🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Nationwide Soft-Search

Options

Comments

• giblet10
    giblet10 Posts: 494 Forumite
    Options
    Iffy in what sense? Did you get a message saying further checks needed doing? If I remember well when I applied, I got a message saying some paperwork will be in the post to you which may require you take some ID to your local branch...

It said further checks were necessary and they'd be in touch in the next 7-10 days if they were able to proceed..I did get further than my first attempt with them when it said sorry blah blah blah immediately after the soft search..
    Never argue with an idiot. Especially not this idiot because I'm always right anyway.
  • Cash_Flow
    Cash_Flow Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    I applied for Nationwide Credit Card last week the soft search came back as £2500 @ 19.9% I accepted this and the application was approved.
  • giblet10
    Options
    Well I put in another application last Thursday and it came back £5200 @ 9.9% - when I went through to the full application it said "pleased to confirm your application has been approved in principle, subject to final checks"

So I'm a bit more hopeful this time. Presumably these final checks will just be proof of name, income etc..
    Never argue with an idiot. Especially not this idiot because I'm always right anyway.
  • Cash_Flow
    Options
    giblet10 wrote: »
    Well I put in another application last Thursday and it came back £5200 @ 9.9% - when I went through to the full application it said "pleased to confirm your application has been approved in principle, subject to final checks"

So I'm a bit more hopeful this time. Presumably these final checks will just be proof of name, income etc..

I have never been required to provide proof of income for a credit card.
  • giblet10
    Options
    Cash_Flow wrote: »
    I have never been required to provide proof of income for a credit card.

Me neither, I was just speculating as to what the 'final checks' might mean by Nationwide..
  • Cash_Flow
    Options
    giblet10 wrote: »
    Me neither, I was just speculating as to what the 'final checks' might mean by Nationwide..

Fraud checks etc etc
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did this soft search 15 mins ago, it offered me 19.9% APR and let me choose my credit limit up to £1000, so I went ahead then declined me. What are the point in these soft searches if they give you the impression you will be accepted, then let you go ahead and be declined. Sooo annoyed!
  • Cash_Flow
    Options
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    I did this soft search 15 mins ago, it offered me 19.9% APR and let me choose my credit limit up to £1000, so I went ahead then declined me. What are the point in these soft searches if they give you the impression you will be accepted, then let you go ahead and be declined. Sooo annoyed!

I was declined last year with the same rate and credit limit.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 July 2012 at 11:05AM
    Options
    Cash_Flow wrote: »
    I was declined last year with the same rate and credit limit.

I know why I didnt get the card, but surely if they did a soft search they should see the same information and thus decline me before I proceed with the full application!! :mad:
  • Cash_Flow
    Options
    Balance transfer completed today.

The whole process took six days from date of application and no further ID verification required.

Well done Nationwide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family