Co-Op bank - £200 if you switch to them

Options

Comments

• ejv
    ejv Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shenanigan wrote: »
    At the time of taking any offer out explain I'm illiterate and would like a copy of the terms and conditions in Audio CD format.

Ha...haa.... Gr8 idea!!!:rotfl:

Has anyone tried their internet banking to transfer money?Used the debit card and the secure key gizmo , still,both mine &OH's didn't work.I had to ring the CS and he didn't know how to fix it and transfered over the phone:mad:

What a bank!!! Sure they're going to lose their top spot:p
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    I was confused the first time I tried to transfer with co-op. It kept putting an extra '00' on the account number I tried to type in, so it didn't much with what I had so I deleted and tried again. Eventually rang CS who hadn't a clue why it was doing it. Took someone on here to tell me its normal and the nutty Co-op way of doing things. Never had to do it with any other bank.

Really didn't like giving a CS agent all my internet banking sign on details either, and using the same details to phone bank is a bit weird as well.

Not impressed, closure form in the post!
  • ejv
    Options
    Ours was bit different as we tried to move money out of Co-Op.
    Card inserted to the gizmo--PIN punched---entered the number in the yellow shade shown on webpage--gizmo gave me a 8 digit number to enter onto the webpage to authorize the transaction.As per the gizmo user guide, the last 4 digits of this number should be the same as the last 4 digits of the account to which I intend to transfer.This never happened and authorization failed.
    The CS chap was absolutely clueless:mad:

In a way it was good that they duped me on the reward,now I wouldn't have second thoughts in leaving this "top notch bank"!!!

I think they've turned greedy and bitten more than what they could chew, and their existing CS team is insufficient to handle the horde of new customers and complaints.

No way I'm going to stay with them:p
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ejv wrote: »
    Ours was bit different as we tried to move money out of Co-Op.
    Card inserted to the gizmo--PIN punched---entered the number in the yellow shade shown on webpage--gizmo gave me a 8 digit number to enter onto the webpage to authorize the transaction.As per the gizmo user guide, the last 4 digits of this number should be the same as the last 4 digits of the account to which I intend to transfer.This never happened and authorization failed.
    The CS chap was absolutely clueless:mad:

Suggest you read the guide again.
    The code given to you by the card reader is not the one that should have the last four digits of the receiving account.
    The code you enter into the card reader from the web page (the one in the yellow shaded area) is the one that should have the last four digits of the receiving account.
    See step 4 of
    http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/servlet/Satellite/1228376873753,CFSweb/Page/Bank-InternetBanking
  • ejv
    Options
    noh wrote: »
    The code you enter into the card reader from the web page (the one in the yellow shaded area) is the one that should have the last four digits of the receiving account.

Sorry, got mixed up.:o The yellow shaded number's last 4 digits wasn't the same as the last 4 digits of the receiving account.
  • CheeseCat
    CheeseCat Posts: 378 Forumite
    Options
    Add me onto the list of peeved folk who haven't had their £200.

I did everything as requested, switched everything using their service and my salary has been going in since end of Nov.

Called up their customer service (loosely using this term) who 'promised' they'd call me back, but didn't. Called again after the bank holiday and was told the same... again no call back. Called AGAIN (really peed off this time but was polite on the phone - at the beginning anyway) to be told I signed up in Nov and so wasn't eligible. A lie - as I have the 'sign up' email from October.

They then tell me that the switch wasnt completed within the right amount of time. I told them thats their problem not mine, I did everything asked of me on time. Now they are 'sending it to a manager' - received a call on Friday to say that its 'ongoing and they'd contact me Mon or Tues' Guess what? No call back.

:mad: p****d off is an understatement. I was going to stay with them to save the effort of switching elsewhere but absolutely no chance now. They don't know what the hell they are doing.
    Proud meowmy of four fuzzy cats :)
  • cptncanary
    cptncanary Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cptncanary wrote: »
    Still waiting for my £200...:(
    Still waiting; I'm bored with waiting now...:mad::mad:
    C'mon you Canaries!!
  • Dandyman
    Options
    Dandyman wrote: »
    After 5 phone calls to CO-OP bank, have now been told it will be after MAY 3rd 2012. Hey! but not to worry there are thousands still waiting.

Should be called the !!!!-up Bank:mad:

Just been told on the phone by customer service, that it will now be the end of June:mad::mad:
  • Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    @ everyone still waiting...

if you were previously told a specific date, here's what you do

1) call them

2) say "i would like to speak to a manager please as I have a complaint"

3) repeat step 2 until you are speaking to a manager

4) say: "on xxx date, at xxx time i spoke to mr xxx* who told me I would receive my money on yyy date. Hopefully, the consultant I spoke to has put notes on my account as a record of the conversation. If not, please listen to the call. I still have not received my £200. I no longer want to wait for the switching process transfer, I want you to manually transfer £200 in to my account now as I need the money now. I'm asking you to do this because I know it can be done, because it has been done before for other customers. If the switching team deposit an additional £200 in to my account, they are welcome to take it back."

*you will have the dates, times and names from the record you kept of every phone call that took place.... Didn't keep a record? Learn from your mistake and do it in future. Alternatively, if you can give them the rough date, tell them: "I'd like you to check the log of everyone that's accessed my account on your system around that date, from there I'm sure you can find the time and therefore a recording of the call"

5) OPTIONAL; I also would like compensation for the fact you have broken multiple promises and I have had to make multiple phone calls to get this issue resolved" - The amount of money you request is up to you. I assume that different people will have different authority levels.

This information is based on both my assumptions of their procedures and my experiences from dealing with them.

I hope this helps.
  • lju
    lju Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just done the above, been told switch was one day over allowed time so can't credit money. Have escalated coamplaint!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure