Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

November 2011 - Grocery Challenge - Page 35

New Post Advanced Search

November 2011 - Grocery Challenge

edited 26 October 2011 at 6:52PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.1K replies 90.5K views

Replies

• :mad: I keep going over, it may seem like very little... but it all adds up! and I hardly ever go over and normally make it up overall... not good :mad:

Totals so far:

Big Monthly Bulk Shop £100.31/£100 :doh:
    Week 1 £25.65/£25 :doh:
    Week 2 £25.67/£25 :doh:
    Week 3 £0/£25
    Week 4 £0/£25

Total £151.63/£200 (28th October - 24th November)

NB. Confirmation Budget £10.32/£10 :doh:
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • I have done really well this week, spent £14 in Iceland, £10 in Morissons on essentials and £2 on bread and bits in co-op.

Really chuffed, although not through choice, as the last £20 in my purse had to go into petrol for both cars :( :eek:

Roll on payday. :mad:

I wish i knew why i was so bad with money :(
    Nov GC - £200
  • mandcomandco Forumite
    791 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    off to a good start this month with a little help from mr t
    had to pick up something from the direct desk so picked up a few bits i was gonna wait till the weekend for and a pair of school shoes the bill was slightly higher than i'd expected and on checking the shoes had gone through at 4p :T and the b1g2f hadnt been applied so dtd meant i got the lot for free :j

another nsd today as avoiding the shops with the hope of managing at least 2 more nsd this week. aiming for 3 a week which is pretty optimisic as i only usually manage that a month but its all the small shops that are doing the most damage to the budget.its deceiving as when its only a few quid here and there you dont really think your spending much but when you add it all up it can be pretty shocking.

goodluck everyone
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • sistercassistercas Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    spiggle liking the 'nuclear core' :D

back from a!di and t3sco spent £36 and £51 respectively , think ive got everything for the week for everybody . picked up a whoopsied aromatic duck and pancakes for £1.75 - its something the teens love but i cant normally afford it , so they will really pleased with that tonight :)

need to meal plan ( i know i should have meal planned before i went shopping ) but this way i know i can plan more easily around the stuff i have bought IYSWIM
  • boultdjboultdj Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another £20,24 to add, but £12 of that was on meat, and I'v got a meat 'n potatoe filling cooking as I type.
    Grocery Challenge
    July £350/ £87.17
    2020 club
  • meanmariemeanmarie Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Visit to Lidl this morning, so total now at €85.23, leaving me with €3.69 per day to end of month....better get a few NSDs in.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • greentgreent Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Addional spend of £1.30 to declare, bringing ttd to £24.49 - Dh went to the chippy when I was out last night - at least he got a pie out of the freezer, rather than a chippy pie, I suppose!
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786 12/19 £48986 2020 OPs (#18) £4980/6K
    Net sales 2020 £573.28/£500 Decluttering: 1565/2020
  • prepareathomeprepareathome Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Well yesterday was NSD but today wages day and as hubby didn't have any extra hours today we went shopping today instead of Saturday. Spent £18. in Cool Trader but was good just replaced what we had used in past week, then went to Poundland and spent £8 but they are things that will not to be replaced for a while, then popped into greengrocer and picked up a bag of onions - 5 massive onions £1. Then Argos where I bought a few items - the CD/MP3/USB player - £29.99 pleased with price as exact same one on Amazon £44.99 ( checked my old one and found its not working, had it years so not complaining)I am not including in GS but will include the batteries - some for the player as no size C - bought two packs (8) which they use in and checked my batteries and discovered have lots of AAA but only one AAA so bought two packs (16). Didn't bother going to Sainsburys for milk as we still have two 4pt cartons untouched in fridge so they will do us till Monday at least. So total spend for today £43, have updated my sig. So hoping no spending till next week now - when I go to Sainsburys I will replace the wet food my youngest dog has used since last week.
    :rotfl:C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z # 1 prepareathome - baker, premium prepper (hence member #1), topic keeper:rotfl:
    Sealed Pot Member1433:2011 £119.12/2012-? Save £12k in 2012 No 126
    Stopped Smoking Wed 25th Jan 2012
  • Cat501Cat501 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    oops - £30.98 in Tesco today, lots of tinned tomatoes (it's becoming a bit of an compulsion), BOG2F hotdogs and beans, doughnuts, other bits and bobs and 3 chilled meals because too tired to cook for the kids. Oh well, back on track tomorrow:o
  • edited 3 November 2011 at 6:32PM
    recovering_spendaholicrecovering_spendaholic Forumite
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 November 2011 at 6:32PM
    Made a sausage casserole for tonight's meal and made yorkshire puddings to serve it in (instead of potatoes) - so it was a bit like sausage and onion gravy in yorkshires. Had it ready and DD2 phoned to say she was having tea at her friend's house and DD1 went and got a subway and is now fast asleep on the couch after staying out all night with Univeristy friends.... So now I have a whole sausage casserole to try and do something with. Will it keep in the fridge for tomorrow as the sausages I used were frozen and defrosted? Also can I re-heat yorkshire puddings or will they go either like cardboard or all soggy?

Just went round to Mr T for spread and they had no B1G2F beans!! So I got my spread, an apple juice (for me), a loaf reduced to 29p and a box of Festive fancies (Mr Kipling) for £1.04 as I love them!! So £4 to add to my total. Hope they get more beans in as I like the Branston ones best, although the Coral ones from Aldi are nice too and are only 26p a tin. The Aldi tinned tomatoes are lovely too.

I cleared otu the salad box in the fridge before and found a punnet of tomatoes which I got for 10p which were all soft, but not mouldy so I made some tomato, red onion and chilli relish. Have put it in jars so don't know what it will be like yet - here is the recipe:

500g tomatoes
    1 medium red onion
    pinch of dried chilli flakes
    8fl oz balsamic vinegar (I used half balsamic and half light malt)
    4 tbs sugar
    clove of garlic
    salt and pepper (I used about a flat tsp of salt and same of pepper)

You just blitz the tomatoes (no need to skin or de-seed), onion and garlic in the food processor and then put in a pan with the sugar, chilli, salt and pepper and vinegar and bring to the boil. Once at boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours before putting in sterilised jars. This made 2 jam sized jars for me. Smells amazing!
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!