IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

APCOA Parking fines LUTON AIRPORT

Options
123457»

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Things have changed and you can appeal and get this cancelled with minimum effort. But please create your own thread for an explanation
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,814 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just received a PCN whilst queuing up for 1 minute to get in to the drop off Zone. Car in front of me was dithering about so nowhere for me to go. Seems an over zealous camera operator Zapped me in this miniscule space of time. Though really not a lot they can do to extract £80 from me reduced to £40 if paid within 14 days, I did however phone them explaining that I required the raw files of the images (jpegs can be doctored)i was told that I had to appeal in writing. Just about to do that and my letter goes like this.

F**K off apcoa. Nice try but not on this occasion.

:beer:

This letter will get it quashed:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62859837

or this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4796888

or this one:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4794563

If it doesn't work, then come back and start your own thread to get help to win it at POPLA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • stuzz82
    Options
    I think the advice above about responding with letter is an option, but my personal experience is to have NO COMMUNICATION WHATSOEVER!
    This is a dodgy company that operate by fear…if you communicate, even if it is to tell them where to go, you are proving you are worried and they will hound you.
    I received a ridiculous fine. Do not respond. The letters I received were almost comical. It started with pay the fine early and it is 50% off. Then it was pay the full amount or bailiffs will be round. Then a month later they had a change of heart and offered 50% off again…lol.
    The point is they are not the police or a local authority so have NO GROUNDS to enforce.
    As for the bailiff threat…what a joke. They would have to take you to court first, and would probably lose anyway…do you really think they will risk all this expense for 1 parking ticket.
    I was tempted to pay…but so glad I didn't. Companies like this should be closed down and it is a complete disgrace to Luton Airport that they hound customers for such obscene amounts of money.
    BE STRONG….DON"T COMMUNICATE….
  • Truckert_2
    Truckert_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I just picked up my niece from Luton Airport and as I approached the drop off point she ran out from the left and flagged me down, anyway the road was clear so I stopped in the middle of the road (no traffic at all behind me) and she jumped in the car. (no luggage as she arrived on a coach) stopped for about 10 seconds.
    As I drove of I see an APCOA camera van sitting up the road so am assuming I will receive a fine for stopping in a no stopping area ??, question is due to the change in the law last year how do I stand on this I know its complicated due to various bylaws when airports and stations are concerned.
    Do I pay up and take it on the chin if a ticket arrives or do I Ignore it or challenge them with a cleverly worded letter??

If its the letter option which one should I use???

Any advice would appreciated

Thanks,
    TruckerT
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills