IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking fines UKCPS Ltd

Options

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I was only wondering this afternoon about how long it would be before a PPC would pull that old trick of ticketing someone because the markings were covered by snow.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Options
    Farmersboy, before this one signs off can you just confirm who your ticket was issued by?
  • farmersboy6615
    Options
    Farmersboy, before this one signs off can you just confirm who your ticket was issued by?

some numpty from UKCPS at Cardigan Fields, Kirkstall Rd in Leeds.
  • give_them_FA
    Options
    You will have to be more specific as they are all numpties.

I asked because up till now I don't think you confirmed it as being private and not council. Cheers, now set about ignoring it.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Just ignore as they are useless scammers, word of advice though can you edit which shop you were parked outside of, the reason is that peter haswell their office manager tries to glean who you are from threads on here, he is a scumbag who routinely scours web forums looking for people who he can victimise, whether they parked there by mistake or not .

And please leave disabled bays to people who needs them.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    willow321 wrote: »
    hi, my car was parked in 1 of about 5 disabled parking bays outside halfords in a large retail park, there is about 8 spaces in total outside halfords but the rest of the car park was pretty much empty, i was in halfords about 10 mins when i came out i had a ticket from UKPCS.. pay 60.00 now or 100.00 later.
    it was daft to park in a disabled bay but i knew i would only be a few mins and it was raining....so do i just ignore any letters or pay up thanks:beer:

Just ignore, you don't owe them a penny. As this was UKCPS just be careful of any private messages you might receive, it might be UKCPS trying to wheedle information out of you.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Ignore UKPCS, but please leave the disabled bays available to people whom will need them, otherwise next time it might be a council run car-park and their fines are harder to avoid than the fake invoices
  • give_them_FA
    Options
    OK, Willow, now that you understand that private parking fines are completely unenforceable, why not help US by telling all your friends? and telling them to tell all THEIR friends? Etcetera...

People still get conned into paying these so people need to be put wise.... BEFORE they get one.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:34PM
    Options
    EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2016)

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    edited 14 February 2012 at 1:11AM
    Options
    He's told us why, Coupon. It was raining! and disabled bays are disabled bays because they are closest to the shop entrance. I've done it too, when there are a load of empty bays. It's called human nature, lass!

And why "allegedly" ? Surely the evidence is overwhelming?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure