Lulabelle's MFW Diary

Options

Comments

• lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes - he'd ate a fair few carrots - they are his favourite thing. Although, puke always seems to have carrot in it regardless of whether you've actually eaten any! Hope you are feeling better now?

I'll consider it as spoiling my savings going forwards rather than cheating on my mortgage balance.

The coat arrived and I have repacked straight away so that it can be returned. Just waiting for them to confirm when it will be collected.

2 ebay items posted yesterday. Rcvd payment for the 3rd item last night, so it will be posted later today.

Have yet to list the baby monitor, might find some time to do it later. I need to check that it still works first.

Still trying to sell one of my bags - maybe I am expecting too much. I'll let it run on buy it now for a while and then perhaps just send to auction. Or, perhaps I will wait until March/April time which will be a much better time to sell it as people will have more disposable income then compared to now with it being the run up to Christmas..... I'll give it some thought and in the mean time pack it away in the wardrobe.

DH has been paid, so a little more money shuffling to do.
  • Gross about the puke... I can deal with all manner of guts and gore but run a mile at puke!
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    ***Major Spend Alert***

We've been putting it off for ages but it's just getting embarrassing. We're having new carpets! We're also going to buy a new hoover (in fact I've just ordered it) as ours died ages ago AND we're going to have the hall, stairs and landing painted.

I'm feeling sick in the stomach about the cost and really don't like to spend the money but the place needs a bit of TLC to keep it looking nice.

We found ourselves on rightmove yesterday...... We're not ready for a big move and the last thing we want is extra financial commitment, so we figured if we spent a little bit of money on making this place extra nice, that would be the best thing to do all round.

DH is also thinking about whether it would be possible to spruce up the kitchen and replace some units etc etc - but I'm pretty sure that if we go down this route we will get carried away and end up with a new kitchen. I've said we should look in to it but I'm hoping that when he finds out the true cost that he might have second thoughts and be happy with a lick of paint instead. Lets see.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Ooh ooh - just had a look at 'String' lulabelle, it's gorgeous. Fabulous colour for a hall.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Thanks Fortune - I think I'll pick another one too and then get some sample pots to be on the safe side.....
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    I hope your son's fully recovered from the carrot/fish throwing up incident - poor wee thing:)

I think you are doing EXACTLY the right thing by doing up your home, I am of the opinion that as long as the house suits you size-wise/has the potential to be adapted (don't forget our LCW pact), is is an good neighbourhood - schools/amenities etc. and the neighbours are not psycho nut-jobs, then DON'T MOVE.

The financial (fees:eek:) and emotional drain (viewers:eek:) can be :eek::eek::eek: so why not stay put for a wee while longer and fall back in love with your home:heart2:

I think you're like me in terms of savings V O/Ps V spends. Spends aren't necessarily a bad thing as a nice environment is crucial to our emotional wellbeing and health.

Well that's what I think anyway:D

Unless you move up to Scotland and visit me, in which case go for it:p
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Hi Natty!

Little guy is pretty much back to his normal self now but still not eating as much as he normally does.... Takes a few days I guess.

Overall we're happy here (although a LC would be even better), so I guess it's money well spent if it makes the place lovelier.

We'll try and do everything as financially efficient as possible without compromising on quality iykwim. Once the MS habits are in place it's surprisingly painful and uncomfortable to spend money!

Hope all is well with you, popping over to check your diary.... Xx (maybe I could just lift this house up and move it to Scotland to save selling/buying!)
  • nattypants
    Options
    If you're not up to anything, Kirstie's Vintage Home on C4 - looks good!

Catch up soon X
  • nattypants
    Options
    lulabelle1 wrote: »
    Once the MS habits are in place it's surprisingly painful and uncomfortable to spend money!

I think that's the Jedi-ways of Tilly that gets us thinking like this;)
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Doh! Missed your post re Kirstie's perfect home or whatever it's called... I like those programmes but find them to be such a tease! I watched Young Apprentice instead....

Dh is calling the carpet man this morning to get things organised and hopefully to try and negotiate a bit of a better price.

No news on the new hoover, I need to check my Amazon account to see when it will be on its way - I think it's because I always go for the free super saver delivery (tight wad).

Looking forward to seeing my sister tomorrow but we're forecast rain which is a bit of a pita.

The sheepskin gloves still didn't arrive...... I'm pretty sure that I will just send them straight back anyway. Now that all of this spending is going on I'm having second thoughts about the need to have warm hands. (Although they were a bargain - Ugg bailey button gloves reduced to £59 instead of £100+ via Asos...)

Good news - I sold one of my handbags. I'd put her in her dustbag (yes I refer to my bags as "her" and "she") a few days ago, so I just popped her straight in to a box to package as I couldn't bare to have to look at her before I sent her off to her new mummy. Sad cow, I know!

I'd still like to sell one more. I have one listed on flebay but I'm not sure whether that is the one I should be selling so I might end this one and sell a different one instead. Decisions decisions!

Feels good to have made a sale though, just a bag after all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport