Co-Op bank - £200 if you switch to them

Options

Comments

• musicman100
    musicman100 Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Yes I think that martin should look into this since I think he put it in an e-mail and told people about it.

I can't believe a bank which has been voted in Which as a good bank has dealt with this this in such a bad way.

How do we contact Martin?
    Back in the UK after living in austria
  • ejv
    ejv Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    the problem with the financial ombudsman is that it is a fag to fill in paperwork etc

Could you elaborate on this, please...

I've written complaint to Co-Op on 2/4/12 after being fed up of their CS.I've received their acknowledgement that they are looking into it and get back to me. I don't think they'll to do so :mad:and considering FOS referral after 8 weeks.

Could you explain the procedure please?
  • jalexa
    jalexa Posts: 3,448 Forumite
    edited 27 April 2012 at 4:52PM
    Options
    , the problem with the financial ombudsman is that it is a fag to fill in paperwork etc

I disagree. There is an online template which is just about big enough for this issue. It will fit if you give thought to the structure of your complaint.

I have just done that following the bungled closure of the barely opened account. You will receive a FOS acknowledgement after a week or so and an adjudicator will make initial contact in a month or so. At that point the bank is £500 down and still has to give its side of the story within a strict timeframe, something I believe they are virtually incapable of doing which will be be to their complaint cost.

No idea how long the adjudication will take but the point is the complaint record will tell its own story. So go for it.
  • simoncorkswill
    Options
    Jalex ,

perhaps I phrased that badly , I meant it is a nuisance to have to do this for such a relatively petty dispute , I see the Ombuds as being there for more severe cases , agree certainly that the online form is helpful.

EJV you can do it here: you will need to put www. in front I am not allowed to post links being new.

financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
  • ejv
    ejv Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I meant it is a nuisance to have to do this for such a relatively petty dispute

Thanx Simon for the link.:T
    I feel that it shouldn't be swept aside as petty dispute as they were trying to poach customers from other banks by showing a carrot.I wouldn't have taken all the trouble of applying,switching etc unless they had offered the incentive.
    I would be referring to FOS if they don't pay me in 8weeks.I wish many others would follow and expose the other face of this "great bank"
  • lju
    lju Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ejv wrote: »
    Thanx Simon for the link.:T
    I feel that it shouldn't be swept aside as petty dispute as they were trying to poach customers from other banks by showing a carrot.I wouldn't have taken all the trouble of applying,switching etc unless they had offered the incentive.
    I would be referring to FOS if they don't pay me in 8weeks.I wish many others would follow and expose the other face of this "great bank"

I will also do the same.
  • simoncorkswill
    Options
    Reading through all the pages here it is clear what the Co-op were up to , make very generous offer apply rigid terms and conditions , most will not comply , there will be complaints and we will lose a few accounts , however peoples general inertia will mean that we will have gained a large number of accounts , we will not have paid out , job done.

So regretably use of the Ombudsman for a ruling on whether these terms were fair and readily highlighted will be required.
  • realaledrinker
    realaledrinker Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just read they have been rejected for Lloyds branches .

Not quite!

Lloyds are no longer dealing with them on an exclusive basis but Co-op are still the preferred bidder for the branches.
    Ethical moneysaver
  • realaledrinker
    realaledrinker Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 April 2012 at 1:29AM
    Options
    Reading through all the pages here it is clear what the Co-op were up to , make very generous offer apply rigid terms and conditions , most will not comply , there will be complaints and we will lose a few accounts , however peoples general inertia will mean that we will have gained a large number of accounts , we will not have paid out , job done.

Genuinely, cokk-up, not conspiracy.

Agreed, not the best advert for a bank looking to treble in size by buying 632 branches & however million customers off Lloyds & convince the FSA they are fit for purpose.
    Ethical moneysaver
  • SimbaSimon
    SimbaSimon Posts: 810 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got my payment :) Completion date was 19th January so payment is as expected, i.e. on the fourth month and didn't need to contact them at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure