PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th December 2011

Options

Comments

• Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Waitrose shop duely done and store cupboard over flowing. Meal plan was done so I should just need a few fresh bits nearer the big day.

Valli so sad for the poor boy to have lost both parents

Jacky glad you had a good time. Thanks for the congratulations, he won all three matches so is pleased as punch

Cuppa and boys lunch to do and then to dec the halls with bales of holly tra la la la la la la ......

I'll put the ironing challenge on next week - I think JJ is starting the thread so I'll do it in post #2 or #3
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon all

I've actually got some washing hanging outside today! It's very cold but sunny and breezy.

Roast dinner done and eaten.

All the washing up done and put away.
  • bikelesschick
    Options
    I caught up with my list since last night, cleaned the bathrooms and mirrors and decided I'll go for weight loss as a NY resolution. DH hoovered and WM on. I don't have a TD :( and I don't trust the weather at the minute so I've got clothes all over the radiators at the minute. Not a good luck but it works!

Happy flying!
    :jBaby girl born 3rd October 2012:j
  • cyclingyorkie
    Options
    I loved the image of your iron killing! thanks for the laugh... I agree with you about the steam generator thing - they are not quite up to hard water areas! I stopped ironing quite a few things when I realised that if I simply folded sheets up from tumble dryer or washing line, nobody really noticed - perhaps in a house full of men they are not really into that detail. It has saved me LOADS of time not ironing sheets & duvet covers... I still like to iron pillowcases though...

why do I iron sheets?

'cos they're 100% cotton and I don't have a tumble drier......

I may hate ironing them, but when I get into bed i do appreciate it!
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It was snowing this morning.

Ironing basket is empty here too.

DH has hurt his knee playing with our cat and is worried about work tomorrow.

Just been gently rehoming things to make space for presents. Still have a tummy bug so not up to much. DS2 has ripped his school coat so I'm about to sew it and hopefully get him a new one during the break. I'm still trying to meal plan.

Valli Thinking about the boy. Shocking. xx
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,885 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 December 2011 at 3:54PM
    Options
    why do I iron sheets?

'cos they're 100% cotton and I don't have a tumble drier......

I may hate ironing them, but when I get into bed i do appreciate it!

I iron mine, too. LOVE getting into a freshly-made, smooth-sheeted bed.

Been to get fuel and did my tyre check for free because I had bought fuel.:money:
    Picked up DD's laptop (having reserved it online through Quidco:money:so cashback is coming my way
    While I was there (PC world) bought 3 x £15 i-tunes cards for £35:money:
    :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Need to clean lounge before tree goes up
    need to iron, bring in washing, TD some washing
    Need to sort out that mess *points* and hopefully find my house keys :eek:

it's too much! it's all too much ....

;)
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh my, the hot smoked fish is superb. Well worth the effort if you have a spare biscuit/chocolate tin and some charcoal

http://fishcooking.about.com/od/smokebrine/ss/smokingfish.htm
    http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52813
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,885 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Hex!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,242 Forumite
    Options
    Hex - we smoke mackerel, chicken, duck and venison in much the same way... Although we use a tin with meths in under the smoker to heat it, which isn't quite as dramatic in terms of flames. Oak dust is traditionally used in this country, but we also have some NZ manuka smoke dust too... I will try to locate it (and the smoker!).

Coal scuttle filled, log baskets filled, kindling basket filled. Need to finish the washing up and try to get rid of the smell as I used an ancient bit of smoked mackerel to make kedgeree at lunchtime and the house is now a bit pongy :o

Other than that I have sat on the sofa all day and achieved nothing...
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Valli and Greenbee - I like the idea of Venison. We have lots of oak shavings from the kitchen so sticking with those although hickory smoked jack daniels ribs appeal atm.....

HHI anyone?
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport