IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

ASDA parking fines

Options

Comments

• steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Daughter was in Asda Huddersfield a couple of weeks ago and got a begging letter slapped on the windscreen for not displaying her partners disabled badge tut tut.

Bit of a give away when he gets out of car & into wheelchair!!!

What does baffle me though with that store, I know a few regulars know it, is that it is a good few miles out of town & there are plenty of areas around to park for free anyway - so why even waste money
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    You are not actually required to display a blue badge in disabled bays on private land, but I suspect you know that?

ASDAs clearly don't, mind...
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Because the store has fallen for the PPC's propaganda.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • whitelabel
    whitelabel Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    noticed the asda near me has amended its signs to change penalty charge to "parking charge notification" there are green stickers over the original signs...
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ManxRed wrote: »
    You are not actually required to display a blue badge in disabled bays on private land, but I suspect you know that?

ASDAs clearly don't, mind...

Yes they do. I told them.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    AuntyJean wrote: »
    was told by the kind lady that it is nothing to do with them

It is to do with them.

The parking company is contracted by the store, and is their agent.
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    Yes they do. I told them.

They weren't paying attention then!!
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    whitelabel wrote: »
    noticed the asda near me has amended its signs to change penalty charge to "parking charge notification" there are green stickers over the original signs...
    They can call it what ever they like, it's still an unenforcable penalty.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    Options
    I think it is their way of telling customers:
    WE DO NOT WANT YOUR CUSTOM
    Why else would you put fake parking tickets on peoples cars and then have the audacity to actually take peoples money from them, particularly the sick and disabled.
    Is this the actions of a company who wants your custom in its store ?
    I would say not.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • diamondnine
    Options
    I got a ticket (TCP) in the ASDA carpark at Waterlooville Hampshire for causing an obstruction. (parked over the white line) even though the bay on my left was in fact half a bay so no one could use it anyway. So, how long until i get my first bit of post asking for some money? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport