MSE News: Apple launches iPhone 4S

Options

Comments

• diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    my 3GS is 2 yrs old and a 4s aint worth upgrading too, what happened to UMA ? contactless paying ? micro usb as industry standard ? hdmi output ? wireless charging ?

they think a better camera & facetime is worth a upgrade ? we aint all guliable AMERICANS aPPLE - KEEP PANDERING TO YOUR HOMER MARKET
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • nsabournemouth
    Options
    I think the Apple launch showed how they can't innovate any more. The first iPhone was a great bit of kit but they have now had to copy from other OS and take to the courts to try and compete.
  • im-lost
    im-lost Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    Options
    I'm still gobsmacked that my 18 month old HTC desire still beats the latest model by Apple
    hands down.

I'm not a fan of any phone / manufacturer / OS, but why in the hell would somebody go
    for a iPhone when there's Android based handsets that are out that wipe the socks off it.
    Not to mention the ones due for release soon.

Its such a shame that people are taken in Apples marketing.

IMO the future of smartphones is in Android, anybody with half a brain cell can see that.
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    I think for this new model only 1 night camped outside the store will get someone 1st in the queue.

I think I would describe this "huge" new model a bit like Gillette launching a new razor, yes it has a 0.0001 cm closer shave but it wont make any difference to to your face in the mirror.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    im-lost wrote: »
    I'm still gobsmacked that my 18 month old HTC desire still beats the latest model by Apple
    hands down.

I'm not a fan of any phone / manufacturer / OS, but why in the hell would somebody go
    for a iPhone when there's Android based handsets that are out that wipe the socks off it.

IMO the future of smartphones is in Android, anybody with half a brain cell can see that.

...All apart from the battery! (Though apparently HTC have tried to deal with that with the new Sensation XE model out next week).

So no Iphone5 then? Lol- What a load of fuss about nothing! Apple have just made themselves really unpopular! I think they must have so many people let down that they'll not only lose those that were interested, they'll lose those that had some degree of loyalty too (insert rolley eye smiley here;))

So then its between Samsung and HTC. Seeing as HTC have just announced the date for the new XE (friday?) Samsung if they have anything up their sleeve would be in a pretty good position to take the crown straight from Apple.
  • Eric_Pisch
    Eric_Pisch Posts: 8,720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    the 64gb option is nice, but no doubt will cost a fortune in the UK

but apart from that there is nothing worth upgrading a 4 over, the 4 plays HD games just fine

the retina screen on the 4 is defiantly worth upgrading a 3Gs for but its far too small compared to the competition and it still is
  • mrochester
    mrochester Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    im-lost wrote: »
    hands down.

One word; iOS. I'd rather keep my 4 than change to an Android phone. I really really hope Android isn't the only future we have. It'll have to be improved significantly for me to find that an even remotely attractive prospect. Here's hoping WP7 picks up some serious pace when Nokia take the healm with it; it's a very nice OS and I wouldn't mind a future with that.
  • ellies_angel
    Options
    moty1984 wrote: »
    And guess what will be next....... Thats right a new iphone 4s in WHITE. But that will take apple a couple of months to sort that out.

no, we are getting the option of the white or black :)
    :rotfl: l love this site!! :rotfl:
  • Yolina
    Yolina Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2011 at 9:07AM
    Options
    mrochester wrote: »
    Here's hoping WP7 picks up some serious pace when Nokia take the healm with it; it's a very nice OS and I wouldn't mind a future with that.

WP7.5 (Mango) is currently rolling out ;) And yes it is rather good. However after using WinMo smartphones since 2004 I made the switch to a native Android phone this year because there's no user expandable memory on WP and while MS were writing a new OS they took the opportunity to pretty much lock the whole thing down which is not something I'm particularly keen on.
    Now free from the incompetence of vodafail
  • zierisaver
    zierisaver Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    What the press conference didn't address is the issue with the aerial on the phone, which still causes me to lose signal ALL THE TIME. OK, so they are going to switch between mobile towers, but that's not the same thing......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure