Lulabelle's MFW Diary

Options

Comments

• Hey Lulabelle,

Great news that your handbag sold... glad you managed your separation anxiety by distancing yourself through a dust bag!
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The next bag is prepped and already in her dustbag...... I'm just deciding whether to accept the BIN offer that I've had on her.... a little bit less than I'd hoped for but I think I may have set my sights too high on this one as I've had a few similar offers now and it's been running for 10 days....

I guess it's better to have the cash in hand... and a girl has carpets to pay for you know!

Gloves arrived and have been packed up ready to return.

I think i may me a serial buyer and returner... I wonder if the Dr can give me a prescription for it?
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Feeling loads better thanks, I am still being sick randomly due to the mad pregnancy hormones! At least he had eaten carrots, its when they turn up all unexpectantly I can never cope with it :rotfl: Enough puke talk :D Hope he is better!

Your house work sounds exciting. We are in the middle of spending money on our house, we don't want to move so want to spend money improving things for ourselves. It still pains me to fork out the cash though when my savings account has been fed so little these last few weeks. I don't think I could ever move. We were FTB buying an empty house, the whole thing took 4 weeks from viewing to getting the keys and it was by far one of the most stressful periods of my life (up there with major family deaths!) - I can't cope with people who take months to move which is what happens in most house moves. I think it would send me off the edge! :rotfl:

I'm a bit of a serial buyer and returner - or buying things twice because I found them cheaper a day later :o Accept the bag offer, you'll be glad of it :)
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Thanks for your post ammonite!
    Firstly, I'm glad you are feeling better. When is the little one due?
    Secondly, thanks for reminding me of how hideous the house moving experience is. Its definitely not something that I want to experienc again any time soon. So, decorating it is!
    Thirdly, thank you for making me feel better about my compulsive returning disorder. I also do the same as you and buy things twice if they go in the sale after I've just purchased. If I'm going to buy things, I want to do it in the most money saving way possible.

I'm off to accept the BIN offer now..........
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    lulabelle1 wrote: »
    Good news - I sold one of my handbags. I'd put her in her dustbag (yes I refer to my bags as "her" and "she")
    Am I the only one reading this who doesn't find it remotely strange :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done for accepting the BIN offer. I'm dithering whether to accept an offer I've had for my gorgeous bedding set and curtains (used only twice in guest room, cost me £100). Don't seem to sell well on eBay, had an offer of £20 but as I know it cost me £100 I feel like this is a bit low - alternative is to hang on to it and try to sell it around March/April next year for about an extra £10 or just get rid now for £20. I know you can buy cheap bedding sets for about £30 anyway brand new so really should just accept the £20. Ahh dither dither!
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    That's a tricky one ammonite..... Do you definitely not need them anymore? Perhaps hold out a little bit longer for a better price... Or what about selling the bedding set and curtains separately? Free listing today so you could start each item at a higher price than 99p without paying anything.....

Well, I accepted the offer on the bag and the buyer hasn't paid! I've messages them a few times and sent the invoice but nada. So annoying. I've given them until Monday to make contact and then I'll have to raise wa dispute with eBay to get my fees back and list the bag again.......

Had a lovely day with my sister in Nottingham yesterday. Had a lovely lunch and a bottle of wine - that was our indulgence! Oh, we had a Starbucks too in the afternoon which was lovely.

I bought a mini gingerbread man snow globe Christmas dec for £3.50 and some jammies for the boys for Christmas. Santa will drop them off in Christmas eve along with Arthur Christmas .... Timed just after the boys have had their bath, makes for a nice little Christmas eve tradition.

I didn't really go in many shops it was just lovely to have some quality time with my sister as we don't really get the chance to spend any time together.

I've been lazy today. Ds2 seems to have relapsed a little bit and is having an afternoon nap and not feeling too well.

Finally got round to sorting out the garden for winter today... Just a few months too late. BBQ is now in the garage and all of the cushions are in frm the sofa. Covers have been stripped and are now in the washing machine ready to pack everything away in the loft until spring.

DH is currently booking tickets for us to go to the local theatre to see the Christmas panto.

I need to go and pack, Tenerife tomorrow until Wednesday with work... Flying from gatwick so a bit of a treck in the morning, I just hope that the traffic is kind to me. I land at around midnight on wed night, so I think I will stay at an airport hotel when get back rather than driving home.
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    My little one ending up being sick again bless him. He's tucked up in bed again now and hopefully no more sickness. DH is going to stay at home with him tomorrow as I'm going away. It's horrible going away with work sometimes but really awful if one of the children aren't feeling well. I've cancelled trips before but some are easier to cancel than others.
  • Oh dear, poor DS. Any carrot this time?!?!
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • moneycurious
    Options
    Hope the little ones ok.... and that you had a lovely time in Tenerife ( even with work!!)
    Dec 2011 £141,000 / dec 2013 £135,000/ Jan 2014 £131,000 / July 2014 £129 000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport