IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

APCOA Parking fines LUTON AIRPORT

Options

Comments

• andrew-the-cat
    Options
    If you send it unstamped, do RM send the recipient a letter saying they have a letter waiting for them but it needs the postage paid before they can receive it? Or do they just bin it?

I remember back when the first class large stamps came in, I mistakenly posted a padded envelope with a DVD case inside but only put a normal stamp on. The guy I sent it to got a letter from RM saying he needed to pay for the cost of a first class large stamp before he could receive it, which he did, and then he got it.

The next time I get a fake PCN I am going ahead with the postage charge notice idea. Might take a trip to Exeter services soon, I know CP Plus already love me...

benham3160 wrote: »
    Postage Charge Notice is absolutely brilliant, I'd send it recorded too, so they can not deny they received it.

Regards,
    Andy

Unfortunately they are probably wise to the fact that a recorded letter to them would normally contain an NBA or similar and they tend to just refuse to sign them, so they never actually get delivered. It would more likely be delivered and opened if sent by normal post.
  • Dublindel
    Dublindel Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    You came dammed close to being scammed for £40 by sending that cheque. Now don't do it again....
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Options
    I am not 100% sure (any posties on here?) but I know R.M. slap an admin charge on. Whether they deliver it and the postie collects, or invite the addressee to pick up from sorting office, I am not clear on.

I do know that unstamped letters to PPCs do get through as it is my standard practice.
  • andrew-the-cat
    Options
    I'm fairly certain that RM will invite the addressee to collect it from the post office / sorting office. I think that is the best bet, as it will cost the PPC money and not me :D
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    RM usually charge £1 admin plus the missing postage.

So it will be £1.50 for them to collect it.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • FODDER1
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all the help and advice earlier this month.

Of course, I have received another letter since then from Graham White and I wondered if anyone can advise me of the chance of having some kind of CCJ against my name if I continue to ignore everything.

I am applying for some kind of finance and having never received a CCJ in the past, or even knowing how I might get one, I would really appreciate further information if anyone can help.

Thanks again!
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    The chance of you getting a ccj from ol graham is the same as the chance of the pope going to Ian paisleys church...
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    The only way to get a CCJ is to lose in the county court and fail to pay any judgement against you. These people cannot affect your credit rating without a County Court Judgement against you.
  • FODDER1
    Options
    Thanks very much Andy13, it helps to understand the process.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 June 2012 at 10:02PM
    Options
    Seeing as APCOA never do Court I think they would struggle to get a CCJ against you! :D

Nothing will happen except the letters and I hope you are just playing snap with each letter now, matching them against the pics in our sticky thread 'PPC letters & threats'? Ignoring these scamograms is just like ignoring phishing emails - and you wouldn't worry about them would you?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure