IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

APCOA Parking fines LUTON AIRPORT

Options

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Seeing that they have ticketed drivers who have been stopped at a red traffic and let somebody out, it's not surprising what these clowns have done this.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hollister2012 doesn't say that they turned round in the one-way section. There are cameras on and in the underpass so a fair section of the road is covered by the scammers' scameras (although wallbash is clearly going to find it difficult to accept that he's not the only person who knows Luton Airport quite well).

So they could've stopped and done a U-turn pretty much anywhere between the roundabout and the one-way bit, and been picked up by the scameras. Doubtless wallbash, in his capacity as Luton Airport's most sycophantic customer, will deem this a heinous crime and demand that the "fine" be paid forthwith, plus another couple of hundred quid to say sorry.

Fortunately there are more than enough people here (some of whom even use Luton Airport regularly) to tell hollister2012 that APCOA can be given the old 2-fingered salute.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • lpb_2001
    Options
    we stayed there for a weekend and 2 weeks later received a letter from apcoa saying we parked illegally , we did eveything we was told regarding parking and gave our car reg to reception and even left the badge in the window all weekend ( with photos to prove this ) they obviously dont check the parked cars they just go off the anpr camera that travelodge installed, on the outside of the hotel. im glad ive come to this website because its causing my partner stress that she dont need has she is the registered owner . ill just tell them were to stick there charge very politely (not) . thanks :rotfl:
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lpb_2001 wrote: »
    we stayed there for a weekend and 2 weeks later received a letter from apcoa saying we parked illegally , we did eveything we was told regarding parking and gave our car reg to reception and even left the badge in the window all weekend ( with photos to prove this ) they obviously dont check the parked cars they just go off the anpr camera that travelodge installed, on the outside of the hotel. im glad ive come to this website because its causing my partner stress that she dont need has she is the registered owner . ill just tell them were to stick there charge very politely (not) . thanks :rotfl:

Don't bump old/unrelated threads!

Things have changed a bit since this thread ran its course.

You need to start your own thread now for up to date advice on seeing APCOA off!
  • aeronaught
    Options
    Never been on a forum before so not sure how to start a new thread. just wanted to know if the advice is different from the posts of 2011-2012? Got an APCOA ticket in june this year, asked for evidence, which arrived yesterday.

Chuck it in the bin and beat off the phone calls in the same way? Or has anything fundamentaly changed that I should be aware of?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    aeronaught wrote: »
    Never been on a forum before so not sure how to start a new thread. just wanted to know if the advice is different from the posts of 2011-2012? Got an APCOA ticket in june this year, asked for evidence, which arrived yesterday.

Chuck it in the bin and beat off the phone calls in the same way? Or has anything fundamentaly changed that I should be aware of?

Of course things have changed and the current advice is only ONE click away on any forum! See my signature, one click. Read other threads on page one first PLEASE, do not just fire off a desperate first new thread when it's there already on all the other threads, all the answers to all questions.

If APCOA have sent you a POPLA code and you waste it when you are only one click away from the current forum, God help you matey.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • R_J_Hockley
    Options
    I am having the same problems with APCOA and Roxburgh. I got diverted to Luton and my son came to pick us up. He arrived as we walked out of the terminal and stopped at the side of the road, i told him to go to the drop off point which he did, paid our £2 and home we went. A month later my son got a letter from APCOA claiming £40 fine. I appealed on his behalf as it was us he was picking up and that we had used the drop off. Not a word was heard from them until i got a letter from Roxburghe this month claiming £128. I phoned them and they we insistant that i paid up and there was no way of getting it any cheaper or them asking APCOA to contact me and replying to my appeal. He was then very rude and said that as i was not listening to him their was no poit in talking to me and hung up. I rang back and asked to speak to a manager, a new guy got on and said that their was no recourse and i had to pay. Having read these posts i will ignore their call and tell them to take me to court.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am having the same problems with APCOA and Roxburgh. I got diverted to Luton and my son came to pick us up. He arrived as we walked out of the terminal and stopped at the side of the road, i told him to go to the drop off point which he did, paid our £2 and home we went. A month later my son got a letter from APCOA claiming £40 fine. I appealed on his behalf as it was us he was picking up and that we had used the drop off. Not a word was heard from them until i got a letter from Roxburghe this month claiming £128. I phoned them and they we insistant that i paid up and there was no way of getting it any cheaper or them asking APCOA to contact me and replying to my appeal. He was then very rude and said that as i was not listening to him their was no poit in talking to me and hung up. I rang back and asked to speak to a manager, a new guy got on and said that their was no recourse and i had to pay. Having read these posts i will ignore their call and tell them to take me to court.

You have an interesting post here. Particularly re the timescale as actually the PPC may have been out of time.

You need to start your own thread, tough, to stop things running together.

If you could re-post on your own thread but try to add dates of the event and the 1st letter, it would help and also what that letter was headed. Could it have been taken as the Notice to Keeper and not a reminder.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I am having the same problems with APCOA and Roxburgh. I got diverted to Luton and my son came to pick us up. He arrived as we walked out of the terminal and stopped at the side of the road, i told him to go to the drop off point which he did, paid our £2 and home we went.

A month later my son got a letter from APCOA claiming £40 fine. I appealed on his behalf as it was us he was picking up and that we had used the drop off.

Not a word was heard from them until i got a letter from Roxburghe this month claiming £128. I phoned them and they we insistant that i paid up and there was no way of getting it any cheaper or them asking APCOA to contact me and replying to my appeal. He was then very rude and said that as i was not listening to him their was no poit in talking to me and hung up. I rang back and asked to speak to a manager, a new guy got on and said that their was no recourse and i had to pay. Having read these posts i will ignore their call and tell them to take me to court.

Read this thread and do the same as advised there:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4754109

Sounds very similar and can be cancelled even now with the right complaints and a stronger letter to APCOA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • liverpool4life
    Options
    Just received a PCN whilst queuing up for 1 minute to get in to the drop off Zone. Car in front of me was dithering about so nowhere for me to go. Seems an over zealous camera operator Zapped me in this miniscule space of time. Though really not a lot they can do to extract £80 from me reduced to £40 if paid within 14 days, I did however phone them explaining that I required the raw files of the images (jpegs can be doctored)i was told that I had to appeal in writing. Just about to do that and my letter goes like this.

F**K off apcoa. Nice try but not on this occasion.

:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport