🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    All sounding briliant..well done :) And thats a tidy profit. Awesome.
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Stuff I put on FB FOC has been collected :T

Two more things sold on eB :T

Brizzle and Karmacat, it has been very energising and the house and garden definitely have benefitted.

Pulled pork in the SC, smells lovely, HM coleslaw and rolls for supper. Menu plan redone for end May and first two weeks of June are completed.

I feel like we are coming up for air on multiple levels.

Best wishes Tilly xx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Pulled pork in the SC, smells lovely,
    What recipe did you use Tilly? I made a lovely recipe a few months ago but it was heavy on the honey and, bizarrely, parmesan so not exactly low cal :eek:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    i've never known pulled pork to be anything more than a joint and the large part of a bottle of bbq sauce on top with some onions and spices as desired GG, what else have you seen in recipes for it?
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    i've never known pulled pork to be anything more than a joint and the large part of a bottle of bbq sauce on top with some onions and spices as desired GG, what else have you seen in recipes for it?
    gallygirl wrote: »
    What recipe did you use Tilly? I made a lovely recipe a few months ago but it was heavy on the honey and, bizarrely, parmesan so not exactly low cal :eek:.

Morning, here we go:

Serves 4

2 onions sliced
    1.5 kg boned and rolled pork shoulder
    2 tbs Demerara sugar
    2 tbs American mustard - I use whatever is in fridge
    2 tbs tomato ketchup
    1 tbs cider vinegar
    S&P

Onions on bottom, pork next then mix everything else together and pour over pork. I cook on high for 30 mins then low for about 7-9 hours.

Mmmmmmmmm

Tilly xx
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sounds lush. Do you cook in the SC or conventional oven?
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Sounds lush. Do you cook in the SC or conventional oven?

Morning Brizzle, I always cook it in SC and often overnight, in the garage :).

Tilly xxx
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Afternoon, happy Sunday - the rain forecast for today is holding off and Mr T has moved some trellis. Outside dining space looks much better and the new furniture suits the space.

I've tackled the paper mountain plus financials, whilst sat outside using stones to stop my papers flying away :rotfl: Must have looked like a mad woman but it's done.

Back to not prevaricating and doing things straight away. Definitely helps my brain.

Best wishes Tilly X
  • HelenDaveKids
    HelenDaveKids Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It always feel like Summer coming when we get to start doing stuff in the garden
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning Helen, I love the light mornings and evenings. We just need the weather to behave :). I looked at the BH forecast and boy can you tell it's a BH - heavy rain forecast :(

Anyway, if it rains, we will just crack on with clearing out the loft. Even after emptying it completely, at some point during my diary years, it is a tip again :eek: I need to sell some chairs and another piece of furniture before the stuff can go into the garage though. I feel like we have a Tetris challenge going on.

By the end of 2016 we will have cleared the loft completely. Sorted the garage with sufficient space to keep the stuff from the loft that we intend retaining. Sold all furniture that won't be moving with us. Made the house straight forward to let, by removing things we know could cost money to maintain.

Right, tea beckons then driving to see mum, collecting DD on the way.

Tilly xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business