MSE News: Apple launches iPhone 4S

Options

Comments

• johnnyroper
    johnnyroper Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Options
    I don't understand all the hype over apple product releases,the 4s is not much different so why all the fuss?

Apple forget all the nonsense and 4s just give me flash for the existing iphone4.

No way I am gonna upgrade to the 4s with prices starting at £499 sim free it just is not worth it.

I can see a change of manufacturer for me in future just don't know what to yet.
    Does anyone know how easy it us to swap may iTunes content to a different format Like android(if it is possible?)
  • johnnyroper
    johnnyroper Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Options
    zierisaver wrote: »
    What the press conference didn't address is the issue with the aerial on the phone, which still causes me to lose signal ALL THE TIME. OK, so they are going to switch between mobile towers, but that's not the same thing......

Same here the case makes no difference so problem not just down to sweaty hands,the aerial is obviously just poor.
  • bestyman
    bestyman Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    poppy10 wrote: »
    Very disappointing update. Was at least expecting them to upgrade the RAM - 512MB is pretty poor these days, I'm constantly hitting the barrier when web browsing, resulting in tabs having to be reloaded each time I view them. The CPU upgrade is a bit meh, the CPU hasn't really been a rate-limiting factor for most apps.

The ram is now 1gb
    On the internet you can be anything you want.It`s strange so many people choose to be rude and stupid.
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't understand all the hype over apple product releases,the 4s is not much different so why all the fuss?

Apple forget all the nonsense and 4s just give me flash for the existing iphone4.

No way I am gonna upgrade to the 4s with prices starting at £499 sim free it just is not worth it.

I can see a change of manufacturer for me in future just don't know what to yet.
    Does anyone know how easy it us to swap may iTunes content to a different format Like android(if it is possible?)

Yes it is very easy with android...
    you can also get the SGS II which is a better phone than the 4s on a 12 month contract @ £30pm + £99 for the handset from mobiles.co.uk which comes to a total of £459.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The money saving good news in this is there will be those amongst family and friends who will go for this new phone and then have older out of contract models that can be handed down to other family/friends at reduced second hand prices.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I am disappoint.

What an anti-climax...

I'll stick with my 3GS when my contract runs out in November, and go on Simplicity for £16.50 a month and save myself a few pennies.
  • haremscarem
    Options
    Keep following your leader Steve Jobs and his tripephone. They've never been good or innovative. Just like all of Apples products, just a flashy image that people lap up.

And iPads? Betamax of the touchscreen world. Glad I sold mine before 2 came out. Useless technology. And I'm freeee of stupid iTunes! Freeeee! :j
  • digime
    digime Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I know people have strong opinions and allegiances when it comes to mobiles but if you have an open mind and want to try something different I'd recommend taking a look at Windows Phone 7.

The Mango update has made it a contender IMHO. Don't be put off by the 'uncoolness' of the Microsoft brand or associations with the old Windows Mobile. It's brand new, works a treat and a pleasure to use.

There are some new handsets being launched very soon and Nokia should announce their new Windows Phone 7 devices towards the end of October.
  • J_i_m
    J_i_m Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Options
    If there is one tning that is predictable about an apple launch it is all the childish bickering it breeds on Internet forums.

I might get it, but not for now. At this moment I'm likely to skip it altogether, partly because it possibly doesn't offer a significant enough upgrade over the 4, which I have a contract on until July anyway.

I'm certainly not going to rush to get it though, and if I do get it, I'll sell the 4 to fund it and buy one out right so I can have a better choice of sims and tariffs.
    :www: Progress Report :www:
    Offer accepted: £107'000
    Deposit: £23'000
    Mortgage approved for: £84'000
    Exchanged: 2/3/16
    :T ... complete on 9/3/16 ... :T
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The Money Saving would appear to be on Apple's part here. Same case and screen, saving millions in research, development and new manufacturing process, sell at the same price as the iPhone 4 was and let users lap it up. Result: Even bigger profit. Jobs could have been an avid MSE fan!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure