PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

what to use natural yogurt for ?

Options

Comments

• honey28
    honey28 Posts: 1,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sorry to bring this one back but I had searched fot Yogurt cake after trying it last night for the first time. What kind of yogurt do I use??
  • Chell
    Chell Posts: 1,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :confused::confused:
    1 carton yoghurt
    1 1/2 cartons sugar
    1 carton vegetable oil
    1 carton self raising flour
    3 eggs

Mix all ingredients together really well. pour into lined cake tin and bake at 180oc - 190oc for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

The yoghurt tub is an easy way to measure for this cake. what ever size or tub you use is tha standard for ALL the ingredients. If using a large tube, you may need to add an extra egg.

The recipe I have uses 3 cartons of flour
    Nevermind the dog, beware of the kids!
  • Chell
    Chell Posts: 1,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    honey28 wrote:
    sorry to bring this one back but I had searched fot Yogurt cake after trying it last night for the first time. What kind of yogurt do I use??
    My favourites are hazelnut, vanilla, madarin and toffee. You can#t tell what yoghurt you have used but each cake tastes different. My least favourite are berry flavour yoghurts.
    Nevermind the dog, beware of the kids!
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    the yoghurt cake recipe i have is

51/4oz sugar, 8fl oz veg oil, 8fl oz set yoghurt, 2 eggs, 8oz plain flour
    3 tsps baking powder, 2tsps vanilla essence, mix all 160deg, 50 mins
    i havnt made it but have tasted it and its lovely, you can use flavoured yoghurt
  • lindadykes
    lindadykes Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    Try this link http://forum.downsizer.net/about10231.html for an "unfeasibly easy yoghurt cake", The original recipe is for a lemon cake, but when I made it I didn't have any lemons so I flavoured it with a grated apple and cinnamon which made a lovely light and delicious apple spice cake. There are loads of other variations listed on site though and it really is "unfeasibly easy"
  • doorstep
    doorstep Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    I have a large (500g) pot of natural yoghurt to be used by tomorrow. I can't think what to do with it though :confused: !

I don't realy want to make a yoghurt cake (don't really need the extra calories :rotfl: ), but I'm stumped for ideas!

Thanks in advance.
  • Josiegirl
    Josiegirl Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    If you have some chicken or lamb in the freezer, and haven't planned tea yet, look up a recipe for tandoori. That will use up some of it.

Other than that, I'm stumped as well, srry.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fresh fruit smoothies???

i use banana,yog,bit of milk,drizzle of honey and some ice cubes

use whatever fruit you have / like

lovely :)
  • larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yoghurt milkshakes? Infact the homemade yog I make is always used for milkshakes. In Sainsburys they have a milkshake mix big bottle £2.49 which has no added sugar and only uses about 9 calories a serving.
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

• bektoria
    bektoria Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    If you add some jam or some other type of flavour you could make lollies. My children love them and at least you know what is in them.

Bek
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport