IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

APCOA Parking fines LUTON AIRPORT

Options

Comments

• jod7
    jod7 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    having read all the info on here, first thanks for all the advice. I never received the letter from APCOA, that got skipped and i got the one from roxburgh. after trying to contact APCOA direct, was on phone for 30 mins just ringing no answer, and link for payment didnt work. spoke to one of my police officer friends and she told me to report to police so it is on file so if anything does come of it you have a back up. however dont want to risk ending up in court. has anyone ever got that far with them? thanks
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    This company does not do court.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,800 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 August 2012 at 10:06PM
    Options
    jod7 wrote: »
    having read all the info on here, first thanks for all the advice. I never received the letter from APCOA, that got skipped and i got the one from roxburgh. after trying to contact APCOA direct, was on phone for 30 mins just ringing no answer, and link for payment didnt work. spoke to one of my police officer friends and she told me to report to police so it is on file so if anything does come of it you have a back up. however dont want to risk ending up in court. has anyone ever got that far with them? thanks

What?

I really wish the Police would wise up to this scam and just tell people it's not a fine. You do not need to do anything, it's all a mail scam, why on earth were you trying to ring the scammers and looking at using the link for payment?

This is a SCAM. Just play snap with the letters, they all match the copies we show on our second to top thread (see my signature for how to click back from here to the main forum threads). Second one down is 'PPC letter chains' so you can see what to ignore. It's just some junk mail from Roxburghe and Graham White, it's all hot air and you do NOT end up in Court nor with a CCJ. It's just like ignoring phishing emails.

Anyone who pays is a complete mug (harsh but true).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hollister2012
    hollister2012 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 20 August 2012 at 3:17PM
    Options
    We received a Parking Enforcement Notice from APCOA, Luton. Saying that we contravented 01 Failing to park in a designed parking area while travelling to Lutons Off Airport parking Car Park. We thought it very strange as at no time did we park anywhere all we did was pull up to the side of the road to turn round as we realised e where going the wrong way.

I would like to thank everyone for their comments as without this information we would of paid the fine.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,800 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That's good news! :T

Hope you have found the thread to just play snap with all the letters? Spread the word about this scam among friends & family (and BTW it is NOT a fine!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • wallbash
    wallbash Posts: 17,775 Forumite
    Options
    We thought it very strange as at no time did we park anywhere all we did was pull up to the side of the road to turn round as we realised e where going the wrong way.

Its one way around the disputed area. Why would you want to turn round ?.Guessing we have not got the full story, but don't let us stop the arm chair lawyers having their say.
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    And your advice is?
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    wallbash wrote: »
    Its one way around the disputed area. Why would you want to turn round ?.Guessing we have not got the full story, but don't let us stop the arm chair lawyers having their say.

So what do you advise then ? If it's any different tell us why your interpretation is different to ignoring the parking company? In the case above its a bit ironic as that person didn't park. I await your reply with baited breathe.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Trebor16
    Trebor16 Posts: 3,061 Forumite
    Options
    wallbash wrote: »

They said they had gone the wrong way which is why they wanted to turn around. But thanks for confirming that you support a private company issuing penalties to motorists when they have no legal basis to do so.
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 August 2012 at 4:56PM
    Options
    At least we armchair lawyers (and I, for one, accept the description) are trying to help people.

Turning around in a one-way road isn't a good idea. However, I have read that the airport's road layout is complicated and the direction signs could be better.

The ticket was for not parking in a designated area, not for going down the road the wrong way, which is probably outside APCOA's remit anyway. Not that this would probably stop them.

Very strictly speaking, for the split second that the car was stationary at the side of the road, it was parked. You don't have to switch off the engine and/or get out to park.

See, I am an armchair lawyer. Even though I don't have an armchair. Case proven, m'lud? :)
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure