PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th December 2011

Options

Comments

• cyclingyorkie
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    oh my!

Have received an e mail from the bloke I was seeing last year with photographs - goodness knows what he was thinking! Picture of fluffy toys he had and one of him - clearly taken on a warm day or with the heating on!!!

Think I shall ignore - though I don't like to appear rude. Shame there isn't a 'reject' option then it could show up in his inbox as a failed delivery.

Anyway Christmas cards posted.

:eek::eek::eek: - i think ignoring it is the best policy!

Hugs and spoons to all who need...

I am clearing a week's ironing whilst watching DVDs - those of a certain age may remember the goodies and the beanstalk....:rotfl::rotfl:
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • bonnie_bumpkins
    Options
    Afternoon all!!

Thanks for the job-securing vibes LW and welcome Sidney! Also thinking of Mr LW and his difficult anniversary this week.

Poor lad in your DD's year valli :( how terrible, my heart goes out to him.

The bumpkin teens are lolling about and getting on my nerves. One is tired (cos he got up ridiculously early when he didn't need to) and one is cold (cos she won't get off her rear end and do stuff so she keeps warm). I did say I'd buy a chinese takeaway this evening but I'm not sure they deserve it....

Not much flying here, just washing towels and general s&s ing. The light is going rapidly so I'd better go and shut all the curtains now to keep us cosy.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

BBxx
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • bonnie_bumpkins
    Options

I am clearing a week's ironing whilst watching DVDs - those of a certain age may remember the goodies and the beanstalk....:rotfl::rotfl:

Ooooh, that brings back memories :rotfl: not seen it in a long time, must try to pick up a copy :p
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,885 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Geronimoo! I have very vague memories of a giant kitten too.

Not a huge amount of tidying done yet but the DW went on again and the WM/TD. The salmon has been filleted and is now being brined ready for hot smoking tomorrow. The dregs of the fish have been stripped and cooked for fishcakes for tonights dinner.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • boddy
    boddy Posts: 3,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thursday – Bathroom and Landing
    Level 1

[STRIKE]Remove anything from these areas which doesn’t belong here[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Is it time for a new toothbrush? Especially important if you have been unwell[/STRIKE]
    Level 2
    [STRIKE]Clean baths, sinks and toilets[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clean the floors right into the corners[/STRIKE]
    Level 3
    [STRIKE]Clean the shower screen or wash the curtain[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Throw away anything old and yucky[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wipe window ledges and dusty areas[/STRIKE]

Extras:
    Use vinegar to descale around taps and plugs
    [STRIKE]Degunk the drains with soda crystals and hot water[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Check supplies of soap, shampoo etc to last over Christmas[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clean the mirrors[/STRIKE]

Friday/Weekend – Bedrooms – any or all your choose
    Level 1

[STRIKE]Change all the beds[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Hoover the bedrooms[/STRIKE]
    Level 2
    [STRIKE]Dust all fluffy surfaces[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Half Hour Ironing[/STRIKE]
    Level 3
    [STRIKE]Clean any window your choose[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Finish any outstanding jobs on your lists[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Sort some socks, get rid of any threadbare ones[/STRIKE]

Well Im really pleased with the way the house is looking.
    All presents wrapped just ready to sort into piles.

DD so pleased with her new heating system. It was put it on Thursday and her ex in laws started decorating yesterday and will do the papering tomorrow so she is all done for xmas.

DD told me we have an extra for xmas lunch. Her ex MILs brother has a learning disability and had rang to see if he could go to the MILs for dinner. So DD said just pick him up and bring him with you to mine for his lunch. She is so kind. She said she would have cried at the thought of him being on his own. Im just glad we all still get on together and we will all have a great time at DDs. Just hope my cooking goes down ok lol.

Valli My thoughts and prayers are with the poor boy.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Boddy what a lovely DD you have

Polly - that made me laugh about your soup blending

Valli - poor boy, what a dreadful thing to happen.

MrsChaos lovely to see you

Hex - such a fab idea

It's been a productive day, all bedrooms now cleaned and tidied bar DS2 who is having a major sort and move around in his room, there is a massive box of stuff to rehome. Down stairs is going to need a lot of attention next week but the aim will be to keep on top of upstairs.

Another 2 presents sorted and another 3 deliveries turned up. Only one thing outstanding now but I only ordered it Thursday.

DH has been in a fixing mood so lots of little jobs done and we managed to buy him a new jacket in town, he was so cold when he got home last night so money well spent.

Going to do 15 minutes finding the kitchen, then dinner then a strictly bonanza with ironing and Christmas card writing.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • bonnie_bumpkins
    Options
    Ooooh thanks valli. You are indeed a genius. :D

Speakers don't appear to be working on the old desktop PC so I will have to wait my turn on DD's laptop - mine needs professional attention which will have to wait until I am gainfully employed :o

My entertainment for the evening is sorted! I'd forgotten the giant kitten as well. I'm really excited now (don't get out much, can you tell). I also have fond memories of the banana splits on Saturday mornings and can still hum the theme tune. La la laaa la-la-la laaa etc :o

Time for a lie down I think
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 December 2011 at 6:49PM
    Options
    • [STRIKE]Dailies in the kitchen [/STRIKE]
    • At least make a start on getting the front room ready for decorations. started, but not got far
    • [STRIKE]Update budget[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]and do some shopping[/STRIKE]
    • Finish any internet shopping
    • [STRIKE]collate,[/STRIKE] sort and start laundry
    • strip and re-make beds (DS2 has stripped his)
    Not too bad. I really, really don't know what to get for OH and MIL, though... Found some things but then saw that they won't be delivered until January or even later. I think DS2's list is still at work, too. I can call on Monday morning when I've been to the post office to collect parcels.

I've made a start on tea and am contemplating one of the Mary Berry recipes from the Daily Mail for afters - either apple desert cake or ginger spiced pudd. Lots of apples to use, so I think that's sorted.
  • bikelesschick
    Options
    I've not been able to do much at all this week due to DH needing some help, work, etc so I'm a bit behind :o

I'll do the bathrooms tonight and bedrooms tomorrow.

I need to catch up with my accounts as well so I'll try to do that tonight as well if I can.

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Monday - kitchen and dining room

all done

Tuesday - Living Room, Hall and Stairs, downstair loo
    all done but...
    Spend 15 minutes with your feet up thinking about your New Year resolutions - really not sure what this will be.

Wednesday
    need to write a few more Christmas cards...

Thursday – Bathroom and Landing
    Level 2
    Clean baths, sinks and toilets
    Clean the floors right into the corners
    Level 3
    Wipe window ledges and dusty areas
    Extras:

Clean the mirrors

Friday/Weekend – Bedrooms – any or all your choose
    Level 1

Hoover the bedrooms
    Level 2