PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th December 2011

Options

Comments

• ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Astronomy evening was good, would have liked it to have been longer and had some more time outside but it was only an hour long so I can't ask for much more.
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £600/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15893.61/£22787.04
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,886 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

And a huge THANKYOU to Martin and the MSE team - I happened to notice from the front page that the Soap and glory offer was back at Boots as of today! So as of 6am I had ordered one for collection in store on Wednesday! DD2 was miffed at missing out last year ...she won't be this year!
    I ordered mine at 3.40 am (because I woke up at that time) AND I remebered to do it through Quidco! I too pick up Weds - see you in Boots, Cycling!

Been ever so busy today THEN went to work to sell raffle tickets at the xmas fair. Organiser told me that we'd sold £800 worth (excellent prizes) so I said I'd better make it £1000 before the draw, then.

And I did!

I can barely walk now. Anyway I have xmas gifts given to me; my Amazons had been delivered to work so I have picked them up...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Mudbath
    Mudbath Posts: 5,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you to cycling yorkie and valli (and of course the MSE team). I just popped on the computer to try and stay awake waiting for DH to come back from doing the big christmas food shop. I'm was after a nice smelly gift for DD and saw your posts. Just ordered one which will be a perfect gift for her. Saves me going shopping for it too.

Very little flying but determined to stay awake so I can help put the shop away - he's been gone 2 hours so far!! xx
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Was spending the last day of peace blitzing, following a great school concert where the kids did really well, but Minion texted to say she'd been hit in the face with a snow/iceball and her brace had broken.

So, off to hospital, sitting in traffic for 45 minutes on a 10 mins drive due to something or another causing a jam, then waiting for a gap in the dentist schedule, fixing it and back again.

More cleaning, stuff moved and Minion is going to be lucky if she makes it to Xmas (well, disappearing off to KH from the Friday leaving me alone, anyhow) with the state of everything, as she cannot be arsed to shift one flaming finger to help.

Bah, humbug!
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,886 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 December 2011 at 10:41AM
    Options
    clearly a LOT of FLYING is going on nationwide as no-one's HERE :rotfl:

ankle throbbing - kept waking me up *wince* ibuprofen taken at 6:30 so I shall have some more shortly.

Plan for today - write and post cards (oops)
    do a tip run - have intelligently realised it would be a good idea to take the recycling, too, since I was 'given' loads after the xmas fair *roll eyes*
    Teachers gift received in staffroom and treated with the delight you would have thought we'd reserve for Messrs Depp, Clooney, Washington (and similar) bag of 1000 tea bags and HUGE tin of coffee!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all

Everybody a bit tetchy here today. I've made a cake for the boys for squash but still need to ice it, I'll do that now and then DH can take it down and I might send him off to look at a saddle and bike tyres as he wants those for Christmas.

I need to find some GUAG so I'll start in the kitchen and see if I can find it in there!
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • toochoosey
    toochoosey Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning all xx

Daily routines
    washing, T F S S
    swish and swipe kitchen W T F S S
    bathroom, W T F S S
    ironing, W T F S S
    making beds, T F S S
    vacuuming high traffic areas, W T F S S
    making meals W T F S S

Ok here goes this week!

Monday - kitchen and dining room
    level one
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Level three
    Polish the table

Tuesday - Living Room, Hall and Stairs, downstair loo
    Level 1
    Vacuum through the living room, hall and stairs
    Dust or wipe any surfaces you can
    Level 2
    HHI
    Make sure all toys have a home, can any be put away for a while or sort a drawer
    Clean the downstairs loo and basin
    Level 3
    Remove all hotspots into the box you started yesterday
    Extras
    Spend 15 minutes with your feet up thinking about your New Year resolutions.

Wednesday – any downstairs area which is left especially if it’s a room of doom
    Level 1
    Do a small job which you have been putting off
    Level 2
    Clear and Hoover floor
    Wipe all dusty areas with a damp cloth
    Level 3
    Wipe computer keyboard and mouse, clean the screen
    If you have been putting all your hotspots into a box/pile now is the time to deal with them
    Extras:
    Write a few more Christmas cards
    Update your address book

Thursday – Bathroom and Landing
    Level 2
    Clean baths, sinks and toilets
    Clean the floors right into the corners
    Level 3
    Clean the shower screen or wash the curtain
    Extras:
    Clean the mirrors

Friday/Weekend – Bedrooms – any or all your choose
    Level 1
    Change all the beds
    Hoover the bedrooms
    Level 2
    Dust all fluffy surfaces
    Kids to get those rooms totally tidy
    Half Hour Ironing
    Level 3
    Clean any window your choose
    Finish any outstanding jobs on your lists
    Sort some socks, get rid of any threadbare ones

More Christmas Challenges for those who want them

Monday
    Meal plan for the Christmas week, do you need stuffing, cranberry sauce, what about crackers or party popper. Please share your meal plans with all of us!

All organised then make something for the freezer for the New Year

Tuesday
    Wrap any presents you need before the 25th, gifts for teachers or friends. Do you need to give Christmas Boxes to milkmen, window cleaners etc or has this tradition died?

All done, sort your present drawer for the rest of the year and see what gaps there are which you could fill in the January sales, write a list now.
    Wednesday
    Done x

Thursday
    It simple today my friends get all those cards which have to be posted written, addressed and stamped.

Going to print off the list and me and DD are going to try and get the majority done before sitting on the sofa and watch films!!

Hope all are well and have a good day xx
  • jjef
    jjef Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Uni finished for me its been a long two weeks and not the best of weather to be travelling back and forward from Dundee.

I need to make a list and see what needs doing the house definetly, need to finish writing the cards which are hand delivered and sort out a list for anything which ineed to buy, the girls dont finish school until Thursday so i have a few days to get things sorted when they arent around.

Off to make a list be warned it will be long.
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Valli
    Some winter days, if the choice was between Mr Depp and a cup of tea, the tea would win. :o
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 December 2011 at 11:08AM
    Options
    Lots to do today, both in cleaning and building works terms. Need to go to BnQ for plasterboard, second time this week - can't fit everything in, I do miss my 110 Defender. The kitchen walls and floor should be finished by tomorrow night and I need to order worktops and flooring this weekend. It won't be finished for Christmas :cool: but I would rather it was done properly than rushed.

I bought a whole salmon yesterday from Makro (£4.99/kg, apparently the same in Morrisons, and £4 in Asda) and we want to convert the fish kettle into an oak smoker so we can hot smoke it which will also mean recycling oak chippings from my under construction kitchen :D.

The whole house is a complete tip and we now are likely to have an unplanned guest from C'mas Eve so I need to add a veggie option to my meal plans and do lots of tidying.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport