    They're off tomorrow but I have two days at work.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family