Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Evening Gally, plan B it is then :T

My little blue car is going up for sale this week :(. However, it is part of our decluttering so a step in the right direction.

Night, Tilly xx
    Wouldn't it be nice to retire little blue car to the sun? I wish I'd done that with mine :(
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,991 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rather like plan B myself :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be nice to retire little blue car to the sun? I wish I'd done that with mine :(

Portugal has a bonkers tax system for importing cars and I'd pay more in tax than the car is worth, by miles :(

I can't even buy one in Spain and take it in, too expensive.

Tilly xxx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • gallygirl
    Options
    Portugal has a bonkers tax system for importing cars and I'd pay more in tax than the car is worth, by miles :(

I can't even buy one in Spain and take it in, too expensive.

Tilly xxx
    The law has just changed here to matriculate overseas cars, making it virtually impossible for older cars. Of course, no-one actually knew about the change till someone tried to do it :wall::wall::wall:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    All sounding good Mrs T - glad you're getting through all the jobs and have a plan or two in train :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning Brizzle, we finally have sun today - just hoping it hangs around long enough to do some gardening :)

Update time - car has sold, paid for and gone :(:). Sad but it was time. I've claimed £200 in various types of vouchers from CP, S&S. Mr T did a F2F survey last week and received £60 in cash.

Mr T sorted out car insurance for the remaining cars and existing provider quoted £875 :eek: He went through TCB, improved cover for £450 plus £63 cash back.

Heading to Hampton Court this weekend to see the show, with a lovely MFWer - fingers crossed it stays dry.

That's all for now.

Best wishes Tilly
  • gallygirl
    Options
    Morning Brizzle, we finally have sun today - just hoping it hangs around long enough to do some gardening :)
    We haven't :rotfl:, though it is forecast for later :).
    Update time - car has sold, paid for and gone :(:). Sad but it was time.
    :hello: bye bye little car :(
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    bye bye little car :(

I think I've guaranteed sun for the rest of the summer now :rotfl:

I am just about to hang my washing out :T

Tilly xxx
  • misscousinitt
    misscousinitt Posts: 3,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I think I've guaranteed sun for the rest of the summer now :rotfl:

I am just about to hang my washing out :T

Tilly xxx

Lets hope so Tilly

MCI x
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Weird day on the weather front. It's dark clouds yet sunny at the same time.

I'm currently sitting on the sofa with poorly Tilly boy dog :(. He is definitely feeling sorry for himself. I'm picking Mr T up from the station this evening and hopefully that will cheer boy dog up. He doesn't even want to bother with his favourite cat. She's just walked in front of the sofa and he hasn't even looked up :(:(

Right, money news - spent £12 on having car cleaned inside and out. I fully appreciate that I could have saved that by doing it myself but time is running out before we go away and my list of jobs is getting longer. Popped into Mr Ms and picked up a large punnet of grapes for £1, plus more oxtail reduced to £1 :eek:

I had wanted to have a pedicure but Mr T has said he'll paint my toe nails - lovely man.

Roast chicken with all the trimmings for tonight - given the dark sky, we may as well be in Autumn. I am completely fed up with the weather and my enthusiasm for cooking has disappeared. I'm hoping it returns in Portugal. I'm taking a recipe MWC has cooked and hopefully that will light a spark.

I think it could be cup of tea time - sadly no scones to accompany it.

Best wishes Tilly xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills