PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Stardrops: A Users Guide

Options

Comments

• Knonie
    Knonie Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks!! Me thinks I ought to go get another bottle.. am planning my pre-Xmas cleaning blast for next week..!

Anyone know if its good on really burnt on ovens???
    Life....mmmm....still trying to figure that one out but what I do know is if I had all the answers it'd be a hell of a lot easier!!!!!!:p
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    I use it in my oven too! I put the oven on low for 10 mins or so just to heat it up, turn it off then dab neat Stardrops all over it. I then go away and leave it for 15mins and use very hot water to clean it up. To de-grease I haven't found anything better than vinegar (I use cheap brown malt) mixed with washing up liquid - about 1/2 inch of each - in a spray bottle with hot water. I spray everywhere in the oven, leave it to soak in then go for it with a Brillo pad LOL!

Happy scrubbing!
  • bizzy_izzy
    Options
    Just like to say, that i to have just bought my first bottle, going to finish my others first, and it is because of this site that i bought it, will let you know what i think about it
  • Westywoodpecker
    Options
    I also use it to wash up with when I've run out of washing up liquid. Glasses sparkle :D
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker :)
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Knonie,

There's an earlier thread with lots of posts on how to use stardrops that should help so I've added your thread to it to keep the ideas together.

Pink
  • JoolzS
    JoolzS Posts: 824 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've noticed that quite a lot of people in this thread mention polishing windows with newspaper - I have to say that you are completely wasting your time. It was a great thing to do when the newspaper ink still had lead in it, but newspaper ink hasn't had lead in it for years. Microfibre cloths will do the same job and they can be washed and reused, and are far easier to use.

Julie
  • irishwexford
    Options
    Since I started using stardrops and vinegar my cupboard under sink is nearly empty. Used to be full of various cleaners. When I was a child my mother and grandmother never bought all these cleaning products,just brasso for door knocker and fender and black lead for range. These things were their pride and joy and had to shine. I think they used a bar of soap for everything else.
  • elgar_2
    Options
    Ok, it sounds like good stuff, especially if I can reduce down the cleaning products I have under my sink/and in bathroom...although still havent opened the oven cleaner from Lakeland! my new cooker seems ok, with just a wipe..and due to other MS tips from here I hardly use my oven...

Distracted again!! ANYWAYS... where can I buy star drops, do supermarkets sell it. Cant think of other shops here that might have it...

Elaine
    x
    Married 9th June 2011 my wonderful soulmate, Im so blessed! :T
  • elgar_2
    Options
    Ok, it sounds like good stuff, especially if I can reduce down the cleaning products I have under my sink/and in bathroom...although still havent opened the oven cleaner from Lakeland! my new cooker seems ok, with just a wipe..and due to other MS tips from here I hardly use my oven...

Distracted again!! ANYWAYS... where can I buy star drops, do supermarkets sell it. Cant think of other shops here that might have it...

Elaine
    x
    Married 9th June 2011 my wonderful soulmate, Im so blessed! :T
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Elaine,

I buy it in Asda but it's cheaper in Sainsbury's (which we don't have locally). This thread has more suggestions one where to find stardrops:

where to find stardrops?

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills