Co-Op bank - £200 if you switch to them

Options

Comments

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    lju wrote: »
    Just done the above, been told switch was one day over allowed time so can't credit money. Have escalated coamplaint!

So originally they told you '15th April' and now, only once you've actually phoned them have they realised you aren't entitled to it anyway? Ridiculous.
  • Autumn86
    Autumn86 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    Is this offer open online at the moment?
  • ejv
    ejv Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Autumn86 wrote: »
    Is this offer open online at the moment?
    Was withdrawn in a month ?15 Nov 2011
  • lju
    lju Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shenanigan wrote: »
    So originally they told you '15th April' and now, only once you've actually phoned them have they realised you aren't entitled to it anyway? Ridiculous.

Exactly. They were not interested in doing anything at all until I informed them that the switch not completing in 14 days was down to them and not me. He then said as it was only 1 day over he thinks I will get the £200 but he is not authorised to do it hence complaint being made.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Exactly. They were not interested in doing anything at all until I informed them that the switch not completing in 14 days was down to them and not me. He then said as it was only 1 day over he thinks I will get the £200 but he is not authorised to do it hence complaint being made.

There was no requirement for the switch to be completed in 14 days. Mine took nearly 2 months and I have received the £200.
    The requirement was that the switch was applied for within 14 days of account opening.
  • lju
    Options
    noh wrote: »
    There was no requirement for the switch to be completed in 14 days. Mine took nearly 2 months and I have received the £200.
    The requirement was that the switch was applied for within 14 days of account opening.

Even better! I recorded the phone call anyway so it will be interesting if they refuse the £200 given the manager has lied to me.
  • ejv
    ejv Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I recorded the phone call
    Bravo........:D
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    Even better! I recorded the phone call anyway so it will be interesting if they refuse the £200 given the manager has lied to me.

Did you inform them that you were recording the phone call? If not then you could be in trouble should you depend on that recording.
  • lju
    Options
    Gromitt wrote: »
    Did you inform them that you were recording the phone call? If not then you could be in trouble should you depend on that recording.

I have truecall and always inform every company I telephone that I will be recording the call :T
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    Fair enough and good on you. Lets see them try and squeeze their way out of this one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure