Delivery rights discussion

Options
1535455565759»

Comments

• Martinmeet
    Options
    Which ombudsman did he use? How did he enter the contract? Sounds like it might have been done over the phone but just checking it wasn't online (as then the "acceptance" can be at a particular time like dispatch confirmation).
    It was Communications Ombudsman.
    He did it over the phone. He said, he did it around 5pm over the phone. He was confirmed that it will be delivered next day (specific date, not just next day) as he agreed to stay home to collect it.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Martinmeet
    Options
    Yes, that's the one.
  • Martinmeet
    Options
    Any guidance or suggestions please?
  • Rodders7364
    Options
    I ordered online with argos for a treadmill, we arranged a time & date, the day I should have got my parcel i got a phone call saying the driver couldn't park yet there is parking bays two minutes away from me, it would mean they would have to drive round the one way system again, the driver was also meant to phone me an hour before delivery, i could have told him about parking which he has to pass anyway, there is also a car park they could use which again is less than a 2 minute walk away, instead they took my parcel away, delivery time was between 7am until 6pm, the phone call I got arranged for delivery to be in a smaller van but had to wait 6 days for delivery because no vans, got a message saying parcel would be here today between 7.30am to 9.30 am, still haven't arrived, been on to argos, told me they would phone anytime now, that was an hour ago, it's 4 hours late on top of the 6 days late, i felt she was trying to blame me by not saying traffic laws, wouldn't think this was up to me but if driver phone as he was mesnt to i would have said where he could park, i ordered something else after i got told no vans until today, that parcel got delivered Friday without any problems, take it the had vans after all, where do I stand, I still want the item but where do I stand being 6 days late & upto now 4 hours late today, I don't work but had to cancel arrangements to wait in, thanks ( 
  • cameronweir73
    Options
    Nearly a month late!

I had to contact Logitech on the 22/01/2020 as my Logitech Speaker System developed a fault and they agreed to send me an upgraded model.

Logitech advised me that the replacement would ship by UPS within 24/48 hours.

I still hadn't heard anything by early January, so I contacted Logitech and they advised me that UPS had picked up my replacement from their warehouse in the Netherlands on the 01/01/2021, however there was no tracking information available at this time due to the fact UPS had put a delay on my package as they were not delivering to my area at this time and I would be updated when the tracking information became available.

It was only on the 15/01/2021 that I was emailed the tracking information and I was advised that my package from Logitech would be delivered on the 20/01/2021, then I was advised that there had been a delay due to a BREXIT related disruption and that my package would now be delivered on the 22/01/2021, so I contacted UPS as the tracking information still said my package was still in Eindhoven, Netherlands. A customer services representative informed me that my package had been delayed by a further business day and that it would likely be the 26/01/2021 be a received delivery of my package. I then received an email confirming this. Since then my delivery date has changed from the 26/01/2021 to the 27/01/2021 to the 28/01/2021 and now it has changed again to the 29/01/2021. I have no faith whatsoever that it is going to arrive then.

When my delivery date was scheduled for the 26/01/2021 I contacted the UK President of UPS Mark Vale and received a reply from David Park on his behalf advising me that they had a huge backlog of trailers at their EU and UK Hubs and he would reach out to his colleague in the Netherlands to find out when the trailer containing my package would be moving and get back to me, however I have had no further contact from David Park and the delivery date are still changing.

The UPS contact centre is no help at all they just advise me to still be patient and keep checking their tracking website.

I am not the only one having issues with them take a look at the Trust Pilot review website.
    Other major delivery companies are not having delays as I contacted one, DPD today and they are business as usual between the EU and the UK.

I have now the name and email address of the guy at the top of their whole business, David Abney and just emailed him, because I am getting no useful responses from anyone else within UPS.

Still no further response from UPS.

This is the worst delivery company that I have ever dealt with and Logitech's customer service is not any better, advising me to have patience and to keep checking the tracking information and they assure me that UPS will delivery my package to me.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    (Other major delivery companies are not having delays)
    If you read this forum they all are .
    Other posts say xxx is the worst .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport