🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Delivery rights discussion

Options

Comments

• Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Options
    wrenlegs wrote: »
    I can see that you are miffed that I left ordering pressies until the 15th.

I honestly don't care when you order your Christmas presents. I am "peeved," as you put it, that you expect to have sympathy for leaving it so late. There are some on here who would suggest that you seem to blaming everyone else for your own tardiness.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • wrenlegs
    Options
    Oh well. I have emailed the company and copied on all of the emailed promises about the guaranteed deliveries and have decided to cancel the order. I have simply said that I would like to know what to do if the parcel is delivered (big IF!) - I wont be staying in anymore to await parcels, so want a freephone number to call to advise the couriers to return the parcel back to the company. I just want an end to this whole mess and will not be shopping there again.

Thank you for all of the advice.
    :money: Saving money, saving the environment and saving space (aka decluttering) - my motto this year!
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Options
    Oh well. I have emailed the company and copied on all of the emailed promises about the guaranteed deliveries and have decided to cancel the order. I have simply said that I would like to know what to do if the parcel is delivered (big IF!) - I wont be staying in anymore to await parcels, so want a freephone number to call to advise the couriers to return the parcel back to the company. I just want an end to this whole mess and will not be shopping there again.

You simply refuse delivery, that is all.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wrenlegs, have you read the Failed Delivery article linked to from the original post on this thread?

In there you will find details of what you might be able to expect by way of compensation for your losses.

It also explains how you might go about getting satisfaction.
  • sweetsheep84
    Options
    Other half works as a courier and we have seen some funny customers. One customer ordered 1 mattress but on the day of delivery there were 2 on the paperwork. When we got there, I went up to her flat (2nd floor) first confirming that shd has 2 but told me she only wanted 1. While we were figuring out which one was the right one, other half was obviously busy trying to get the 2 out as he knew nothing about customer only want 1 out of the 2 so he was calling for my attention to get help. Then this customer just lost it, swore at me, started shouting and running downstairs towards my other half. When she got downstairs, she kept on shouting at him telling him to keep his voice down and if he wants to carry 2 mattress up for nothing. OK so sorry if he was trying to find out where I was and what is taking me so long to get it done but there was no need for her to swear. Other half's job was to deliver. He was not the one done the paperwork and got it wrong. His boss actually knew one was a refused item and still sent it out with him!!

He then had another customer complaing that he did not leave the package outside of her house but she seemed to forget that her package was a massive box of fireworks. So should he really have left it outside for everyone to see??

Anyhow, rant over. But if you do order online, please please make sure the address is filled in correctly and dont miss out on the house number if you live in flats (sometimes he gets people putting flat number, certain road but without house number). And obviously a working phone number plus any special instruction regarding your delivery when you make the purchase. People do make mistakes and all we can try to do is correct it.
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options

I'd be gutted too!
    And I would have expected the presents to be here in time too, I don't think you left it too late at all, in this day and age we are all used to getting things quickly, and it looks like this year many courier companies have not been able to keep up with demand (looking at things from the other side as well, business forums where small businesses complain about repeated failed collections). Pity it didn't work out for you.
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 January 2013 at 11:39AM
    Options
    Hi sorry for asking what may have already been asked, but can anyone advise whether the right for failed delivery compensation also applies to deliveries of damaged goods that then like a failed delivery result in second (inconvenient) delivery days?

I had a fridge freezer delivered by Dixons (Know How) which was clearly damaged either in transit or before. I had to then store this one for 3 weeks whilst awaiting for a replacement which I had to have a day off work to receive.

My question is, can I still claim compensation with the template letter (with minor changes) for a "breach of contract" as a failed delivery?
  • steampowered
    steampowered Posts: 6,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Regardless of the contents of my parcel (pressies for family or a bag of sprouts), I am glad that someone feels that it was entirely reasonable for me to expect the delivery before xmas. I dont think it said 'guaranteed', but the fact the advertised date for xmas del with 3 days away, I decided ON THAT INFO that it would be fine.

Yes, you are absolutely right to be narked. I think the people criticising you missed the point. The company told you they would deliver by Christmas. If they didn't make this promise you had plenty of time to go out to the shops, these days not many people have all their xmas shopping sorted by the 15th.

Best to make it clear to the company that you are not happy and will be posting details of your experience on consumer review website. Hopefully they will come back with some sort of discount or refund, or at least an apology.
  • craigyboy90
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice regarding an order of some trainers from Nike.com.
    I ordered them on the 28th December for express delivery (1-3 working days by UPS) and am still waiting for them to arrive.
    I've been in contact with nike and they guaranteed delivery for last Thursday (03/01)....nothing, I phoned again, they said Friday, nothing, apparently it would definitely be here for today, waited all day, nothing once again.

Nike are going to refund the £12.99 delivery charge, and have offered me free delivery and 20% off my next order with them, which is useless really as I rarely buy trainers on-line - this was a one off..
    They have now said it's going to be tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath, is there anything I can do other than cancel the order? I'd like to try and get something out of them (bearing in mind I booked annual leave to stay in on Friday).:mad:
  • carleyt86
    Options
    Right guys, just wondering if anyone can help me! My Mum and Dad ordered me a bed and mattress from Dunelm Mill for Xmas around the 1st week in December. My bed was delivered on the 19th December by Ceva Logistics and the mattress was to be delivered on the 22nd by the same company. No idea why they were separate as they were both in stock when ordered but hey! So on the 21st I recieved a phonecall from Ceva telling me the mattress couldn't be delivered and had to be rearranged, this was then arranged for the 29th, and then rearranged for the 2nd and then rearranged for the 8th (tomorrow), I have just recieved a phonecall telling me they can't deliver it tomorrow and that they will phone me tomorrow to arrange another delivery date. I have been given multiple excuses, some saying Dunelm Mill haven't sent it, but I recieved an email from Dunelm Mill last week saying it was on its way, and now Ceva say it is there fault this time as they have recieved it in the wrong depo! I have gone mad, as basically I needed this mattress over New Year for guests and I have taken multiple mornings/days off work to recieve the delivery all which have been pointless and wasted. Each time they have rang the night before the delivery to tell me it needs to be rearranged so by then I can't just suddenly tell work I will be in as they have arranged cover for me. Would this be a good case to try and claim compensation? Who should I send the letter to? Dunelm Mill and Ceva Logistics or just Dunelm Mill? If they have orginally said it would have been 4 week to deliver I wouldn't have bothered!
    Happy for any advice as I'm new to this complaining lark! :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport