IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking fines UKCPS Ltd

Comments

• k3ls3yp wrote: »
    Hi Minniehaha,

May I ask what has happened to your situation? I got a ticket last night and just trying to find out the end to peoples situations.

Thanks
    My girls have both had three letters and have ignored them all. Don't pay !!
  • If they have caused you stress its payback time. Tell everybody you know about this nasty little scam and private parking 'fines' are legally unenforceable.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • I got a UKCPS ticket last night, at home!

They put on the ticket that I wasn't in a marked bay, however, there were not any bays left, never been a problem before and I studied the signs today and I cannot see anywhere where it says "vehicles must be parked in marked bays".

I am sending them a letter of appeal, not giving them a penny though!

Also did a bit of research and found these interesting points:

It states that the tickets “unauthorised removal or interference is an offence”. I would like to know under which act of law does this become an offence, as the tickets are in no way covered by the provisions of the Road Traffic Act. Only those acting on behalf of the local authority are. Additionally part B5.1 of the BPA Code of Practice states that the ticket says “must not be removed from the vehicle by an unauthorised person”, it does not say anywhere that this is an offence or that the ticket must say that this is an offence.

Part 3 of the ticket claims that “failure to pay within 28 days of the parking charge notice date of issue will result in court action been taken against the driver.” Part B12.1 of the BPA Code of Practice clearly states that, “you must wait until 35 days after the parking ticket was issued before starting any court action.”

Part 5 states that “this parking ticket has been issued lawfully and the collection procedure is processed in accordance with the Administration of Justice Act 1970”. However, I would like to point out that due to the notice claiming that its unauthorised removal or interference is an offence, makes the use, issuing and pursuit of funds claimed due because of such, an offence in itself.
    May I also add that Section 40 of the act provides that a person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under contract, he or she:
    (a) harasses the other with demands for payment which by their frequency, or the manner or occasion of their making, or any accompanying threat or publicity are calculated to subject him/her or his/her family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;
    (b) falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it;
    (c) falsely represent themselves to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment;
    (d) utters a document falsely represented by him/her to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.

They sound like they are doing quite a bit of the above quite regularly!

I am going to pass these findings onto the BPA and also make them aware that I got a ticket for being out of a marked bay even though there is an absence of information on their signs stating that vehicles must in marked bays!!

Feel a bit anxious but I feel I have a very strong case even if it did go to court due to the lack of information on the signs.

Any help would be appreciated greatly!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:34PM
    EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2016)

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • at2184 wrote: »

I am going to pass these findings onto the BPA

Might as well send them to Santa-absolute waste of time.
    Just ignore it all,far simpler than quoting various gumph and getting in a stew about it.
    Went shoplifting at the Disneystore today.

Got a huge Buzz out of it.
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I would save your stamps, their screen invoices are a joke which look like the have been written by a trained chimp! Then the rubbish you get from them if you do contact them is even worse.

Think about it what are they going to make a claim for? Trespass, you live there and have the right to peaceful enjoyment. Loss, what did they lose? Breach of contract, have you made a contract with them?

No their only chance here is scare tactics and bullying, simply ignore them! However I would complain to the management company about these parasites!
  • This thread makes really interesting reading as I received a ticket from UKCPS for overstaying my 2 hour stay in the retail car park by the Metro Centre by 20 minutes. The place was RAMMED and we couldn't get parked, I asked a passer by if it was ok to park here and she replied "I think so, that's what we're doing!" I was a little worried about getting a ticket after seeing a sign at the entrance but actually thought that they'd show a little leniency seeing as the Metro Centre car park was brimming over. I spoke to several staff members in shops who said they fight over early shifts at this time of year just so they don't have to worry about parking.

I was quite narked about this tbh, especially for the sake of 20 minutes and it's not as if this particular car park was full either.

So the general consensus here is to just ignore the ticket then?
  • Yes ignore. This is a Mickey Mouse ticket and is legally unenforceable. Contacting the company will only encourage them to send even more threatmail. Please note that this bunch of chancers makes outrageous claims about taking motorists to court and winning. This is total claptrap.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Yes, just ignore.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Hi, I have been following the thread and I think that I know the answer to my post already...Just ignore it! :-)
    I live in a rented flat, with my allocated parking space. One day, the landlor came in with a parking permit and told me to display it in the car at all times. I forgot about it and one morning I found a parking fine in my car issued by UKCPS, which is the management company apparently. The fine was for 100 pounds and reduced to 60 pounds if paid before 14 days. I went on holiday the next day and I couldn´t do much about it. When I came back I complained to the landlord and I sent an e-mail to the appeals department of UKCPS. The landlord wasn´t bothered and UKCPS replied saying that I have to pay for the fine, even that I am the owner of that parking space because I didn´t display the parking permit. It has been more than 14 days since the issue, but they are happy to accept the reduced amount of 60 pounds if paid before an extended 14 days.
    Can you believe it, being fined for parking in my own parking space, which I am paying for every month in the rent???
    I think that I will follow the thread and I will ignore all the forthcoming letters, shall I?
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport