PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Stardrops: A Users Guide

Options

Comments

• rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    owens3116 wrote: »
    hi all

Could you tell me how u all wash windows with stardrops , Do u use it neat then buff or with hot water then buff with a dry micro cloth also what about mirrors ?
    thankyou

I've never used stardrops for cleaning windows because I'm still using up the loads of chemicals I bought pre-OS :o but I would wash with a stardrops solution, rinse with clear water and buff up with crumpled newspaper ;)

I'm sure more responses will be along soon
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • canidothis
    Options
    Hi

Im a new stardrops convert, I havent yet used it on windows but it works really well on my bathroom mirror. Ive made up a spray with water and just spray and wipe with a dry cloth. There's a great thread on stardrops but not sure how to direct you to it.
    LBM March 2011 (what on earth took me so long?)
    overdraft (1) -2950 overdraft (2) -246.00
    total CC £12,661 :eek:
    loan £5000
    DFD 2016:eek::eek: (cant come soon enough)
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    i have mine diluted 1/3 with white vinegar and water and just spray on and wipe off, maybe buff with crunched up newspaper afterwards.

works a treat on mirrors too
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• Mander
    Mander Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    I ran across this thread yesterday and when I was out shopping kept a lookout--and found them! Stardrops were 65p and starclen 62p at Home Bargains in Gateshead. I used them on the dishes and cleaned the kitchen window. Nice and clean but it's hard to say if that is just because I am really lazy about the windows or not!
  • Nurgle_2
    Options
    I know that some people have been having a lot of difficulties finding stardrops in their local shops so I did a search for it online, and other than some expensice ebay shop, I also found it here:

http://www.healthinajiffy.co.uk/advanced_search_result.html?page=44&alpha_filter_id=83&sort=20a&keyword=star&search_in_description=1

Its just a little bit down the page, hope this helps some one :)
    p.s I'm not sure if it has come up right, so if it hasn't and anyone wants to know, just pm me :)
    Mummy to three...number 4 on the way :D
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nurgle wrote: »
    I know that some people have been having a lot of difficulties finding stardrops in their local shops so I did a search for it online, and other than some expensice ebay shop, I also found it here:

http://www.healthinajiffy.co.uk/advanced_search_result.html?page=44&alpha_filter_id=83&sort=20a&keyword=star&search_in_description=1

Its just a little bit down the page, hope this helps some one :)
    p.s I'm not sure if it has come up right, so if it hasn't and anyone wants to know, just pm me :)

Just to help further, I've just weighed a full bottle of Stardrops and it weighed 656g. That puts the postage at £3, maybe £3.50 with the packaging.
  • Knonie
    Knonie Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Right I am now officially the proud owner of my first bottle of Stardrops..!:j

Now I've read that many threads shouting the virtues of this demon cleaner that I'm struggling to remember all that it can be used for :confused: !

Could I call on all you O/S's to list what you use it for as I believe I won't be the only one to benefit from such a useful list.. I intend to then refer to it before replacing all my other cleaning fluids - I won't have anything under the sink then LOL!!
    Life....mmmm....still trying to figure that one out but what I do know is if I had all the answers it'd be a hell of a lot easier!!!!!!:p
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Hi!

I use Stardrops for everything. I dilute it in a spray bottle and use as a general cleaner, dilute it for the floors, clean the bath, sink & loo with it neat. It cleans tiles, the floor, cooker, worktops, table, cupboards, woodwork - anything wipeable really. I also mix it with a bit of bleach for the kitchen but I'm sure you shouldn't do that LOL!

Happy cleaning.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    It can be used to spot clean carpets, as a presoak for washing or add a tiny amount to the powder drawer (not too much a squirt will do) Brilliant for cleaning mirrors and windows, bath, kitchen worktops and doors, Tiles come up streak free and gleaming. I wouldn't be without it!
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business