Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Aww, hope the boy dog cheers up soon, poor thing.

I went to a wedding at the end of May, and one of the things I really enjoyed about the preparation was painting my toenails again - I loved it :) and I happened to find a colour that exactly matched my dress!

I'll be drinking a cuppa tea with you on the patio - I have sunshine and fluffy clouds.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Aww, hope the boy dog cheers up soon, poor thing.

I went to a wedding at the end of May, and one of the things I really enjoyed about the preparation was painting my toenails again - I loved it :) and I happened to find a colour that exactly matched my dress!

I'll be drinking a cuppa tea with you on the patio - I have sunshine and fluffy clouds.

I've just sent Gally a picture from the sitting room, as we now have sun without dark clouds :T

Boy dog is lying on the lawn in the sun - poorly foot tucked out of sight.

Tilly xxxxx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I've just sent Gally a picture from the sitting room, as we now have sun without dark clouds :T
    ....... and she told me to b***** off when I replied with our weather forecast :rotfl:.

:grouphug:for boy dog :(
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,940 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    she clearly has a way with words :) Hope boy dog improving x
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    ....... and she told me to b***** off when I replied with our weather forecast :rotfl:.

:grouphug:for boy dog :(
    Watty1 wrote: »
    she clearly has a way with words :) Hope boy dog improving x

Boy dog cheered up as soon as Mr T walked through the door :rotfl: However, I've bathed his foot (boy dog not Mr T) in salt water and will carry on for the next few days. He's going for his holiday in a week and I want him back to normal.

DS and a friend took girl dog for a mahoosive walk today. She is definitely out of puff and has been lying down since.

Back soon
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, the :) is out.

What a difference it makes to mood, energy, zest for life.

Boy dog had a cuddle on the bed with me, for over an hour last night. He is such a gentle soul and it's sad to see him under the weather. Dogs are such clever animals. Mr T told him it was time to go to his bed and we are both sure he pretended to still be asleep. He seems much better this morning. Good job we have a mahoosive bed, he's a big boy. Boy dog, not Mr T :rotfl:

Car insurance money has tracked, £63, which is more than expected.

Menu planning for August needs to be done. Economy Gastronomy, plus two Moroccan books are 'books of the month'. I'm doing the plan today and will plan my shopping lists.

Phone ringing....

Tilly xxx
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I love hearing about your menu plans Tilly. I wish I could be as organised but it is tough only being at home for weekends. This is something I will definitely prioritise when I am permanently at home again.
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £400/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Afternoon, the sun is shining :)

Today has been mainly running around doing jobs. I almost have lists of lists and am extremely thankful for the task feature on my phone. Lovely feeling of satisfaction when I tick something off.

£ to € rate is abysmal and I'm thankful we moved some money abroad before the referendum. I picked up some euros to have in my purse this morning and it looks like we could be 1/1 soon enough.

My boy dog is much improved and I'm sure the extra attention was well spent. Girl dog, on the other hand, was showing how miffed she was this morning. Barking at 5am for breakfast - I don't think so girlie.

Annual travel insurance sorted for DD and half the price of the renewal quote. I am shocked by the way insurance companies try it on.

Car topped up with fuel for Sunday's Hampton Court trip. Really looking forward to a mooch around and fingers crossed we have sun.

Mr T seems to be working more from home again which is a frustration as I can't get into the study. I'm setting up my own 'study' when I'm back from hols :). I think this will make me more productive.

I'm pretty much on top of the 'running the household' jobs and two excel files are updated again, covering all pensions, bank accounts, credit cards, wills, life insurances. These are for the kids should anything disastrous happen. I've diarised to review quarterly and make any changes.

Haven't seen our lodger this week. His early starts and late finishes definitely make him a perfect lodger. Money in our bank, keeps his room immaculately and he's only here 3 nights a week.

I'd better clean his bathroom now.

Best wishes Tilly xx
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    What a surprise, the sun has disappeared again :(

Roll on moving to Portugal.

Everything is sorted for trip now and I'm collecting DD from a two week trip shortly. We've been invited to school for a presentation evening - not sure if that means DS has won someone or has been shortlisted. Fingers crossed :)

Tilly Tidying is still going well and my bathrooms, kitchen, fireplaces, underfloor heating pots are complete, unless the prices go up ridiculously which is always a risk.

Dinner tonight is fish and chips after we return from the school event. Busy week and everyone deserves a night off.

Best wishes Tilly xx
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Washing and ironing finished.
    Car packed and food for trip ready.
    HM pizza being prepared by Mr T and cooked outside.
    Lists ticked off.

That looks such a short list but it's taken all day and I'm knackered.

Soooooo looking forward to going away. Good stuff planned and will be on the beach for a bbq Wednesday night :)

Happy days xxxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills